English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

View Poll Results: westwoodtoll.library, a registration?
A billion Dollars is not enought for this great project 3 6.00%
I would agree for a registration with payment of 20 $ U.S.Dollar 8 16.00%
I would agree for a registration with payment of less than 20 $ U.S.Dollar 25 50.00%
No registration, you are a robber and miserly !!!! 7 14.00%
Without opinion 7 14.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 12 September 2006, 19:03   #21
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Age: 46
Posts: 1,064
I could afford $10 here.
adolescent is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 12 September 2006, 19:17   #22
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 44
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
technically it would be like the various custom workbenchs, which are free. (the last time i checked them). it's better that a law man answers as i have not the knowledge to. what i can say is that to me it would bug me pretty much the same:
l
i'am law man/lawyer , so you understand that all my times contributon at this project makes to me lost money !!!! (generaly time is money for a lawyer
so i am a foul lawyer )

but it's interesting to have your opinion. in fact, there are 2 laws to see my own law about author's rights and international laws about it.

I know french law but must do investigations for international laws...

If you are interesting, i can done the reserch and to give you (with my bad english) more explain, after some days, about it....

The unknown part, it 's who has got french & international rights for EOB games...
CFOU! is offline  
Old 12 September 2006, 20:36   #23
gunatm
Junior Member
gunatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamburg (Germany)
Age: 43
Posts: 80
Send a message via ICQ to gunatm Send a message via AIM to gunatm Send a message via MSN to gunatm
I liked the games and see no need for a aga conversion. If there would be the possibilty to play other games this would be interesting. Right now eob1 and 2 look fine for me. Sorry!
gunatm is offline  
Old 12 September 2006, 20:47   #24
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU!
i'am law man/lawyer , so you understand that all my times contributon at this project makes to me lost money !!!! (generaly time is money for a lawyer
so i am a foul lawyer )

but it's interesting to have your opinion. in fact, there are 2 laws to see my own law about author's rights and international laws about it.

I know french law but must do investigations for international laws...

If you are interesting, i can done the reserch and to give you (with my bad english) more explain, after some days, about it....

The unknown part, it 's who has got french & international rights for EOB games...

from the end of your post: the last time i saw EoB PC version published, it was by Interplay for TSR. o think that means, to some extent, Wizard of The Coast, but, commercial rights are something almost volatile as the flu.

you are a lawyer AND a coder? ok i am amazed now

lastly as i said, the solution you propose is very good to me. i was against the other possibilities and discussing them.
about the 20 $ , that's the same amount for Whdload. i would say that from 10 to 15 would be more equilibrate if you want more people to get it, i would pay the 20 tough for a tool that i've waited for so much time. my only con about it as i said it that is only a part of what is needed for a complete editor suite.
Marcuz is offline  
Old 12 September 2006, 20:50   #25
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunatm
I liked the games and see no need for a aga conversion. If there would be the possibilty to play other games this would be interesting. Right now eob1 and 2 look fine for me. Sorry!
well actually me too i prefer the 16 colours than the vga version, but that's taste don't fear tough, if the tools to break up and hammer the games will be made avalable (and westwoodtool is one of these) the "new" games will happen.
that's one of the reasons, the main one, for the project AGF to be.
Marcuz is offline  
Old 12 September 2006, 20:58   #26
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 44
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunatm
I liked the games and see no need for a aga conversion. If there would be the possibilty to play other games this would be interesting. Right now eob1 and 2 look fine for me. Sorry!
Have you really tested aga version In TheZone! ???

(others guys thinks as you too)

before i thought as you but now i have finished EOb1 AGA conversion a bit, i can't play again at ECS version

Last edited by CFOU!; 12 September 2006 at 21:08.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 12 September 2006, 21:06   #27
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU!
you have not tested full aga version of EOB1 aga in TheZone! it's more pretty Have you really test it???

before i thught as you but now i have finished EOb1 AGA conversion an play a bit, i can't play again at ECS version
for me the way at westwood did the shading, wasn't so cool, that's one of the reasons i want to edit it so badly
however there's lot of people who wanted to play the AGA version and who haven't played EoB at all and this new conversion will make them try, so it's great!
Marcuz is offline  
Old 12 September 2006, 21:16   #28
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 44
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
from the end of your post: the last time i saw EoB PC version published, it was by Interplay for TSR. o think that means, to some extent, Wizard of The Coast, but, commercial rights are something almost volatile as the flu.

you are a lawyer AND a coder? ok i am amazed now

lastly as i said, the solution you propose is very good to me. i was against the other possibilities and discussing them.
about the 20 $ , that's the same amount for Whdload. i would say that from 10 to 15 would be more equilibrate if you want more people to get it, i would pay the 20 tough for a tool that i've waited for so much time. my only con about it as i said it that is only a part of what is needed for a complete editor suite.
indeed, is difficuly to have a good answer about commercial right but the better way is perhaps ask directly to EA LOS ANGELES (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EA_Los_Angeles) which seems to have buy and liquided westwood studios...

ps:
yes, i am lawyer (official) & coder (by passion) it'w a curious mix !!!
CFOU! is offline  
Old 12 September 2006, 21:56   #29
gunatm
Junior Member
gunatm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Hamburg (Germany)
Age: 43
Posts: 80
Send a message via ICQ to gunatm Send a message via AIM to gunatm Send a message via MSN to gunatm
I´ll give it a try!
gunatm is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 00:39   #30
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Galahad/FLT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: United Kingdom
Age: 44
Posts: 6,603
I think the best way to secure funds, is to tell people what are the likely games that you will be able to update to AGA, this would sway people I think.
Galahad/FLT is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 00:53   #31
killergorilla
Lesser Talent
killergorilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: UK
Age: 36
Posts: 7,924
I agree with Galahad on this, maybe give people some info on what you are likely to offer?

I think what you've done so far is great and it's good to see some active classic amiga projects.

I personally wouldn't pay as I don't really play these type of games, but that's nothing to do with the quality of your work

Keep up the work, and I hope people do support this project.
killergorilla is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 09:52   #32
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 44
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT
I think the best way to secure funds, is to tell people what are the likely games that you will be able to update to AGA, this would sway people I think.
you are right, but i am not really interested by money, if not i never make all my work (whdload's patches) without financial contributions. I work because i like it !!, So for Aga conversion i will only convert games i like...

for me it's in reality a poll to see if my project can interesting another peoples!!!!


ps: I hope upload this w-e first EOB2 aga beta version
CFOU! is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 10:42   #33
keropi
.
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ioannina/Greece
Posts: 5,038
eob2? aga? this weekend?

keropi is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 13:24   #34
freddix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: france, bdr
Age: 42
Posts: 82
Send a message via MSN to freddix
CFOU: do you think it's technically possible to create an enhanced graphic version of EOB1 & EOB2 ?
freddix is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 13:37   #35
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 41
Posts: 5,185
do you mean like this?
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=24312
Marcuz is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 14:46   #36
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 44
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddix
CFOU: do you think it's technically possible to create an enhanced graphic version of EOB1 & EOB2 ?
of course ...

with UNcps-AGA you can unpack/pack CPS files

here the process for gfx update:
1)Save your 320-200*8 picture in RAW format in PPaint (named by example 'MyPicture.RAW')
2) convert raw chunky data in planar typing:
UNCPS-AGA P2C
(and select 'MyPicture.RAW', 'MyPicture.Chunky' file is save)
3) compact you CHUNKY datas using CPS format typing:
UNCPS-AGA P
(And select 'MyPicture.chunky', 'MyPicture.CPS' file is save)
4) replace you new CPS file by old
but WARNING!! don't use color 224 to 239 which are reserved for sprite items (when you take an item), this color are purple in EOB1 main game palette

MORE over after EOB2 AGA conversion I will start an AUTOMAP update for EOB1&2

Last edited by CFOU!; 13 September 2006 at 15:10.
CFOU! is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 16:55   #37
pbareges
Registered User
pbareges's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: montreal / canada
Age: 41
Posts: 722
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU!
yes, i am lawyer (official) & coder (by passion) it'w a curious mix !!!
putain bertrand c'est pas possible!! comment un avocat peut être capable de coder...ca me depasse completement!! si tu es capable de coder, donc de refléchir un peu...comment as-tu pu choisir de faire du droit ? il faut être complètement marteau, certainement zinzin et foncièrement sado!!

j'imagine que tu as eu un amiga etant jeune a la fin des annees 80..je ne comprends pas comment...c'est vraiment insupportable comme idée!

a moins que....ta seule rédemption serait d'avoir choisi la voie la plus approprié pour faire un max de cash sans trop se casser la tête pour pouvoir t'adonner librement a ta vraie passion....est-ce la solution à ce casse tête ?

quand même comment as-tu pu te farcir ces fous d'étudiants de droit pendant 4 ans ? pas trop dur de cotoyer des bourgeois obsédés par le golf, leurs vacances au ski et à la mer, leur maison de campagne ? de participer à des soirées de débauche pestilentielles où les futures femmes maman de ces messieurs sont assimilées à des putains ?...bon j'arrête parceque je dérape....

sinon tu t'es quand même bien racheté!! ton job est tout simplement incroyable....merci beaucoup!

---a hacking message from FRAB (the french resistance amiga board)----
pbareges is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 17:10   #38
Paul
RIP Friends
Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 2,157
Let try google translate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges via translate.google
whore Bertrand it is not possible!! how a lawyer can be able to code… Ca exceeds me completely!! if you are able to code, therefore to reflect a peu...com could you lie choose to make right? it is necessary to be completely hammer, certainly zinzin and fundamentally sadomasochistic!! I imagine that you had Amiga being young at the end of the Eighties. .je do not include/understand how… it is really unbearable like idea!

unless….your only redemption would be to have chosen the way more adapted to make a max of cash without too much breaking the head to be able to devote itself freely has your true passion….is this the solution with this break-in head? nevertheless how could you stuff you these insane with students of right during 4 years? not too hard of cotoyer of the middle-class men obsessed by the golf, their holidays with the ski and the sea, their country house? to take part in pestilential evenings of vice where the future women mom of these Sirs are comparable with whores? … good I stop because I skid….

if not you nevertheless repurchased yourself well!! your job is quite simply incredible….thank you very much!

---a hacking message from FRAB (the french resistance amiga board)----
Paul is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 17:28   #39
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Bamiga2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Finland
Age: 40
Posts: 3,211
Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
I could pay for these kind of conversions too , great that someone makes good even better.
Bamiga2002 is offline  
Old 13 September 2006, 17:54   #40
CFOU!
Moderator
CFOU!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: France
Age: 44
Posts: 2,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
putain bertrand c'est pas possible!! comment un avocat peut être capable de coder...ca me depasse completement!! si tu es capable de coder, donc de refléchir un peu...comment as-tu pu choisir de faire du droit ? il faut être complètement marteau, certainement zinzin et foncièrement sado!!

j'imagine que tu as eu un amiga etant jeune a la fin des annees 80..je ne comprends pas comment...c'est vraiment insupportable comme idée!

a moins que....ta seule rédemption serait d'avoir choisi la voie la plus approprié pour faire un max de cash sans trop se casser la tête pour pouvoir t'adonner librement a ta vraie passion....est-ce la solution à ce casse tête ?

quand même comment as-tu pu te farcir ces fous d'étudiants de droit pendant 4 ans ? pas trop dur de cotoyer des bourgeois obsédés par le golf, leurs vacances au ski et à la mer, leur maison de campagne ? de participer à des soirées de débauche pestilentielles où les futures femmes maman de ces messieurs sont assimilées à des putains ?...bon j'arrête parceque je dérape....

sinon tu t'es quand même bien racheté!! ton job est tout simplement incroyable....merci beaucoup!

---a hacking message from FRAB (the french resistance amiga board)----
La solution est plus simple je ne suis pas "avocat" mais "mandataires judicaire stagiaire au redressement et à la liquidation des entrepries", j'ai encore un examen en décembre 2007 (je drevais faire une pause en début d'année 2007 pour le préparer sérieusement).

J'ai choisi "lawyer" par simplification et pour éviter des explications trop détailéés en anglais.

C'est le hasard qui m'a amené à ce travail et la passion à l'amiga

Je suis plutôt matheux à la base avec une formation pluridisciplinaire économie/Droit/management/gestion et mon travail m'a améné à me spécialisé en droit/gestion.

Donc je ne suis pas un ?*!?; d'avocat...

PS: par contre ma soeur est avocate et n'est pas capable de coder une ligne, elle confirme ainsi ta règle .
CFOU! is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Whdload registration ? Nickoteen project.WHDLoad 11 29 August 2013 11:54
IDEFix registration Shrub Retrogaming General Discussion 12 01 May 2010 19:42
PowerUP Registration DJBase News 19 21 April 2010 17:15
New registration opened ! RCK project.EAB 85 15 June 2008 14:26
Miami3.2 registration? dvvrue95 support.Apps 8 11 November 2005 21:29

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.40640 seconds with 13 queries