English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 August 2006, 14:42   #21
blade002
Zone Friend

Its a great idea, but it just dont feel right playing Amiga games on an Xbox. Just feels too seperated and weird. I still cant play games without them being on a real Amiga.

I think i might need to see a psychologist!?.. lol.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 04 August 2006, 02:50   #22
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmomelb
Hi Syncro,
did you work out the 1GB (partition?) limit that you had problems with initially? Also it seems WHDLOAD TRIBUTE I and II are already both out on the newsgroups - have you officially released II already?

BTW: thanks in advance for going to all this effort, I'm queueing up the WHDLOAD TRIBUTE I image to download tonight the weekend will be lots of xbox/Amiga goodness!
Tribute1 was out on cd only years ago......Ahh the memories

Theres only Tribute II and the Xbox Expansion Which i just called "Tribute WHD for Xbox" available at the moment.....I really need a better looking Workbench for the next one....so it looks ok on the telly.

There is no way of making a partition any more than 1GB on Winuae or Winuaex ( well there is but it isnt recognised as 2 gig it will only see 1 gig ).....Therefore the Games and Demo directories are added drives

Last edited by synchro; 04 August 2006 at 03:21.
Old 04 August 2006, 03:41   #23
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
@blade002 if you have An A1200 (working or broken) shove it in front of the telly and hide the xbox behined the Tv then you'll think your playing on the A1200 (if you don't have a real A1200 then get a broken one off ebay) lol
Old 04 August 2006, 04:25   #24
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Its a great idea, but it just dont feel right playing Amiga games on an Xbox. Just feels too seperated and weird. I still cant play games without them being on a real Amiga.

I think i might need to see a psychologist!?.. lol.
One day there will be no amigas left
Emulation will be better than nothing
Old 04 August 2006, 04:55   #25
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
I know exactly what blade002 is saying and to some extent i agree however like you say synchro when there are no Amigas left all we have left is emulation!

Forgive me here but gonna rattle on a little about all these swanky new tft screens that are out and to me the experience isn't as good as a crt tube, so far it never will be but the same applies to emulation we KNOW we are Emulating so it takes something away before you even start! I'll prove Blade002's feeling by a game i used to love on the psx Tony hawks pro skater i eventually got a dreamcast and although that looked even better on the DC it wasn't the same as the psx version because of the controller same as playing settlers on the xbox wouldnt be the same because you don't have a mouse it's close but not quite close enough ok i know you can probs run a mouse on the xbox but the screen res isn't the same the sound isn't the same and a million other little things it's just not how it was on the Amiga!

The reason i mentioned tft's etc is because they have took over and it's like ebay only if you want a crt tube which performs better than any tft that i've seen!

The point of this whole post is PRESERVE your Amiga don't let it fade away look after it and most of all love it cause one day it won't be here!
Old 04 August 2006, 08:32   #26
gizmomelb

Hi Syncro,

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro
There is no way of making a partition any more than 1GB on Winuae or Winuaex ( well there is but it isnt recognised as 2 gig it will only see 1 gig ).....Therefore the Games and Demo directories are added drives
I'm not sure I follow you sorry.. I've got a HDF image of my real A1200 Hard drive (3.25GB total) and there is a 200MB partition (workbench and utilities) and 2x 1.5GB partitions for demos and games - the image works perfectly using WinUAE 1.3 (no problems encountered accessing any files so far in the 1.5GB partitions). Is the 1GB limit a WinUAE 1.2 or WB issue?
Old 04 August 2006, 12:11   #27
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

All i can say is i make a 2 gig HDF file both winuae and winuaex will only see it as 1 gig ???......Its wasnt a problem adding the dirs as drives as it gives exactly the same result and workbench only had to be 50meg.

Basicly if i try to fill a 2 gig drive once workench gets to 1 gig it tells me its full ??? i didnt try a partition though to be honest.....Like i said adding the drives gave the same result as partitions anyway and saved me copying it all to workbench
Old 04 August 2006, 14:33   #28
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro
All i can say is i make a 2 gig HDF file both winuae and winuaex will only see it as 1 gig ???......Its wasnt a problem adding the dirs as drives as it gives exactly the same result and workbench only had to be 50meg.

Basicly if i try to fill a 2 gig drive once workench gets to 1 gig it tells me its full ??? i didnt try a partition though to be honest.....Like i said adding the drives gave the same result as partitions anyway and saved me copying it all to workbench
Amiga-side software limitation. Maybe too old WB or FastFileSystem "driver" etc..
Old 04 August 2006, 15:52   #29
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Thanks Toni..
So i need to relook at the whole workbench.....But on initial testing i did make a 2 gig hdf with Winuae 1.0 and installed Workbench 3.1 and still it came up as 1 gig ???

Perhaps thats why i need someone else to assemble me one because its changed a lot since i had my miggy
AdSense AdSense