English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > EAB's competition

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an EAB/Lemon Amiga Super-League?
Yes 20 76.92%
No 5 19.23%
Other (describe in thread) 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31 August 2007, 18:55   #1
Graham Humphrey

How about a joint EAB/Lemon Amiga Super-League?

A few weeks ago, we had a brief discussion on here about something like an EAB vs Lemon Amiga games competition. Recently me and Biscuit (Lemon's compo organiser) have been discussing the possibility of a joint EAB/LA league. This is in the very early planning stages currently and we've agreed to put the idea out to you lot before taking it any further.

The basic idea is that, after both our regular seasons have finished, we'll both have the same league where members of EAB and LA can join in without having to visit both forums. One idea we've had is to provide a link for the other forum's game round/vote thread and keep scores updated on both sites. This way it's more convenient for players as they don't need to visit both sites to see what's going on, though they can if they like.

To make things more interesting, we'll also come up with a way of adding together all the EAB scores and LA scores over the season, so as well as the standard individual scores, we'll also find out which forum has the better players.

Of course this is all at a very early stage and we'd like some feedback from the people who will potentially be playing it (i.e. you). Is it a good idea? Could it work? What rules etc. would you like to see implemented? Any suggestions?

There's also a poll as well, but regardless of what you vote I'd like you to post your thoughts in this thread so I can get a better idea of what you all think.

Regardless of how popular this proves, both the EAB and LA competitions will run until the end of the season as originally scheduled; if this happens it won't start until next year, so there's plenty of time to organise it.

(The equivalent thread on Lemon Amiga is here.)
Old 01 September 2007, 12:35   #2
Graham Humphrey

6-1 in favour of the idea so far. Though as me and Biscuit have both voted I'm not sure our votes really count

Thanks to everyone who's voted so far but I'd also like to read your thoughts on it too (especially if you voted 'no' - why don't you like the idea?).
Old 01 September 2007, 13:42   #3
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Does it really matter who votes no? I won't be joining in as I have no time for games these days, but as long as there are enough people that like the idea and say yes, who cares about us "no" people?
Old 01 September 2007, 14:45   #4
Graham Humphrey

Well, that's the whole point of the vote - to see if there are enough "yes" people. If it proves unpopular with the majority then we won't run it, as simple as that, we'll stick with our regular leagues. Of course at the moment more people have voted yes (both on here and on Lemon; both forums need to be interested for this to work) but I am interested in why people would like to play it or not. If there's anything we can do to make it more appealing for the people who say no then we'll consider any ideas they have.
Old 01 September 2007, 15:18   #5
Graham Humphrey

And one more thing: when I say are people interested, really I'm referring to those that already take part in the competition, or those that follow it or would like to take part but don't for various reasons. If you're not interested in taking part in any league full stop then obviously there's no point in voting (which is obviously why Codetapper didn't vote).

I say this because I've noticed that everyone who's voted "no" so far hasn't taken part in the competition yet. Is it because you're not interested whatsoever, or because you actually think the whole thing's not a good idea? Do tell, I won't bite...
Old 01 September 2007, 23:12   #6
Biscuit

I think this is just an exercise to poach Lemon's best players. I see that peace fellow, and that mihcael bloke and... erm... that Biscuit chap... are already posting here. When will the madness end!?!?!

Why don't we team up and beat on the amigagames forum?
Old 01 September 2007, 23:37   #7
Marcuz
Wurk???

a number of active amigagames guys already post here! and that other serious (too serious) board too...
Old 01 September 2007, 23:38   #8
Marcuz
Wurk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
a number of active amigagames guys already post here! and that other serious (too serious) board too...
btw, i do not vote as i do not even play in the current league: alas i do not have the time and i suck at arcades... and at almost any genre.
Old 02 September 2007, 01:04   #9
Graham Humphrey

That's fair enough Marco, no point voting if you're not going to take part, after all.
Old 02 September 2007, 02:56   #10
VermillioN

I see that Lemon's league is quite popular. TBH I just don't have the time to compete in 2 leagues so a superleague(tm) would be perfect
More popular, more competitive, more flexible and it could prove to be even more fun

Old 02 September 2007, 10:59   #11
Graham Humphrey

Thanks VermillioN, that's exactly the sort of thing I was looking for

C'mon everyone else, let's hear your thoughts please
Old 02 September 2007, 12:13   #12
blade002
Zone Friend

I agree with Vermillion. Its a great idea

It also brings more of us Amiga Gamers and Users together by combining the two, thus making the feeling of what the Amiga is all about, which is "us".

Roll on Super League !!!
Old 02 September 2007, 15:32   #13
girv

I won't be playing - I will cite my lack of both time and gaming ability - but I think a place where Amiga gamers can come together is a good idea
Old 02 September 2007, 19:48   #14
mailman
Zone Friend

I would like to stay everything as it is now (two leagues on two separate forums) but additionaly I would like to have something like superleague only in the matter of points. Personally I have difficulties to figure out how this could be achieved to make a real superleague in the matter of additional play. Who would play? In what? Too many issues. Maybe a good point would be a "struggle" between four the best players of the season from EAB and Lemon to see the real champion?
Old 02 September 2007, 21:57   #15
Graham Humphrey

Why would you think that would be difficult? Everyone's free to play, it would just be one big competition. As for your idea, as LA and EAB both use different scoring systems and length of rounds I don't think that would be feasible really.
Old 03 September 2007, 04:48   #16
VermillioN

..so I guess the only option is.. to form the SUPERLEAGUE
"build it, and they will come"

Old 03 September 2007, 15:58   #17
Dizzy
Pirate

I dont care. Dont play those games, only play adventuregames, or I play on my DC or PS2...and dont visit lemon amiga.....

Why not make a superleague with an atari ST board, so we can kick some atari ass
Old 03 September 2007, 16:24   #18
VermillioN

because there would be no competition

Old 03 September 2007, 17:43   #19
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

dear graham,
how will you do that, every player post is score on is own forum and you will join after the 2 competion together or we must post our score to the other forum.Please how you see that????
And after i ll vote.
Old 03 September 2007, 18:54   #20
Graham Humphrey

Yeah, you only have to post on one forum and we (me and Biscuit) will do the rest

In fact you'll only be allowed to post on one forum because of the EAB vs Lemon scores.