English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03 April 2007, 22:33   #61
_Steve_
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 44
No matter what I have tried, I cannot get this game to run. If I try P-J's suggestions along with Bloodwych's options, I get nowhere (clicking the "msdos" pif just opens and closes the dosprompt, and running it from the dospromt just gives "Program too large to fit in memory".

So I downloaded DOSBox 0.70 and tried running it with that....only to have that fail as well. (It gets to the MF screen logo, then that fades away, and I'm left with a black screen permanently). The game isn't listed on DOSBoxs' compatibility and some of the front ends you can get list it as "Not Working" (I have both D.O.G and D-Fend2).

I have had DOSBox working fine for other games in the past (Jimmy White, James Pond 2 Robocod, Pinball Fantasies - although the Amiga versions are better, and Turrican 2), back when I first downloaded v0.61.
_Steve_ is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 04 April 2007, 00:30   #62
mtb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Italy
Age: 34
Posts: 442
Quote:
So I downloaded DOSBox 0.70 and tried running it with that....only to have that fail as well. (It gets to the MF screen logo, then that fades away, and I'm left with a black screen permanently). The game isn't listed on DOSBoxs' compatibility and some of the front ends you can get list it as "Not Working" (I have both D.O.G and D-Fend2).
Iirc i played it with dosbox 0.65 and it worked.
mtb is offline  
Old 04 April 2007, 23:19   #63
frikilokooo
Registered User
frikilokooo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mallorca,Spain.
Age: 38
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Steve_
No matter what I have tried, I cannot get this game to run. If I try P-J's suggestions along with Bloodwych's options, I get nowhere (clicking the "msdos" pif just opens and closes the dosprompt, and running it from the dospromt just gives "Program too large to fit in memory".

So I downloaded DOSBox 0.70 and tried running it with that....only to have that fail as well. (It gets to the MF screen logo, then that fades away, and I'm left with a black screen permanently). The game isn't listed on DOSBoxs' compatibility and some of the front ends you can get list it as "Not Working" (I have both D.O.G and D-Fend2).

I have had DOSBox working fine for other games in the past (Jimmy White, James Pond 2 Robocod, Pinball Fantasies - although the Amiga versions are better, and Turrican 2), back when I first downloaded v0.61.
It happens to me exactly the same
frikilokooo is offline  
Old 06 April 2007, 17:00   #64
qwak
Game Developer
qwak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 78
Send a message via MSN to qwak
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
...most definitely, I wish some talented Amiga programmer could make a port out of this

Probably not that easy though
A port of what?
qwak is offline  
Old 06 April 2007, 17:03   #65
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic4z
A port of what?
Super Cars International (which is only available for DOS)
DamienD is offline  
Old 02 November 2007, 21:40   #66
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 390
Thumbs up

Any chance of uploading this little gem into the Zone again? or sending it in to the underdogs for a bit of permanent hosting.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old 02 November 2007, 21:48   #67
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 37
Posts: 17,814
in the Zone
s2325 is offline  
Old 02 November 2007, 21:49   #68
DamienD
Global Moderator

DamienD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London / Sydney
Age: 41
Posts: 9,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Any chance of uploading this little gem into the Zone again? or sending it in to the underdogs for a bit of permanent hosting.
It's still available at Home of the Underdogs, it's just named incorrectly as Supercars; http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=5010

Anyway, in The Zone! for you
DamienD is offline  
Old 02 November 2007, 21:50   #69
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator
Graham Humphrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, UK
Age: 31
Posts: 10,974
That was a close one, but s2325 just beat you to it Damien
Graham Humphrey is offline  
Old 02 November 2007, 21:58   #70
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 390
Thanks guys I will download both just to show my appreciation.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old 17 February 2008, 21:53   #71
mankak
 
Posts: n/a
hi! I'm newbie.How can i download the game?Can anyone email it to me?

Last edited by mankak; 17 February 2008 at 22:07.
 
Old 17 February 2008, 22:09   #72
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 37
Posts: 17,814
http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item
s2325 is offline  
Old 17 February 2008, 22:53   #73
mankak
 
Posts: n/a
thanks! i'm fun of all super cars!Super cars 2 is the best!!!
 
Old 21 November 2008, 17:30   #74
googleapple
 
Posts: n/a
can someone please put it up in the zona for me? havent played this game since i used to own an amiga when i was about 7. thanks
 
Old 21 November 2008, 18:42   #75
OddbOd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Australia
Age: 40
Posts: 663
You realise this is not an Amiga game right? Anyway there's no need to Zone it because it's on the web along with how to get it running on a modern PC http://lastninja.net/~naveen/supercars.html
OddbOd is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
International Tennis Uploaded to the Zone (Please Test and Provide Feedback) Abaddon project.WHDLoad 2 18 January 2012 02:15
SuperCars 2 Eclipse MarketPlace 2 28 December 2005 00:47
Supercars jettaman MarketPlace 5 02 December 2005 15:08
Supercars 3 : A Supercars 2 ripoff written in Java jotd Nostalgia & memories 12 21 September 2005 23:18
Supercars 2 Magix Games images which need to be WHDified 25 30 August 2005 14:34

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.31062 seconds with 12 queries