English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 20 May 2007, 15:19   #21
shillard
Registered User
shillard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Newcastle / Australia
Posts: 143
$1,000 is yours if you can find a single example of me spitting the dummy - ever - anywhere.

Witness statement, google reference, forum post, you name it.

It's all down to you, hotshot. What do you do?

WHAT DO YOU DO??????????
shillard is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 20 May 2007, 15:20   #22
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by shillard
$1,000 is yours if you can find a single example of me spitting the dummy - ever - anywhere.

Witness statement, google reference, forum post, you name it.

It's all down to you, hotshot. What do you do?

WHAT DO YOU DO??????????
The truth getting frustrating is it.

Anyway, i thought you were going to bed just like i was going to leave the forum?.. now your back?..
blade002 is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 15:24   #23
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by shillard
If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck....


Bazza didn't hesitate to call people:

- Backstabbers
- Tick Turds
- Smart Arses
- Cowards
- Liars
- Cheats

Etc.

Pretty gay, if you ask me - what with all the rectal and scatalogical inferences.
And who were the instigators?

Honestly Shillard, i dont hate you man.. but fuck, do you need to give so many people a hard time ? ... As soon as you find something you dont agree with, you come out with smartarse references. WTF is that all about
blade002 is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 15:28   #24
shillard
Registered User
shillard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Newcastle / Australia
Posts: 143
Beats me, I only bought into this AFTER his rant.

And with this, from the dude who accuses me of being "pathetic, bitter and twisted", I'm off to bed....


********************************

Originally Posted by blade002

Respect the guy for his choices. Ok, so its also a choice to bad mouth someone, but thats not something you can respect.

***********************************

So self-respect (and self-awareness, it seems) presents something of a challenge, eh laddie?
shillard is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 15:30   #25
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by shillard
Beats me, I only bought into this AFTER his rant.

And with this, from the dude who accuses me of being "pathetic, bitter and twisted", I'm off to bed....


********************************

Originally Posted by blade002

Respect the guy for his choices. Ok, so its also a choice to bad mouth someone, but thats not something you can respect.

***********************************

So self-respect (and self-awareness, it seems) presents something of a challenge, eh laddie?
So you can call everyone else everything under the sun, but when it comes to getting some of your own, you cant take it ? .. Nothing you can throw me is a challenge old son.

There is just absolutely no need for your instigating attitude, plain and simple.
blade002 is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 15:31   #26
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,660
Come on shillard / blade002, please not again.

There's no need for personal insults everytime you two disagree on something. Everyone has different opinions at the end of the day. Can we please try to remain civil?
DamienD is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 15:34   #27
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Come on shillard / blade002, please not again.

There's no need for personal insults everytime you two disagree on something. Everyone has different opinions at the end of the day. Can we please try to remain civil?
Yeah sorry mate. I will end it here Congratulations too on becoming moderator
blade002 is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 15:34   #28
haps
Rumpig

haps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The bottom of the bottle
Age: 1
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
I will agree with Barry Walker on his comments. Some of the things that are written on this forum about him and other area's of the Amiga are very weak and pathetic. Im not trying to say i hate EAB, i like it alot, but there really isnt much of an Amiga Community left anymore.
Too right mate. Seems to me that there a quite a few people in the Amiga community that must be so dissatisfied with their own lives that they get some sort of cheap thrill out of either belittling people or slinging mud at anyone who's opinion they don't like. Yet again though, it seems Barry didn't think twice about stooping to the same level and throwing a few insults about.
haps is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 15:39   #29
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by haps
Too right mate. Seems to me that there a quite a few people in the Amiga community that must be so dissatisfied with their own lives that they get some sort of cheap thrill out of either belittling people or slinging mud at anyone who's opinion they don't like. Yet again though, it seems Barry didn't think twice about stooping to the same level and throwing a few insults about.
Thanks for your comment Haps. Its nice to see that someone shares at least some of my sentiment in regards to this issue, and although i will agree that Barry shouldnt have made some of the comments he made, at the same time he didnt exactly single people out in his comments and nothing was truly made personal. He was just stating a fact that is now very true in the Amiga Community.
blade002 is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 17:51   #30
Konrad
Registered User
Konrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Germany
Age: 36
Posts: 563
Oh please...
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
..., but there really isnt much of an Amiga Community left anymore.
Just because (insulting) comments from A FEW guys ? Don't be so touchy. The "retard" wasn't nice to say, that's correct. But taking this as argument that there's not much left of the amiga community ? How narrowminded is that ?!? No offense, really, but wake up guys ! Life goes on, even if you get criticised or insulted. I mean, I also wouldn't like to be insulted, but that doesn't mean I'd flip out as Barry did.

Last edited by Konrad; 20 May 2007 at 17:56.
Konrad is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 18:14   #31
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 31
Posts: 10,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad
Just because (insulting) comments from A FEW guys ? Don't be so touchy. The "retard" wasn't nice to say, that's correct. But taking this as argument that there's not much left of the amiga community ? How narrowminded is that ?!? No offense, really, but wake up guys ! Life goes on, even if you get criticised or insulted. I mean, I also wouldn't like to be insulted, but that doesn't mean I'd flip out as Barry did.
I agree with this, it's too easy to react in a knee-jerk way like that. This IS a community, if it isn't then what else do you call it?
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 18:15   #32
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad
Oh please...

Just because (insulting) comments from A FEW guys ? Don't be so touchy. The "retard" wasn't nice to say, that's correct. But taking this as argument that there's not much left of the amiga community ? How narrowminded is that ?!? No offense, really, but wake up guys ! Life goes on, even if you get criticised or insulted. I mean, I also wouldn't like to be insulted, but that doesn't mean I'd flip out as Barry did.
i agree completely, i would have used a less elegant sentence to say the same stuff, so,
thanks Konrad

also: oh you both sides of this fight! let's not make of an opinable matter a reason to throw shit on each other, life don't revolve around amiga (and even less around ST)
Marcuz is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 18:29   #33
haps
Rumpig

haps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The bottom of the bottle
Age: 1
Posts: 142
No sides taken here. In fact I couldn't give a rat's arse about any of it.

I just fail to see the need for insulting a bloke on a public forum because of what he writes in his blog, does it make one feel big?

If you've nothing nice to sayabout someone then say nothing at all.
haps is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 18:51   #34
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
sorry haps , i wasn't clear enough:

i'm not implicating that everybody is on one of the two banks of the river here. i'm just saying, that i'm kind of pissed reading the same insults AND silly things over the same debate, by, basically the same persons, since something over one whole year now...

moreover on a matter that's not important at all, just for the sake of show that one's better than the others.

i can see the little numbers of my, already low, IQ diving away on the floor and running like ants: i'm tired both of the bad attitude (i'm not touchy, i don't particulary give weight to idle words) for the sake of it, and by the sanctimonious calls for "no i'm good because i'm positive, so you are automatically bad!"

I come here to this board for some fun, bits of info and i would like to see it friendly: if someone prefers to play as let's see who's the wider ass, please go play in his own toilet...
Marcuz is offline  
Old 20 May 2007, 18:57   #35
haps
Rumpig

haps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The bottom of the bottle
Age: 1
Posts: 142
No probs marco pedrana, and no need for apologies.

I feel the same as you and that's what prompted my posts in this thread. I'm sick of reading some of the bullshit that passes through this forum. And as godfather to a retarded boy, I get extremely angry at some of the derogatory remarks I read about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
I come here to this board for some fun, bits of info and i would like to see it friendly: if someone prefers to play as let's see who's the wider ass, please go play in his own toilet...
Spot on mate!
haps is offline  
Old 21 May 2007, 01:55   #36
shillard
Registered User
shillard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Newcastle / Australia
Posts: 143
Credit where it's due - Bazza had the bottle to post my comment on his blog - unedited. Good on him.

Now can we bury both the flaming AND hysterical pocket-pissing that this thread has descended into?
shillard is offline  
Old 21 May 2007, 02:17   #37
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Hungry Horace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .
Age: 36
Posts: 2,478
ignoring the silliness within this thread for a mo...


i find it really difficult to read this guys "rants" - i can barely tell if he is actully pro or against amigas in the modern world, as he writes in a way which, once read back, seems to be what i would call "that of a mentalist"

i can read his rather purile attempts at insulting the "amiga community" as a whole, which in some resepects is almost like a form of racism. he has dismissed an entire group of people and branded them within a "bracket" for which they "obviously" all conform. Hardly says much for the guys intellectualism if he is so narrow-minded as to fail to distinguish between individuals.

lastly, who is this guy, and why should any of us care what he has to say anyway? ive certainly never heard of him, and regardless of his usage of an amiga, i'm not sure i want to know his opinions anyway, based on his writing that i have read.
Hungry Horace is offline  
Old 21 May 2007, 03:41   #38
blade002
Zone Friend
blade002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 43
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad
Oh please...

Just because (insulting) comments from A FEW guys ? Don't be so touchy. The "retard" wasn't nice to say, that's correct. But taking this as argument that there's not much left of the amiga community ? How narrowminded is that ?!? No offense, really, but wake up guys ! Life goes on, even if you get criticised or insulted. I mean, I also wouldn't like to be insulted, but that doesn't mean I'd flip out as Barry did.
Yes your completely correct in my reference to there being not much left of the Amiga community and i will admit my mistake, for that i am sorry, but i did mean that also in another way in terms of it getting smaller, and the last thing we need is someone breaking things down IMHO.

Yes people shouldnt flip out if they get insulted, but the people that do insult also need to be put into the line. If someone called you retard to your face, you would not tollerate it, but on here it seems very acceptable to keep doing what some on here keep doing. Its a bit like a child that walks into a Toy shop. the child will cry and whine that he wants this toy and that toy.. etc.. and if mum always gives in he will just keep being a little brat until one day grows up to be an even bigger one because no-one said "No you cant have that" !!.

Same thing applies here. You cant keep starting problems when you dont agree with someone and have nothing done about it, because then it just grows bigger.

Last edited by blade002; 21 May 2007 at 03:55.
blade002 is offline  
Old 21 May 2007, 17:22   #39
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 55
Posts: 2,355
And Now For Something Completely Different

I'm a specist, I hate all humans
jmmijo is offline  
Old 21 May 2007, 17:39   #40
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo
I'm a specist, I hate all humans

you silly silly man! how could you possibly hate them all? how could you not love them when a specist' true goal is to vivisect them?
Marcuz is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hardware Rant! BinoX support.Hardware 11 10 June 2007 18:15
Barry Leitch Galaxy Amiga websites reviews 3 11 May 2005 19:25
My Amiga Rant !!! synchro Amiga scene 25 22 November 2004 23:17
Small Rant... Radgam New to Emulation or Amiga scene 20 27 February 2003 00:47

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.25180 seconds with 11 queries