English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 08 January 2008, 13:39   #101
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heula View Post
I have an AmigaOs3.9 cd and mounted it in Amigasys3 plus and when started up the cd has found and Amigasys asks if I want to upgrade to OS3.9.
Yes I will and then I get this error and I don't know what to with / about it.

Can't find AmigaOS3.9:Os-Version3.9/First-Install

How can I upgrade?
This is a little bug. The setup is independent of him, setup works (click deny). The successor will be repaired in a next version.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 January 2008, 21:18   #102
Dary

AmigaSYS news: Make a wallpaper! Where are the Italian users???

I look around for an eager graphician, who would like to make an AmigaSYS wallpaper! Anyone can send (this goes for Rolpho too ), who has the mood and thinks he can make a wallpaper. One condition: it has to be an Amiga inspired theme... Minimum 1280*960, but 1600*1200 is recommended. PNG (drop me with a mail)!

To the Italian users:
I have to write again, maybe too few people read the news, but you won an opportunity to implement your language into AmigaSYS installers, scripts, system language, etc. Unlike the Poland guys (they sent several dozens mails, thx), from the Italian side, only 1 guy wrote, but he is disappeared too... I would like to ask every Italian user, who can speak English, please drop me a mail, the translation file is only 10Kb. If there won't be a response in the next days, i will offer the opportunity to the 6th place wich is France. Visit the webpage continously for further information.

http://amigasys.extra.hu
Old 17 January 2008, 23:16   #103
fc.studio
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary View Post
AmigaSYS news: Make a wallpaper! Where are the Italian users???

I look around for an eager graphician, who would like to make an AmigaSYS wallpaper! Anyone can send (this goes for Rolpho too ), who has the mood and thinks he can make a wallpaper. One condition: it has to be an Amiga inspired theme... Minimum 1280*960, but 1600*1200 is recommended. PNG (drop me with a mail)!

To the Italian users:
I have to write again, maybe too few people read the news, but you won an opportunity to implement your language into AmigaSYS installers, scripts, system language, etc. Unlike the Poland guys (they sent several dozens mails, thx), from the Italian side, only 1 guy wrote, but he is disappeared too... I would like to ask every Italian user, who can speak English, please drop me a mail, the translation file is only 10Kb. If there won't be a response in the next days, i will offer the opportunity to the 6th place wich is France. Visit the webpage continously for further information.

I could try to help you... I hope it will not be so long and difficoult.
Old 20 January 2008, 20:49   #104
Dary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc.studio View Post
I could try to help you... I hope it will not be so long and difficoult.
Ok, Thx
Old 20 January 2008, 20:50   #105
Dary

The XTR or in full name Xtreme Racing was released in 1995 by Silltunna Software Ltd. (now Tuna Technologies Limited) In my opinion, it is the best racing game on Amiga, if you knows it, you know it is a real curio, with a wonderful playability. I announce it happily, by favour of the Silltunna aka Tuna Technologies Limited, the following AmigaSYS versions (WinUAE, E-UAE, Amiga 1200/4000, XBOX) will contain the full HD version (Game+Editor) of the game! A separate downloadable version will not included only the built-in version in the AmigaSYS.

more infos, pictures:

Old 20 January 2008, 21:21   #106
paranoid
Phone Zen

Nice looking game and a cool addition to AmigaSYS. Looks a bit like a Mario Kart game and very nice that they let you include it with AmigaSYS.

Say, while I'm at it.. I'm using AmigaSYS under WinUAE.. Any idea why my path isn't set? When I open up a newshell and type 'path' there is only the current directory and c:

I've been using AmigaSYS a little while now, but haven't noticed this until I started getting a BBS installed. Nothing in my startup-sequence or user-startup changes or changes the path. Is there another utility somewhere that might be resetting the path?
Old 20 January 2008, 21:47   #107
Dary

Use it:

Newshell:
Path add Work:
Path ? = options.

etc..

User startup (last line) :

Path add Work:
Path add Work:1
Path add Work:2
Path add Work:3
Path add System:Yourdir

etc.
Old 21 January 2008, 21:30   #108
paranoid
Phone Zen

I've done that.. No matter what paths I set, to other programs there is only current dir and C: in the path. It's like after startup there is no path set at all. If this doesn't happen with other AmigaSYS installed, it must be something peculiar with my setup. I just wondered if maybe you could think of some other background process that might do something with the path.
Old 20 March 2008, 19:11   #109
Dary

AmigaSYS English-Deutsch translation

The AmigaSYS 4 contains a lot of changes. I need a new Deutsch ReadMe file for the new version. I need someone, who can translate a ~10 kb file from English to Deutsch, wich will be the official help for AmigaSYS 4.

If you feel you can do this 0,5-1 hour work, please drop a mail to
dary.amigasys@gmail.com

Thanks

Dary
Old 13 September 2008, 04:55   #110
Ebster

when i try to upgrade my amigasys3agaplus wb3.1 installation to 3.9 in winuae at 50% and at 100% it says object not found in the installation window. installation progress is too fast in that case anyway and i don't actually see files being copied. after that the os is totally bugged, just a grey window with the white workbench bar on top and the mouse cursor after reset.

to install i mounted the os 3.9 cd as a directory, device cd0 labeled AmigaOS3.9 and could access the cd perfectly through the workbench. the same issue when checked as pc-cd-rom active in winuae options:

amigasys automatically detects the cd and wants to upgrade but it seems to me that it doesn't copy files, even deletes existing system files

what am i doing wrong?
Old 13 September 2008, 15:45   #111
Ebster

has anybody here tried to install os3.9 on amigasys. i have bought haage und partner version.
Old 13 September 2008, 18:02   #112
Thalion
Amiga Collector

I have. Works fine for me, never had a problem. Just inserting the CD and in is autodetected and installed properly. I don't know which version it is but its a red CD with skyflight audiotrack on it.
Old 13 September 2008, 18:51   #113
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
only problem I`ve ever had with AmigaSYS is I forgot to allocate some rtg memory
never looked back since, lovely stuff wb3.9+AmigaSYS
Old 13 September 2008, 22:04   #114
Ebster

you guys are so lucky!!

if i don't get it by tomorrow i'll give up
Old 14 September 2008, 15:10   #115
Ebster

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately the AmigaSYS 3 Plus AGA installer is wrong. Two H&P solution exists and it is only compatible with one. The next version (AmigaSYS 4 AGA) will fix this problem. Will be released soon. I suggest to wait for it...

Thx for your report.

Dary / AmigaSYS
ok, so i am not totally stupid... regards!
AdSense AdSense