No 86 59.31%
I would consider it if there was a Lite version 10 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30 October 2006, 12:14   #201
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbot
I believe the people who bemoan Cloanto for making money off of this software are the same ones who refused to upgrade from their A500 to an A3000 because "It looks like a pc" or refused to buy an A1200 because "It's so expensive" This cheapness helped bury Commodore and all the software houses who had their games pirated a day after release. You tightwads killed the Amiga community so don't try to lay blame on everyone else.
I just downloaded 6.0 off newsgroups, tried it on WinUAe and can honestly say, it sucks balls. Tossed it.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 30 October 2006, 15:22   #202
EmuChicken

Quote:
I believe the people who bemoan Cloanto for making money off of this software are the same ones who refused to upgrade from their A500 to an A3000 because "It looks like a pc" or refused to buy an A1200 because "It's so expensive" This cheapness helped bury Commodore and all the software houses who had their games pirated a day after release. You tightwads killed the Amiga community so don't try to lay blame on everyone else.
... ermn, no... I didnt upgrade to an A3000 or an A1200 because I was completely content with my 2mb A500+ which ran all the games and did everything I needed. The only thing that the A1200 did extra was have AGA and extra expansion ports. Oh, and I was also a poor secondary school kid- up until 98 I lived and loved (I still love) my 500+

edit: The reason why I moan about cloanto is that theyre a company trying to get cash with little (if any) work
Old 30 October 2006, 15:25   #203
Marcuz
Wurk???

i do not bemoan Cloanto, and i don't like Cased Amigas... :P
Old 30 October 2006, 22:45   #204
fisken uno
Commodore's biatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
I just downloaded 6.0 off newsgroups, tried it on WinUAe and can honestly say, it sucks balls. Tossed it.
Don't fix it if it ain't broke *waves ClassicWB flag*
Old 31 October 2006, 02:18   #205
Ultron
Something

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
A recent study of prostitutes well learned in the craft of sucking balls showed that even that is preferable to using Amiga Forever.
Old 31 October 2006, 13:20   #206
JonSick

In all honesty, Cloanto bought the Amiga brand. Anything they have done with it has been minimal. They have to make some money back off of their investment, this is called business!

Would you buy something for a few million to just sit there and do not very much - better still give it away free? No, course not.

But that said, even if they sold a billion copies of AF, I doubt they would ever do anything constructive with the technology.
Old 02 November 2006, 21:44   #207
Graham Humphrey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunbot
So not Commodore or Escom then?

Piracy did not kill the Amiga. Every machine in history has suffered from piracy - certainly the PC hasn't suffered from it. 8-bit machines like the Spectrum and C64 had huge amounts of piracy but were still incredibly popular and loads of companies still supported them.
Old 03 November 2006, 20:25   #208
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey
Every machine in history has suffered from piracy - certainly the PC hasn't suffered from it.
PC games make ~10x less money than console games because of increased piracy. How can you say that the PC hasn't suffered from piracy? Because of piracy, console games, which are traditionally harder to pirate, overtook computer games that were more popular in the 80s and early 90s.
Old 04 November 2006, 07:14   #209
EmuChicken

EVERY game I bought for my snes was used before hand. - the games were far too expensive new!

I bought shedloads of new games for my amiga, - the boxes were troublesome to store though. . . But that aside I also copied a few games for the amiga. - I just wish I bought the good games!

Another thing to note- I bought all my games new for the amstrad cpc- and there were a LOT, maybe around 300.... jeezus! 3-5 quid a game- bargain!

So if you work it out, I paid more cash into the Amiga or CPC than the console market by far!
Old 04 November 2006, 20:25   #210
Evore
SuperDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by adolescent
PC games make ~10x less money than console games because of increased piracy. How can you say that the PC hasn't suffered from piracy? Because of piracy, console games, which are traditionally harder to pirate, overtook computer games that were more popular in the 80s and early 90s.
Dude, console is made only for one thing: playing games. With PC you can use linux and freeware / shareware games, that means i you're a politically correct geek you never have to pirate any games, and still can play and work with your PC. Just remember to delete any games that exeed the evaluation period and d/l new games with new periods of evaluation time...

There's no point to buy a console if you can't afford to buy the games.

A hard-core d/l freak once told me he never buys any games because he wants to support the cracker groups... , but I think buying games is better than pirating.
Old 05 November 2006, 00:00   #211
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Reason PC games suffer in sales is compatibility, not piracy.

Just last of couple games I bought I will not be able to play untill I upgrade my PC. (It's Athlon XP 2800 with Asus NVidia 64MB card) Most games don't even start, or they have huge perofrmance issues.

Consoles don't have this kind of problems...
Old 05 November 2006, 09:52   #212
adolescent