English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 02 August 2006, 17:15   #1
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Eye of the Storm?

I was reading one of my old mags, The One, Sept '91, and there was a weird looking 3D game with whales, stonehenge and goodness know what else, in the Work in progress section. Does anybody know what became of it?
AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 August 2006, 17:27   #2
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

You mean this http://hol.abime.net/2905 ?
Old 02 August 2006, 18:06   #3
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Yeah, that's the fellah. Weird, I seem to have no memory of this game at all, and its the sort of thing I'd like if it was well done. Anybody familiar with it?
Old 02 August 2006, 19:14   #4
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Look at the bottom of this page: http://www.planetemu.net/index.php?s...dat=257&page=e
Old 02 August 2006, 21:38   #5
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Thanks - I will check it out. Still don't know how I missed this. :-/
Old 02 August 2006, 23:43   #6
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

The developer Rebellion is still going (http://www.rebellion.co.uk/) although I'm not sure if they did the Amiga version.
Old 04 August 2006, 17:10   #7
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett
The developer Rebellion is still going (http://www.rebellion.co.uk/) although I'm not sure if they did the Amiga version.
Well, I downloaded it and arranged a generic WHDLoad patch which sort of works but I really don't know what to make of the game.

It might be huge and complex or just sprawling and aimless. I was not really too clear about it, although a 3D "flight" engine that doesn't allow roll or pitch has got to be a bit suspect even with whales and stonehenge.
Old 04 August 2006, 17:15   #8
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

There is a description on mobygames.

Quote:
It is 2124, and alien life has been found in our own solar system. The location of this life is just as surprising as its existence; There is a whole ecosystem living within the incredibly hostile atmosphere of the gas giant, Jupiter.

When these findings became public, and the hostile nature of some of the creatures became known, the 'eye' of Jupiter was declared a frontier zone. Of course, it wasn't long before someone thought of a great way to make money out of our new neighbours and the first Hunters were dispatched from earth. Now TVs across the globe display nightly broadcasts of Hunters engaged in blood-thirsty combat with the inhabitants of Jupiter. Does no-one care that these new life-forms are being wiped out in the name of mass entertainment?

Well, I.C.E. care. The Interstellar Conservation Executive has sent you, its newest recruit, off to Jupiter to study and document all the lifeforms you can find. You make money not by killing them, but by filming their actions. You can then use this money to upgrade your ship's engines and descend lower into Jupiter's atmosphere, to discover even weirder creatures. You'll also find people who want you to collect rare objects for them (also in exchange for cash), you'll find strange alien artefacts that may or may not help you in your quest and you'll probably have to engage in a few fights with the Hunters. It's a little sick, but these images will be broadcast to the audiences back home, too, so you'll make more money from that. Still, better to kill an evil Hunter from earth than a peaceful space whale from Jupiter, right?
Old 04 August 2006, 20:24   #9
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
There is a description on mobygames.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Anybody actually familiar with the game firsthand?
AdSense AdSense