English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: Where should the James Pond video be put?
Longplay Section! 7 63.64%
No, You cheated! Misc section 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 July 2007, 21:37   #1
RickyC

Should James Pond be added as a longplay on RAG??

we have decided to let you people decide!

The thing Is I made a longplay for RAG (www.recordedamigagames.org) but since i had to cheat on the last level its not sure if this should be added or not.

All the versions of this game i got my hands on had glitches! Level 11 had two versions so i had to keep reloading till i got the right one. Only one version could be completed.

THe main problem is level 12. It had 5 versions only one could be completed and also the doctor that followed you around glitches so he appeared like 10x. He normally follows you and appears in the place you where about 5 seconds ago. So 10+ doctors all in different places...makes it impossible to stay still without him being on top of you _...and level 12 you need to wait to pass the pipes and stop to put items in your home. You touch doctor its death in like 1 second...5 lives max. So normally i place item in home BAM he is there i die...and so on.

SOo in my eyes this makes level 12 impossible to complete without cheats. I used the invincible cheat on the last level and only thing level. First 11 levels no cheats used. So should the game be put in the longplay bit or be thrown in the crappy misc section?

Though i do remember one time i tried level 12 the doctor wasn't glitched..but i couldnt do that again...and even if it did its still only a 1/5 chance of me having the right version of the level

EDIT- and of course this info is in my comments with the longplay!!

Last edited by RickyC; 28 July 2007 at 02:34.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 27 July 2007, 21:53   #2
Ironclaw
Banned

Although you cheated.... I think this one should be added to the longplays, as long as you keep the details, like the ones above so the viewers will know you cheated, but it was necessary.

You have probably spent much time on this too...
Old 27 July 2007, 21:57   #3
DamienD
Global Moderator

...a bit Off Topic but

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyC View Post
All the versions of this game i got my hands on had glitches! Level 11 had two versions so i had to keep reloading till i got the right one. Only one version could be completed.

THe main problem is level 12. It had 5 versions only one could be completed and also the doctor that followed you around glitches so he appeared like 10x.
If you don't mind, could you possibly provide the details (name / CRC32) of the version that isn't buggy in this thread?

... The bad cracks / 100% working games thread
Old 27 July 2007, 22:01   #4
RickyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...a bit Off Topic but

If you don't mind, could you possibly provide the details (name / CRC32) of the version that isn't buggy in this thread?

... The bad cracks / 100% working games thread
that isnt buggy? all the versions i tried where buggy though. Like every one! i couldnt find one that didnt have the bugs in level 11 or 12.
Old 27 July 2007, 22:10   #5
BippyM
Global Moderator

Sps??
Old 27 July 2007, 22:12   #6
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
that isnt buggy? all the versions i tried where buggy though. Like every one! i couldnt find one that didnt have the bugs in level 11 or 12.
Sorry, let me rephrase

I understand that all version are buggy but could you provide the details of the only version that could be completed i.e.

Quote:
It had 5 versions only one could be completed...
...or am I missing something
Old 27 July 2007, 22:19   #7
RickyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Sorry, let me rephrase

I understand that all are all buggy but could you provide the details of the only version that could be completed i.e.

...or am I missing something
Umm i will try to explain a little better.

What i meant was when level 12 loaded, it could of loaded 5 layouts of that level. Each layout of the level looked the same but the item placements where different. And only one of the level layout could be completed. What layout loaded of the level seemed random. So in each ADF file i tried you just had to keep restarting the level till you got the right one. Not one ADF loaded the right level everytime.

This happened with every version of the game, same with the docotor glitch.

In short -
1.Every version of the game the bugs where the same.
2. When level 12 loaded it could of given you any 1 of 5 versions of that level.

Im really not good at explained -_-
each version if you kept reseting till you could the right level layout it could be completed. However the doctor glitch makes staying alive impossible without a health cheat!
Old 27 July 2007, 22:24   #8
DamienD
Global Moderator

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you for the explanation

Just ignore my comments then
AdSense AdSense