English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 17 September 2007, 15:50   #1
StarEye
Zone Friend

Kick Off 2 fan(atic)s!

Okay, after many many years away from KO2, I'm trying to get back to my old form. Being slightly spoiled by the availability and responsiveness in SWOS, it's a bit of hard work. So, I thought I'd ask all those Kick Off 2 fans if there are any tips and tricks to the game, to speed up my progress?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 September 2007, 15:56   #2
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
You can start by joining the Kick Off Association... Whereabouts in Norway are you? We have some Norwegian members and improvement would come more easily if you played against human opponents.

You can check our Improving Your KO2 Skills thread.

A good advice would also be to download our latest competition version, a hacked version of Kick Off 2 (same gameplay, don't worry) that will give you many more options, such as practice free kicks.
Old 17 September 2007, 16:04   #3
StarEye
Zone Friend

Yes, I saw the Competition version, and wondered that since it's an ADF, I can get it working on my A1200? Also, I'd love to save my goals (already scored a couple of decent goals), but so far I've been using the WHDload installed beta version, and don't think that supports golden goals saves.

Also have an original re-release of the game from late in the Amiga days, where I got a boot disk to make it work on my A1200.

I'm in Rygge/Moss btw, 50-60 km south of Oslo.
Old 17 September 2007, 16:16   #4
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Yes, of course you can use it on your A1200, we use it on real Amigas. You won't even need the boot disk or disabling the caches; it's plug and play now. Saving goals won't be a problem either, but they will only work on the competition version, not the old ones.

The WHDLoad version was an early, incomplete release I'm afraid.

I'm not an expert on Norwegian geography, but I think you're closer to the tournaments that are held in Sweden.
Old 17 September 2007, 16:58   #5
Haakon

You can visit me in Porsgrunn, and then we can practice together... :-)

I'm not any good, but i beat 7 people at the last WC (ended 43 of 50). What i learned there was that if you are ever going to be any good at kick-off, you have to practice, practice and practice. And that is no fun by sitting by yourself and play the computer.

I thought i was good at KO before loosing my KO-virginity by losing 10-0 in my first match :-) There are 5-10 "static" ways of scoring goals you HAVE to know if to be any good. The most easy one, BUT controversial, is lobbing at the middle of the pitch (when starting the game, or after a goal). If you do that right, you'll score almost every time... .

Unfortunately there are mostly Tromsų based norwegians who plays Kick Off, but there are also me and two guys located in Grimstad. Us four (included you) are the only known in the southern of Norway (methinks...). The ones in Grimstad is very good.

I'm building a house at the moment. I may invite to a local tournament when the house is up, and my "play room" is ready. If you still play Kick off then, you'll get an invitation wether you like it or not.
AdSense AdSense