English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

View Poll Results: What could be the signal for you to buy the new amiga ?
don't need a signal, i'll buy anyway. 7 9.21%
I don't want to buy by internet it must hit the shelves. 4 5.26%
A great launch Publicity. 2 2.63%
The os4.0 or better. 6 7.89%
The support of some game designers (team17,psygnosis,...). 17 22.37%
Before it must have firefox,openoffice and some kind of program 10 13.16%
Nothing. 30 39.47%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 May 2007, 13:52   #41
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
the only new amiga i'm willing to buy :

a replicate of a1200/6030 25Mhz/32mb fastram no bigger than a digital camera with a compactflash slot instead of IDE and a small bus where you could plug original I/O interfaces or newer PC compatibles ones (for mouse/pads/keyboard at least)...

it would have to be delivered with a preinstalled 4gb cf with classicwb and kgwhd packs with an included registered licence of whdload.

the whole produced in heavy serial mode and available on the shelves for less than 100USD.
I'd go for that. I'd probably shove 128mb of RAM and a 50Mhz 030 in there though
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 May 2007, 14:20   #42
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

I vote for an option "What new Amiga.. that's not a bloody Amiga at all"
Old 17 May 2007, 14:47   #43
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

the Signal for me to buy a new amiga...

well thats simple....

DFX buys out Amiga

thats the time i start saving!
Old 14 June 2007, 13:56   #44
eithelnim

Hmm...

I have an idea! Maybe we all should sign petition to - Sir Richard Branson, he like crazy new ideas. If we can prove that is many of us and that if he invest in Amiga he can use Amiga OS in his aeroplanes, trains and whatever
Never know guys

Ofcourse only if he would keep name Amiga. Amiga + Virgin - sounds good!

I do love this platform and never loose hope. I am crazy, ok, but can`t help it.
Old 14 June 2007, 14:00   #45
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi5150
and Mitchie
I am the reincarnation of Mitchie
Old 14 June 2007, 23:02   #46
mrbob2

MM im a big fan of the amiga but when i say amiga i mean the machine launched in the 90s. Theres more chance of Red dwarf series 9 being made than a new amiga. e.i. being able to walk into currys or pc worls and marveling at its power. All the new amiga will be if one is released is an OS running on pc hardware. Whats the point? its like sir clive sinclair being given 200 million to re release the spectrum. Its dead, give up. I clung on until 98 then woke up to reality.
Old 14 June 2007, 23:52   #47
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

Other than the fact it was launched in the '80s I think I completely agree with your post.
Old 18 June 2007, 19:04   #48
eithelnim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob2
...All the new amiga will be if one is released is an OS running on pc hardware. Whats the point? its like sir clive sinclair being given 200 million to re release the spectrum. Its dead, give up. I clung on until 98 then woke up to reality.
Even if so - I would go for it. If that OS (4.5, or whatever, heh) got drivers for newer gfx cards, like few latest ATI (that company seems more open for other systems..) and use even bloody intel procs. For me Amiga is not only fetish! It`s my favorite system...and it`s not totally dead and I am not going to give up dude heheh
But i do know what You mean.
Old 19 June 2007, 03:43   #49
Pyromania

Availability?
Old 19 June 2007, 07:45   #50
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by turrican3
Because i like the amiga and if there is a chance for the amiga to comeback i'll be there.
But i understand you, you want to say that the amiga spirit is dead with commodore in 1994.
But me i think that the amiga spirit is a part of the users and programmers who i'm sure sure of it will comeback if they can don't loose money.
Perhaps i'm crazy,i don't know, i hope that i'm not the last crazy man on earth.(hyperion are crazy too then)
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease let the others who want believe in the amiga comeback.
Shut the fuck up.
Old 02 July 2007, 10:00   #51
mrbob2

When the new amiga comes out il celebrate by going out the same day and watch the new Red Dwarf movie. Then come home and play putty squad on my amiga.
Old 05 July 2007, 02:50   #52
FoxInABox

Well, I miss my amiga, but I'm not sure I would buy one .. maybe if they came as a PCI card that would insert into a computer .. and presto! hold f2 at startup to lunch amiga mode .. but I guess that's just in my dreams ^^

Old 06 July 2007, 18:26   #53
BippyM
Global Moderator

That'd be good.. Amiga on a card running on a desktop with some frontend software..

Tho would it ever be as good as winuae (winuae emulates most amiga models)
Old 06 July 2007, 22:44   #54
Raid27
I have a joystick

Should Amiga resurface, should it have new super-features, should it be able to survive and thrive in the current market against Microsoft and others, it wont be the same Amiga as before.

The Amiga "feeling" wouldnt be there, for that feeling is an old one that was imprinted on us during the course of several years with the Amiga, shaped by the circumstances of our lives and the events all around us. We cant recreate the same old feeling with a new Amiga, only experience new ones with a New Amiga. Yes, perhaps some stuff will be very similar to the old stuff, but we cant recreate it to perfection. Its part of a different bygone era now.

I think this will be enough to make the "Victory" of a newly established Amiga-brand of computers extremely hollow and very dissappointing for anyone with the main aim of experiencing the "old feeling" again. I think that many of us wouldn't actually feel anything special with a new amiga other than few heavy sighs of nostalgia.
Old 07 July 2007, 01:02   #55
mrbob2

Its like a new spectrum computer being released but on mobile phones........ The amiga for me was a computer i used in the 90s (A500+) when i was young and enjoyed simple games etc. Anything new is just hardware with an amiga logo on. Not created by the origonal amiga team, not produced with pc beating components (A500 in its time) and it wont be cutting edge technology. ever. Microsoft has billions, sony have billions, nintendo have, erm, pokemon and mario. The amiga would just have a few hundred 30 somethings being nostalgic and saying "its not how it used to be"
Old 07 July 2007, 21:45   #56
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Those signals you posted in the poll are good but i think the most important is mssing.
The Availability of good new Amigas! I don't want to buy stuff which is already outdated and won't be ever supported in the future.
Old 08 July 2007, 11:56   #57
Raid27
I have a joystick

If a new Amiga was to meet or superseed the specs of the PC and MAC it would face HEAVY resistance from both. Remember, Bill Gates was active during the Amiga dominance of the 1980's and wont have forgotten it. Care to take a guess on what he'll do if an amiga is released with the power to compete with his MS-PC?
Old 08 July 2007, 12:09   #58
Dr. Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease stop this.

The Amiga is dead as a platform for anything other than hobbyists. Why can't the hobbyists just accept that and stop making silly fools of themselves!?!
No...never, as long there is a dream it has hope, al we need is a "smal" amount of cash
Old 08 July 2007, 12:35   #59
coze
hastala vista winny vista

Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
AInc going out of business and a serious company taking over could be the sign for me.
Old 08 July 2007, 22:00   #60
Thalion
Amiga Collector

@Raid27

I'm don't want a super Amiga. (Would definately like though) but i want the power you can get from actual PPC processort and some two or three year old model of that cpu. I don't think thats too much.
I doubt Microsoft would worry about a new Amiga. Their power is far too big to get panic when a "new" computer platform would be sold.
AdSense AdSense