English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 07 March 2007, 13:28   #1
Zone Friend
Brilliant Turrican 2 Review

Jody Craig does it again, and offers us another amazing Amiga game review, but this time its Turrican 2.

Ive watched this video over and over, because its just done so well, and every bit that he says is so damn true.
[ Show youtube player ]
AdSense AdSense  
Old 07 March 2007, 18:56   #2
Zone Friend
I think it's fair to say that the ship sections are rather fab.Music and atmosphere throughout are superb and it even has a little exploration.There's nothing to complain about in Turrican2 but it isn't an amazing game just an amazing experience.It all comes together so well that it makes playing a joy.Play mechanics are fairly basic compared to something like Contra or Cybernator but because everything comes together so well , it really doesn't matter.

I have to be honest in saying that i'm not convinced Factor 5 really understands great gameplay and i think Turrican 2 was just lucky in that it did come together.I still love this game to death and have probably played it more than any other Amiga game but time and time again it's because i like the Turican2 game world - nothing to do with gameplay.It's wrapped up in such lovely sound and is convincing an adventure that makes it compelling to play.What gameplay there is however is done perfectly well , you just wouldn't want every game to be like if it were a stand alone.As a whole it's great though.

Take out the music and i reckon you'd have a less awesome experience.

Last edited by Adropac2; 07 March 2007 at 19:33.
AdSense AdSense