English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 August 2007, 21:46   #101
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Let's play another edition of 'Family Fortunes'

We asked 100 amiga users about the chance of Amiga hardware being developed by the current Amiga Inc. team.

So.... you say 'Yes, please'.. let's check that on the board

WRONG SUCKA!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 August 2007, 22:35   #102
exoticaga

Paul_s that answer says it all, just brilliant

I'm having to agree let the amiga die a natural death. It made its mark in history that no one can deny, and we were apart of it. Still are by using the amiga emulators on our pcs.

For all its software, which most is now freeware in the public domain. Are there groups looking to make the remaining softwares available into the freeware domain. More over for the amiga posterity, ensuring its classic status survival. For present amiga users, and all new and future amigans to come.

I know there are still softwares currently still actively maintained. It is their descrition whether they make there software. Freely availble, whilst still maintaining it. If were made to freely availble freeware, that also may give a bigger bug reporting input and user base. Justify its code been updated and advanced upon with newer features. As more users are then able to use these softwares. If they were to exspensive to be justifiable for use previously by a amigan. What of the other mia or softwares that the need owner consent, for release in the free amiga domain. Are these actively been sought to be made freely available for us today and forever.
Old 19 August 2007, 15:50   #103
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
This is the closest thing to an Amiga style PC I've seen. It has some great ideas that Amiga should have checked out, and it's go low power consumption which is something Amiga should aim for.

https://www.cybernetman.com/Default.cfm?DocID=9100

Shame Amiga Inc suck.
Old 19 August 2007, 16:42   #104
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32 View Post
This is the closest thing to an Amiga style PC I've seen. It has some great ideas that Amiga should have checked out, and it's go low power consumption which is something Amiga should aim for.

Shame Amiga Inc suck.
That's pretty slick! Loving that. hmmmm
Old 19 August 2007, 22:25   #105
exoticaga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32 View Post

Shame Amiga Inc suck.
Not that i personaly would want to own or use one, its to damn ugly even for today's pc market. I never liked the early computer all-in-one case design a500, a600 and a1200 etc. It was better in use vs other computers. Though it to was damn ugly even then and now, like other similar style computers. A laptop is better design so far, for pc portable, and they are not ugly.
Old 20 August 2007, 06:00   #106
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Rebel-CD32 / Paul s

I care not for the chassis... I WANT THAT MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!!
Old 20 August 2007, 06:33   #107
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Let's face it, what are the chances of this being released anyway?
There is a much better chance that Richard Nixon will be re-elected to the White House.
Old 20 August 2007, 11:52   #108
Paul_s
needs more ice cream

Hmmm I've been having dirty thoughts this morning;

Dead A500 case

Convert to following;

Mini ITX
2 x 2.5 disks
WinUAE
Laptop dvd-rw
Incorporate Das-Keyboard into top of case

Old 22 August 2007, 23:18   #109
swoslover

Quote:
Originally Posted by keropi View Post
just wait two more weeks and you'll see...
I'm intrigued?

Also for the record how much is $489 its only like 250 in real money, not like its that much, especially when you look at the cost of the sometimes very average amiga hardware available now.

Old 23 August 2007, 00:33   #110
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoslover View Post
I'm intrigued?
Don't be
Old 23 August 2007, 00:41   #111
swoslover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
Don't be
Even more so now...

Old 23 August 2007, 00:43   #112
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

Ooh I've confused you now

There's nothing to be intrigued about, it's not gonna happen. As far as I'm aware nothing's happened since it was announced, it's classic Amiga Inc.
Old 30 August 2007, 12:25   #113
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Send a message via MSN to P-J
I agree-- Just let the Amiga die and stop flogging a dead horse. The only reason these pathetic companies keep promising vapourware is because a small few sit around like trained seals applauding every press release. If people just ignored it it would go away.

You don't see people talking about the new Atari, Spectrum or Amstrad now, do you? No, because that would be ludicrous now, wouldn't it?

If you want to support small time business, buy a GP2X or something like that.
Old 30 August 2007, 12:28   #114
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoslover View Post
I'm intrigued?

Also for the record how much is $489 its only like 250 in real money, not like its that much, especially when you look at the cost of the sometimes very average amiga hardware available now.
It doesn't work like that. Apple stuff (spit!) for example sometimes comes over with a direct $ to comparison.

So something that is $489 in the US could come over for as much as 489. It happens with a lot of hardware.
Old 30 August 2007, 23:15   #115
PaulyQ

@P-J......

Correct... because the UK artificially inflates the prices by quoting that certain import taxes have to be paid for! BOLLOX!! The UK is ripe ground for hardware import/export as Joe Public just accept it and don't question prices......hence the phrase RIP OF BRITIAN !!

PS3's and 360's are being paid for as they are popular and if compared to their American prices... pay $400 in the US... pay 400 in the UK.
Old 01 September 2007, 02:26   #116
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyQ View Post
@P-J......

Correct... because the UK artificially inflates the prices by quoting that certain import taxes have to be paid for! BOLLOX!!
Not to mention the fact that US companies seem to do a lot of price fixing in the UK and getting away with it. Sucks!
Old 01 September 2007, 14:15   #117
Travis

Send a message via MSN to Travis
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulyQ
Correct... because the UK artificially inflates the prices by quoting that certain import taxes have to be paid for! BOLLOX!! The UK is ripe ground for hardware import/export as Joe Public just accept it and don't question prices......hence the phrase RIP OF BRITIAN !!
Wow...

It's a fairly simple equation. In America, they make things. Here, we import things, first into the EU (nice taxes) then into Britain (more nice taxes).

Even the stuff America does import is bought in such bulk the prices are inevitably lower than what we pay.

It has nothing to do with us laying back and accepting things, it's a fabulous concept called economics. If you would like to learn more, further reading is available at your local library.

Apologies to all for taking the subject off-topic, but when I notice a Daily Mail reader I just have to point and laugh
Old 04 September 2007, 15:35   #118
JonSick

For what its worth:

My old company used these freescale CPUs in their integrated systems we were building (scanners and mobile senders).

TBH, they were bloody quick for only a 400MHz rating. Plus the power consumption and heat dissipation was stupidly low.

We were worried our placement on our boards would cause a problem with heat. 40 test boards were up for 2 weeks being hammered and only one crashed through an error on the test script.

If this thing does have any threat of existing, these CPUs are pretty damn good!
Old 05 September 2007, 07:41   #119
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Wow...

It's a fairly simple equation. In America, they make things. Here, we import things, first into the EU (nice taxes) then into Britain (more nice taxes).

Even the stuff America does import is bought in such bulk the prices are inevitably lower than what we pay.

It has nothing to do with us laying back and accepting things, it's a fabulous concept called economics. If you would like to learn more, further reading is available at your local library.

Apologies to all for taking the subject off-topic, but when I notice a Daily Mail reader I just have to point and laugh
Hi evil English person, I am a New Yorker, and i see a lot of you bastards in my city. Then again, I see a lot of bastards from all over the world

Anyway, darling, I take it the Daily Mail is the garbage/lowbrow paper, much like the New York Post?
Old 05 September 2007, 11:09   #120
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck View Post
Anyway, darling, I take it the Daily Mail is the garbage/lowbrow paper, much like the New York Post?
Depends on your point of view I suppose. It's very right-wing.
AdSense AdSense