|03 March 2007, 15:28||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2006
WinUAE 1.4.0 released!
WinUAE 1.4.0 (03.03.2007)
- CDTV emulation, including CD controller, internal SRAM and 64KB SRAM
expansion memory card support.
- More compatible SPTI CD32/CDTV CD support.
- Advanced Chipset configuration. Miscellaneous model specific
hardware configuration entries like real time clock chip type, CIA-A
TOD clock source, RAMSEY, FAT GARY register emulation..
- Rewritten harddisk configuration system. No more lost hardfile or
virtual directory configuration entries if path was missing..
- A3000/A4000 motherboard RAM bank support.
- Added Arcadia bios rom type selection.
- New Windows Vista -style application icon added
- Small CIA and custom chip emulation updates.
- FPU emulation floating point to integer conversion fixed
(proper clamping instead of truncating)
- uaeserial.device compatibility improved
- New serial port detection didn't detect all types of serial ports
- Random sound errors after adjusting sound GUI setting on the fly
- Directory filesystem memory leaks fixed and compatibility improved
- It was not possible to disable keyboard layout C after enabling it.
- Sound panel settings were not always enabled correctly.
- -datapath command line parameter didn't work.
- Disk image drag and drop didn't work.
- Quickstart panel disk swapping is properly delayed again.
- Some Picasso96 display modes were not available.
- bsdsocket freeze fix (Aminetradio)
- Windows driver Catweasel support works again.
- "Faster RTG"-mode lockups fixed.
- External drive sound selection GUI didn't work if fdrawcmd.sys
was not installed.
|04 March 2007, 00:45||#4|
Join Date: Nov 2003
Haven't updated my WinUAE since 1.2, ran 1.4 just now and everything runs much snappier. Stuff loads extremely fast compared to before. Great going, keep it up.
|04 March 2007, 14:15||#10|
In deep Trouble
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Manchester, Made in Norway
*Sends £1.000.000 Virtual Sterling to Toni*
I'm sure the Amiga community (what's left of it) wants a picture of Toni above their beds so they can prey to the God he should be
|06 March 2007, 20:20||#13|
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: I'm behind you!
How does Toni find the energy to keep developing this? I don't know but I'm glad he does!
Thanks once again Toni for putting your free time into preserving the Amiga experience.
|09 March 2007, 03:09||#16|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wakefield, UK
Fantastic work! Those save states (I know they are not new in 1.4.0 but still...) are saving my life while level mapping.
This gets better and better.
|09 March 2007, 16:09||#18|
Amiga 1000 
Join Date: May 2005
Great update that comes with many compatibility improvements. I was just stuck in a problem emulating Oceans "Operation Thunderbolt" and the WinUAE update saved my day. Works like a charm!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|WinUAE 2.5.0 released||Toni Wilen||News||30||08 December 2012 18:48|
|WinUAE 1.4.3 Released!||Avanze||News||14||10 August 2007 08:42|
|WinUAE 1.3.4 released||Paul||News||11||02 January 2007 04:09|
|WinUAE 1.3.2 Released||Avanze||News||10||05 September 2006 21:08|
|New WinUAE Help released||Paul||News||3||02 January 2005 21:56|