English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 01 June 2007, 01:11   #1
jimbo100

German Ebayer - amix68k

Anyone had much to do with the German ebayer by the name of amix68k ?
Old 01 June 2007, 01:16   #2
billy

Not I. Sry.
Old 01 June 2007, 07:57   #3
keropi

why u keep asking in a.org and here? what is the matter?
some ppl on a.org told he is OK, so.....? :?
Old 01 June 2007, 08:21   #4
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
The chap in question seems not to be so reliable, selling dodgy parts and such. Reading the whole bunch of a.org posts http://www.amiga.org/modules/newbb/v...38357&forum=21 you'll see everyones not too happy...
Old 01 June 2007, 13:37   #5
jimbo100

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi
why u keep asking in a.org and here? what is the matter?
some ppl on a.org told he is OK, so.....? :?
Well I can tell you he is not ok!

This is what happened to me

Purchased a PIV card from him on Ebay, card is dead.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220104798285&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=012

It looks like this card which was dead when he bought it.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180094694368

He claims they are different boards and that he bought the one he sent me from a user group and that he used it for a long time!

At the time he offered me a A4000 mainboard which guess what, is also dead! He claims he took it out of a working machine and stored it but when I received it it was missing jumpers and the kickstart socket is broken which he didn't tell me about at the time of purchase.

When I questioned him about the jumpers he claims that he may have removed them but does not answer me about the kickstart socket damage.

He is an Amiga user who sells a lot of gear but for some reason he doesn't test some things. Looking back thru his feedback there are a few complaints of him selling dud gear which he simply replys as untested and bad luck for the buyer.

He certainly doesnt help the Amiga cause and now he is also telling me bad luck.

It leaves a sour taste in my mouth and down $420+.

and now I get this!

Of course I have quizzed him all all this and asked for a refund but when I get home tonight I see he has put an eBay dispute in saying I haven't paid for the items when I have lodged a dispute with paypal?

Surely eBay can see that I have paid using Paypal? Talk about childish, this guy is completly dishonest!

Last edited by jimbo100; 01 June 2007 at 16:34.
Old 01 June 2007, 13:45   #6
keropi

omg, he sucks! he seems to bid in many amiga items, I think he resells them for profit...
sorry about the misfortune, I was just wondering why u keep asking for him!
Old 01 June 2007, 15:36   #7
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
omg, he sucks! he seems to bid in many amiga items, I think he resells them for profit...
Yep, seems to be a reseller or hardware collector. He is one of the guys who destroyed the 1230 blizzard prices, some month ago. I bet on several cards, but the most prices raised insanely high. Some cards were sold for 200-300 €, this is sick.
Old 01 June 2007, 16:48   #8
jimbo100

Quote:
I only asked once on each forum, just wanted to see if there was any feedback.

Sometimes the negative feedback tells you a whole lot more about a person than the positive stuff esp when it's the same negative feedback. No one can be that unlucky with things breaking between him selling and the goods arriving!

Some of his feedback from eBay that I have found (translated with AltaViata)

1. Supply and completion of OK ONE. Commodity clearly defectively!
2. Board very worst than the description and NOT WORKING -- very BAD --never again
3. The non removable disk was unfortunately operatingunable, went more zurueck(aber still no money)....
4. Defective commodity supplied!! Stirs up off (function of a Festpl can. n. examine)
5. commodity defectively therefore neutrally
6. Quick supply, good packing. But the commodity is defective unfortunately. Harm
7. Commodity as lack those were not indicated. Equipment in no good condition

There are many more but the common theme is he is not adverse to buying faulty gear and selling it again simply claiming untested and responds with each feedback with the same line, "Sales without function warranty"

Dishonest people need to be avoided, they ruin the whole Amiga exprience!

ONE TO STAY WELL CLEAR OFF!
Old 01 June 2007, 17:35   #9
keropi

at least now we are warned!
there are several scum-bags dealing amiga items nowdays...
Old 01 June 2007, 22:49   #10
Gavilan
Amiga user & abuser

Send a message via ICQ to Gavilan Send a message via MSN to Gavilan
Just curious guys...if he is the one (or some of the ones) taking up the price of the Blizzard cards, and they go for 200/300 dollars...who can he sell later those cards & still make a profit?

I mean, nobody in his sane mind would pay suchn an insane price for that pice of hardware, right?

I mean, better wait until the prices drop!!!
Old 01 June 2007, 23:05   #11
BinoX
Miggy Man

Yes.. no one would pay that... *Raises guilty hand*

I pay a lot for hardware if I REALLY want/need it... heh..

Things are worth whatever people like me will pay for them... On the up side I don't just sell them on, I actually use them.. (If I didn't use them I wouldn't buy them)
Old 02 June 2007, 00:36   #12
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavilan
Just curious guys...if he is the one (or some of the ones) taking up the price of the Blizzard cards, and they go for 200/300 dollars...who can he sell later those cards & still make a profit?

I mean, nobody in his sane mind would pay suchn an insane price for that pice of hardware, right?

I mean, better wait until the prices drop!!!
There is always one guy, who pay such insane prices on eBay. And the cards go for 200-300 €, not dollars. Maybe you want to keep an eye of this auction:

87 €, and six days to go. The winning bid is probably 120-150 €, maybe more.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Amiga-1200-phase5...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 02 June 2007, 00:41   #13
BinoX
Miggy Man

I'd say about 120 euros is about right for that... But that's just me ^_^;;
Old 02 June 2007, 02:19   #14
jimbo100

Someone replied to the thread in Amiga.org about him stating they won the motherboard in the auction
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...8566&rd=1&rd=1

This is the mainboard he sold to me...

And this person has said why they didn't buy it

"In the end, all of this doesn't make any sense to me, so I decided to accept the negative feedback I might get, and save my 150 USD the auction would have set me back. Unfortunately another user will most likely end up with the dead motherboard

Bottom line and sorry to say it, I caught him lying enough times through the emails sent back and forth, that I would ever trust him."

Interesting.

I have found out why he opened a non paying dispute in eBay. I lodged a claim through Paypal (prob got no hope but worth a try) and Paypal have withdrawn the funds from his account. The dispute he lodged with eBay is that I have withdrawn the funds from his account. I wish!
Old 08 June 2007, 20:45   #15
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinoX
I'd say about 120 euros is about right for that... But that's just me ^_^;;
146 €, far too much for this 1230 card.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Amiga-1200-phase5...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 09 June 2007 at 03:07.
Old 08 June 2007, 23:43   #16
Seblington
Amiga Nutter

Send a message via AIM to Seblington
Quote:
Yes.. no one would pay that... *Raises guilty hand*
Quote:

I pay a lot for hardware if I REALLY want/need it... heh..

If you want something you will pay more than its worth and with the hardware being snapped up by dealers, this does push the prices up. Recently I purchased a tape recorder for £1250! ($2500 €1875), the recorder is mono and faulty, though being one of the earliest in the world I thought it was worth it.[/FONT]

A link
http://www.vintagerecorders.co.uk/VR_View_Page.asp?IDS=59

As for the seller, never had business though in all fairness, if you could buy something cheap and sell it at a profit, most people would, business would not be business if not, he does have a high + feedback but people do leave - as a last resort, to have 20 negs is not good

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?amix68k Nice site

If you want I have been dealing on Ebay for about 5 years and take the feedback system seriously, looking at the guys feedback, there are a lot of experienced people leaving negs which is unusual because people with high scores tent not to want to blemish their record, if the negs where from people with say +30 or below then I would say that its not worth worrying about but most of these people leaving negs have +70, most have 100+, also notice they are a mix between sellers and buyers, some items not paid for in time, some items shipped as damaged

If it was me, I would be very hesitant to deal with this guy, I would have to be shown pictures of the device working before paying and it would have to be something I really wanted, after all, the Amiga logic boards are not the hardest to fix.

Last edited by Seblington; 09 June 2007 at 00:12.
Old 09 June 2007, 03:45   #17
jimbo100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seblington
Great site, will use from now on!

Quote:

If you want I have been dealing on Ebay for about 5 years and take the feedback system seriously, looking at the guys feedback, there are a lot of experienced people leaving negs which is unusual because people with high scores tent not to want to blemish their record, if the negs where from people with say +30 or below then I would say that its not worth worrying about but most of these people leaving negs have +70, most have 100+, also notice they are a mix between sellers and buyers, some items not paid for in time, some items shipped as damaged

If it was me, I would be very hesitant to deal with this guy, I would have to be shown pictures of the device working before paying and it would have to be something I really wanted, after
Correct on all counts. It was an expensive lesson learnt I guess, may send them off to Amiga France to get a repair!

He is cuurently bidding on these Fastlane boards which have been described as DEFEKT!
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....2000&rd=1&rd=1

Whats the bet they end up being auctioned by him later as "untested"