English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 December 2001, 20:29   #1
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Send a message via MSN to P-J
Conversions of popular retro-titles.

Hello everyone

For a while now, I've been wanting to do a PC conversion of some of the great classics out there, but don't have the energy to code it and deal with graphics at the same time.

My question is, are there any budding artists, or GFX rippers out there who would be willing to work on such a project with me as a coder?

Here are my ideas for a conversion :

1) Make a carbon copy of an old classic
2) Give a game the hi-color treatment it always deserved
3) Make a sequel for a game that always deserved one.

Option 3 is my favourite - To make the sequel that a game always deserved, but never actually got.

I know there's a lot of classic gamers on this board, and I'm sure you all have at least one game that you'd love to see a sequel to.

If there's anyone out there interested in taking on this project with me, contact me by PM or by E-Mail (webmaster@agnus.org.uk).

I hope someone gets in touch
AdSense AdSense  
Old 08 December 2001, 20:36   #2
RetroMan

Well, it seems that you got a special game in mind to get ported perhaps Anyway, since I“m fairly good in gfx but bad in coding, I would like to do such thing with you, just tell me what game you wish to have the gfx from !! contact me !!!! NOW !!!
Old 08 December 2001, 21:38   #3
Kodoichi
Banned

Location: I'm the smiling face on your TV, I exploit you still you love me
I thought about what it would be to do an IK+ remake for PC. Multiplayer/net support, more than 3 players at the same time, choice of more than 1 fighter (also girls), of course still no special effects like fireballs.

There's an arcade game called The Karate Tournament, I thought the remake could be in that style, with the above mentioned enhancements.
Old 08 December 2001, 21:56   #4
RetroMan

Wouldn“t you then get a stripped down version of Tekken out of that
Old 08 December 2001, 21:57   #5
oldpx

http://www.atalier.com/games/game1.htm

it's not much but worth a look

he has got some more interesting stuff
http://www.atalier.com

Old 08 December 2001, 22:04   #6
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Hooooo Kick Off

Thats exactly whats been done with Kick Off 2002, keeping the same feel ( playability wise ) but updated the graphics and options..... lookout for it in January
Old 08 December 2001, 22:06   #7
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Send a message via MSN to P-J
Hmmm...

That Exploding Fist game is very half-assed :/
Old 09 December 2001, 04:12   #8
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

How about Toobin' II done first-person style. I've never seen a FPT before (first person toober).
Old 09 December 2001, 06:45   #9
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Smile

An old game I'd love to see re-done for the 'noughties would have to be Friday the 13th,(which was on the C64).

A first-person perspective, the atmospheric FX, running around & trying to find & kill Jason in a night/day enviroment would be great!!
Old 09 December 2001, 08:58   #10
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Ever see the film Brainscan ? Check out the video game in that thriller...a real time simulation is which you are a serial killer who mangles and dismembers the victims. Is it a game or is it real?

Grossly underrated teen thriller that was only let down by the inclusion of Trickster, the goofy (failed) horror character that the producers probably hoped would be the next big horror character license (think of a mix of Freddy Kruger, Chucky, and Pinhead)
Old 09 December 2001, 15:44   #11
MethodGit

That sounds eerily similar to the plot to the Channel 4 TV movie Killer Net, except that there's no real horror character involved and it involves simply murdering (no dismembering) people online. So maybe I'm wrong anyhow about the similarites?

The movie was given such a critical, almost-nationwide slating though, that there's a great page which highlights the bad and cringeworthy stuff and makes mockeries of the flick and produces several shout-at-the-screen moments, MST3K-stylee. Click here to see this joyful experience.
Old 11 December 2001, 06:53   #12
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

There's one game I've been playing on PC for something like 7 years (When I first saw it, I wanted to have a PC just because of it, then I discovered it was also published for Amiga)..the game is 4D Sports Driving (Or Stunts for US people)

I don't know why no one never pushed that concept a little further. Stunts cries for better AI, multiplayer capabilities, less strict tracks (like being able to make tracks taller than "2 floors") , more than 2 cars in the track and an option to make the car a little more resistent.

Even with this oh-so "strict tracks" , I am still able to do some nice bizarre stuff, there's anyone here who plays this gem and would be interested in seeing my tracks?

I think there should be a thread about games that should be remade, maybe a mod could split this thread...
AdSense AdSense