English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 31 October 2010, 20:38   #41
CKay

Reality is written in AMOS so the standard AMOS music format, which I forget, although depending on who coded the different skeleton disks (AFAIK only Brian and myself produced any skeleton disks for the package but he left the scene, and sadly I did too) then some of them can use MODS, mine do at least, not sure if any of Brian's did?

As well as what people have mentioned (Art dis, etc)... there were actually 6 Art Disks, 6 Sound Disks and 6 Music Disks (in fact thinking about it the Music Disks were choc full of MODs so Brian must have added support too in at least 1 of his Skeleton disks)

There's also updated versions of some of the software that Brian never got to use including MegaMacMap-Slider with slider bars and zoom to see whole level at once etc, Reality Paint to replace the crap one that was included and other improvements like hypertext style help built into some of the stuff... As well as the Platform Skeleton disk, I have the start of a Space Invaders/ Galaxian Skeleton disk that I never finished and some other odds and bobs.

I've still got the source code and all the disks and have started ripping them (a mate had an old machine with two floppy's on one cable, yay ), although have only come across certain stuff so far (I had about 12 disk boxes with 80 disks in each and have only found 5 so far, but I'll upload when I have found a few more things )

So far I've ripped Reality Paint, MegaMacMap-Slider, "8 Way Scrolling Platform" Skeleton disk, demo's of both Egor games and sometime this wee hopefully I'll swap machines again and make a start on ripping the 6 Art, Music and Sound disks although these were a bit flaky the last time I had a look at them about 10 years ago and keep looking for those other disk boxes of course.

I managed to make proper 50fps and 60fps video rips of the two Egor games last night, took me 2 hours of trying, lol, uploaded them to YouTube but it doesn't play them smooth or at full framerate sadly, they don't really show what could be done with the Skeleton and I've always been crap at gameplay mechanics and they are stupidly fast and hard, but if anyone's interested here's the links.

Egor's Quest on an A600 at 60fps NTSC
[ Show youtube player ]

Egor In Toyland on an A500 at 50fps PAL
[ Show youtube player ]

btw, I didn't now at the time that I was using ripped
graphics from Gods as I'd never played it, can't believe
this but I actually tried to get the demo of Egor's Quest
on an Amiga Action coverdisk, good job for me they never
did, lol, don't know where the graphics for the other Egor
game are from, I just pulled 'em off the Art Disks hehe

anyway, hopefully we can end up with a complete Reality
pack sometime soon, be good to see anyone make new
Amiga games using it (I have a dis somewhere with a game
some lad made using my Platform Skeleton, had nice graphics IIRC)

Cal...

P.S. if anyone has an email to use I could try and email some stuff over later on tonight?

AdSense AdSense  
Old 31 October 2010, 20:44   #42
TCD

Hi Cal and welcome to EAB! Interesting stuff there, so I shall PM you my email addy I guess Those Egor games don't look too bad, but are you sure you never played Gods back in the days?
Enjoy your stay
Old 31 October 2010, 20:53   #43
CKay

Nah, honest guv, I never played Gods until 2000 under PC emulation, I'd heard of it and seen small screenshots in mags, but not big enough to realise where the graphics were from, eek, lol... thanks, reply sent, off to sort though some disks using adfview

Old 31 October 2010, 21:01   #44
TCD

Okay Mean level design it seems, so looking forward to giving it a go.
Old 31 October 2010, 21:25   #45
Retro1234

Howdi Dude im Phineas68030 - Liked the Video dont think the Egor Amiga Action disk has ever been uploaded.
Cool look forward to any upload, id also be intrested in any source - intrigued about the scrolling routine.

If your still into AMOS pop by http://amos.ultimateamiga.co.uk/
Old 31 October 2010, 23:53   #46
MethodGit

Ello ello ello. Didn't we discuss the Egor games on here before?

Nice to see two decent videos of them I must say.

Also, I don't really see no Gods graphics, but more Doodlebug ones.
Old 01 November 2010, 00:03   #47
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit View Post
Ello ello ello. Didn't we discuss the Egor games on here before?
Seems like you have http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=28684
Guess I shall ask 'the RCK' to merge the accounts, so that Cal gets to 10 posts this time
Old 01 November 2010, 00:49   #48
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKay View Post
So far I've ripped Reality Paint, MegaMacMap-Slider, "8 Way Scrolling Platform" Skeleton disk, demo's of both Egor games and sometime this wee hopefully I'll swap machines again and make a start on ripping the 6 Art, Music and Sound disks although these were a bit flaky the last time I had a look at them about 10 years ago and keep looking for those other disk boxes of course.
Hi Cal,

If you find you have trouble reading any of those disks, you are welcome to send them to me. I have about 20 external Amiga floppy drives which between them are capable of reading anything but truly corrupted disks.

This method has a better chance of success with 'flaky' disks than using disk recovery software.

I would, of course, return them to you afterwards.
Old 21 January 2011, 09:04   #49
viddi

Is the SKELETON DISK still missing?

I found an archive on my harddisk that could contain the missing disk files.
Please check it out:
Attached Files
File Type: zip SKELETON DISK.zip (345.4 KB, 202 views)
Old 21 January 2011, 16:57   #50
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
It would be really good if all these disks can be brought together and then a group of us combine to make something! Then we make sure EAB is advertised on it aswell so hopefully alot of old amigans will be drawn in. I keep wondering if I could put some time and effort into making something, im itching to play on the real a1200 again as it was packed away a few years ago due to lack of space. Winuae is excellent but having the real hardware hiding away isnt right

So ive made an effort to buy new-old floppy disks, bought a pcmcia flash adaptor (i have a catweasel but its annoying) and we have a new 32" tv in the bedroom just crying out for the miggy output! I think the time is right to get some games made
Old 21 January 2011, 17:35   #51
Retro1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by viddi View Post
Is the SKELETON DISK still missing?

I found an archive on my harddisk that could contain the missing disk files.
Please check it out:
Looks like thats one of them have you got anymore?
Theres meant to be different categories of games and of course the Skeleton Disks can be just used as games.
Ill try and make contact with CKay again and see if hes made any progress
Old 21 January 2011, 17:58   #52
amigang

That is the dizzy/adventure editor, I think that one has been found, I got the platform disk, good news is next week I'm off from work so I (finally) spending alot of time on my Amiga, and transfering all them files over. so should have them up for you by the end of next week.
Old 25 January 2011, 19:17   #53
amigang

Finally Got around to doing it, pulling all my files off my Amiga hard disk on to my Pc

I present the

REALITY PLATFORM SKELETON DISK !!!!

Unfortantly due to long time in storage a lot of my disks seem to have developed errors very annoy and made me wish I backup my stuff more offen. So any way there is a missing graphic file on main disk, luckly this doesnt effect the editor as it will ask for a data/graphic disk before it loads into it, and lucky enough I did find one game I must of only just started editing the files, so I uploaded this as well for when it request the other disk. Personaly I never really understood the editor that well and never really made a game with it, after having a quick look at it now, I'm still confused, any way there is a help doc on the editor disk as well. Hope someone has fun with it.

http://www.vincentperkins.com/r/RealityPlatform.adf
and
http://www.vincentperkins.com/r/RealityPlatformGFX.adf

enjoy
Old 25 January 2011, 23:19   #54
viddi

Thank you very much, amigang!
Old 25 January 2011, 23:51   #55
MethodGit

Random question: did you manage to image that little games compilation disk yet?
Old 26 January 2011, 12:27   #56
viddi

Me?
Old 27 January 2011, 14:40   #57
MethodGit

No, amigang. Apologies!
Old 27 January 2011, 15:13   #58
viddi

Old 29 January 2011, 13:53   #59
amigang

Never happy

I did transfer a few, but like I said alot had errors and for what ever reason, some I have tranfered, did'nt seem to tranfer 100%. I dont know what going on, but here are two disk for you too look at.

http://www.vincentperkins.com/r/RealityGamePack1.adf
(collection of 7 mini basic game I think it was, but wont work for me now?)

http://www.vincentperkins.com/r/RealityGamePack2.adf
(a dizzy type adventure, but controlling a monk. click MAIN FILE and it should work, it wont just load up however anymore.)

If I get more time i see if i can get the rest over, but only have like 7 disks left of that 50 game pack, I'm sure I had more but I must of got rid of them, sorry. But your not missing out on much.
Old 24 November 2013, 23:40   #60
lifeschool
Local Moderator

I was hoping this would be an easy Racing game contruction kit but the Racing disk of Reality is still missing. Anyone any suggestions?
AdSense AdSense