English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 08 February 2007, 09:59   #1
mrodfr

old problem with miamidx on my amiga classic

Hello,

I have a verry long problem with my amiga classic when I try to connect my amiga with miamidx.

I'm using a mediator with a PCI fastethernet card, connected to a modem/router bewan ADSL600 with a slow ADSL 512k connection. PPPOE is used on the modem/router bewan, there is just an ethernet setting and a connection settings on miamiDX.

I'm using miamiDX with:

- IP, mask, gateway in DHCP.
- hardware ether on pri 10.
- gateway with pri 10.
- ask server a dynamic host name: verify&add.
- give a dynamic host name, pri 0.

on database, I have added the DNS, if I must use internet in static mode, just in case. I could use static mode in one second by just move settings for IP, mask, gateway to STATIC.

The problem:

The first time I connect miamiDX to internet, there is no the 2 dns added on database. I can't receive something. I launch Ibrowse and try to access an internet page, not work. stop ibrowse. disconnct miamidx and reconenect and this time the 2 DHCP DNS is well on database !!!!!! (and thats kill me :-(

at this point, all work well (surfing or mail) untill I switch off my amiga.

I don't know where is the problem (settings on modem, setings on miamiDX or bugs, things I don't know). if you have some idea, please help me.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 08 February 2007, 10:15   #2
lopos2000
Zone Friend

I had a similar problem with MiamiDX, I solved it by going into the Database and under the DNS servers settings put in
- IP address: DNS of your provider
- and in Interfaces 'ON'
that worked for me
Hope that helps
Old 08 February 2007, 11:01   #3
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopos2000
- IP address: DNS of your provider
- and in Interfaces 'ON'
that worked for me
Hope that helps
IP adress: DNS of your provider: you add the DNS of the provider like using in static mode ???? in static mode, miamidx work allways the first time and I have no problem with static mode untill my provider change his DNS one time recently (need to use dynamic to recover new DNS).

Interface ON: what mean exactly ????

no problem in static here but work the second time on dynamic mode with MiamiDX (the main question).
Old 08 February 2007, 11:38   #4
lopos2000
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodfr
IP adress: DNS of your provider: you add the DNS of the provider like using in static mode ????
No, the DNS is a different IP address giving to you by the provider.
Old 08 February 2007, 12:33   #5
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Can the router not handle the dns ? ie: set dns to the router IP so any change in actual dns ip will be handled by the router itself.
Old 08 February 2007, 14:19   #6
mrodfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
Can the router not handle the dns ? ie: set dns to the router IP so any change in actual dns ip will be handled by the router itself.
I have actually no DNS on the modem/router settings but I could add one primary and another secondary DNS on the router settings. dhcp server is running on the modem/router. my FAI have 8 DNS. do you suggest to add 2 of them on the modem/router settings ????

that look like for me making my modem/router static with 2 dns than making my miamidx static by using the 5 dns router of my Provider ???

explaining the problem by another method. dynamic mode here and first connection, I have (database/dns):

192.168.1.1 :my modem/router.
194.98.0.1 : ????

launch ibrowse and click on a site.

I have some blue square on the connect channel and the site start, with sometime blue square but generally, surfing is slower because blue square sometime 'when choosing each new site).

deconnect miamidx and connect again.

this time, I have 2 good DNS from my FAI.

now, all site work immediately and without blue square for channel. next time I use my amiga, the same things :-(

maybe this new explanation give you new idea about the problem.
Old 24 February 2007, 13:52   #7
mrodfr

hello,

I have also made this same thread on amigaworld. some peoples convinced me that when using a modem/router (whao made pppoe and dhcp), the miamidx side must be on static mode only.

now, I use:

-all in static mode.
-tcpip settings/give the gateway a dynamic DNS: ignore
-database/dns (the 16dns provided by my FAI).
-I have added the adress on my modem/router but don't know if usefull.

the result.

the connection is better. there is no some seconds wait with ibrowse blus square on channels before dowbloading the page. the blue square for ibrowse channel are allways here but diseapeared immediately.

the modem/router found immediately 2 of the 16 dns entered in static mode on database/dns and the connection work the first time (and no need to switch off and on one time).
Old 24 February 2007, 14:40   #8
AMIGAZ
Amiga-Mad

Send a message via ICQ to AMIGAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrodfr
hello,

I have also made this same thread on amigaworld. some peoples convinced me that when using a modem/router (whao made pppoe and dhcp), the miamidx side must be on static mode only.

now, I use:

-all in static mode.
-tcpip settings/give the gateway a dynamic DNS: ignore
-database/dns (the 16dns provided by my FAI).
-I have added the adress on my modem/router but don't know if usefull.

the result.

the connection is better. there is no some seconds wait with ibrowse blus square on channels before dowbloading the page. the blue square for ibrowse channel are allways here but diseapeared immediately.

the modem/router found immediately 2 of the 16 dns entered in static mode on database/dns and the connection work the first time (and no need to switch off and on one time).
If you wanna use Genesis instead I can help you out with that.
I'm using it with my router with no problemos
AdSense AdSense