English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 July 2006, 23:35   #1
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Tribute II WHDLoad Edition for Xbox

Ok This should be ready in a couple of hours but i need to confirm a few things. Firsly this is " Xbox Only " dont forget

1..Im using Classic WBFULL Tv Friendly ( non-laced ) A1200 Configuration. Should i use copper or no copper or should i use another version ??

2..Do you want me to include the WHD Demos ???

3..This one Workbench.HDF is looking nearly 3 gig so i will probably fill the rest with CD32 stuff .... How does this sound so far ??

Any advice welcome
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 July 2006, 00:01   #2
retrogamer
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro

Ok This should be ready in a couple of hours but i need to confirm a few things. Firsly this is " Xbox Only " dont forget

1..Im using Classic WBFULL Tv Friendly ( non-laced ) A1200 Configuration. Should i use copper or no copper or should i use another version ??

2..Do you want me to include the WHD Demos ???

3..This one Workbench.HDF is looking nearly 3 gig so i will probably fill the rest with CD32 stuff .... How does this sound so far ??

Any advice welcome

It sounds great!

Why don't you make a torrent of it and put it on Pirate Bay?
Old 17 July 2006, 00:57   #3
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Well i made a gig HDD no problems......But it wont recognise anything bigger so looks like the collection on one workbench is out the window

If at first you dont succeed as they say
Old 17 July 2006, 03:19   #4
greenchili
Zone Friend

Just split it up alphabetically and personally I'd much rather see demo's than CD32's. But then I've never experienced the CD32 so I don't know what I'm missing.

Maybe 1 disc full with games/demo's
2nd with CD32 or something weird like that.

You uploaded the Tribute II to a newsgroup right? Just pop it up there.
I'll download and try to seed it over at another place (not sure if it's against the rules to mention said site).
Old 17 July 2006, 04:12   #5
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchili
Just split it up alphabetically and personally I'd much rather see demo's than CD32's. But then I've never experienced the CD32 so I don't know what I'm missing.

Maybe 1 disc full with games/demo's
2nd with CD32 or something weird like that.

You uploaded the Tribute II to a newsgroup right? Just pop it up there.
I'll download and try to seed it over at another place (not sure if it's against the rules to mention said site).
I have 4 odd gig to play with......If i include all the whd games and the Demos that are on the tribute disk it still comes to just under 3 gig .....But how to do it is the question.....Ideally i wanted one workbench.hdf with everything on it but both winuae and winuaex only see 1 gig

So do i make 3 workbench hdf's (games A-H) and ( games i-z ) and ( Demos) ???
Or one empty workbench so people can attach seperate HDF'S ...ie (games a-h.hdf ) etc as a second drive.......Or just directories for people to attach ???

Theres quite a few ways to do it but whats the easiest do you think for people to use ??? Either way looks like the games and demos and a lot of other stuff should fit well on this one

Help me out here guys .....im getting confused
Old 17 July 2006, 04:21   #6
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Thinking about it i could just have WORKBENCH.HDF and a WHD directory that could contain it all....all people would have to do is attach that one dir as a second drive....When workbench boots the WHD directory would contain all sub dirs of Games...Demos etc !!

Wouldnt look messy or confusing would it

Last edited by synchro; 17 July 2006 at 05:20.
Old 17 July 2006, 04:35   #7
greenchili
Zone Friend

Good idea! Sounds like it'd work. Maybe once you get it set up you can load it up on the XBOX HD. Setup the workbench so it looks pretty and save the workbench setting. Copy back over to PC for distribution.

Where does the workbench saves it's configuration? the .HDF file or in the WHD directories themselves? (It's been a while).
Old 17 July 2006, 04:37   #8
Dexther

is are a greath !!
Old 17 July 2006, 04:51   #9
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Good idea! Sounds like it'd work. Maybe once you get it set up you can load it up on the XBOX HD. Setup the workbench so it looks pretty and save the workbench setting. Copy back over to PC for distribution.

Where does the workbench saves it's configuration? the .HDF file or in the WHD directories themselves? (It's been a while).
I only have a choice of 2 workbench's really.....There on tribute if you want to check them out....Its "Classic WB FULL" or "P Classic WB FULL"

I can only use these because they are for TV only ....the others either are for monitor only and the hi-res laced ones will flicker due to the resolutions....Of course i can include workbench 1.3 for the older games people will want to play .....i may play with a few of the resolutions and see if any others look nicer

The workbench setups are saved to the workbench itself....so if you select a workbench.hdf on the xbox it will look as it does on the PC depending on which ones i use.
Old 17 July 2006, 04:55   #10
greenchili
Zone Friend

Ahh ok so all those differen't workbench set-ups point to the same demo/game files?

Cool... I'll give them a look. I just figured if your forced to split up the demo/game's themselves a little "re-arranging" may be needed.
Old 17 July 2006, 14:54   #11
greenchili
Zone Friend

Forgot to mention... It'd be kinda cool to have some kinda workbench based image that had everything (amiga wise) necessary to play all those nice Amiga mod files (and mod files as well).

For the xbox, I mean.

Is there such a thing/compilation around?

Old 17 July 2006, 15:48   #12
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

just about all Bloodwych classic worbench's do.....the players and utils are all pre-installed including workbench games..Dir-Opus etc !!

You can even connect to the net through them on a PC
Old 17 July 2006, 19:27   #13
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrogamer
It sounds great!

Why don't you make a torrent of it and put it on Pirate Bay?
Isn't pirate bay screwed?
Old 18 July 2006, 00:37   #14
greenchili
Zone Friend

Bloodwych? ok.. thanks!
Old 18 July 2006, 02:42   #15
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Bloodwych? ok.. thanks!
You seem confused !! If you check out the Tribute DVD in the workbench section you will find they are all ( as headed ) Bloodwych classic workbench's and if you load up the first one you will see either on the desktop or in the programs directory all the utilities you mentioned....

Even the one i will be using for the Xbox contains just about all you would need
Old 18 July 2006, 17:10   #16
Adropac2
Zone Friend

The way that i do things on Winuaex concerning ClassicWB and WHD is to throw all my folders into one main folder.When defining what options the HDF is going to use , i then point to this folder using one of the partition slots.When it boots to Workbench the folder containing all the seperate folders shows up and i'm ready to go (or i would be if i didn't have to unpack the LZX files but i'm fine with that).Certainly you can use as much of the real partition of the Xbox's hardrive (iv'e currently got over 22gb in use for Workbench it just doesn't seem to show up as that).I also point a destination folder for where the LZX unpacked games end up.That's just how i do things mind and it's not much use if you want to play them straight away upon recieving your dvd and then booting it.It's only the one hdf i need as well.Just thought i'd mention it.

Last edited by Adropac2; 18 July 2006 at 17:23.
Old 19 July 2006, 02:42   #17
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Thinking about it i could just have WORKBENCH.HDF and a WHD directory that could contain it all....all people would have to do is attach that one dir as a second drive....When workbench boots the WHD directory would contain all sub dirs of Games...Demos etc !!

Wouldnt look messy or confusing would it

Adropac2
Thats pretty much what i came up with earlier as quoted above....Its the way the PC version is set up really on the Tribute DVD you can only have a gig Workbench Max !! so the attached dirs allow it to be 3.5 gig as far as everyones concerned

So anyway if you thought of the same sort of thing as well then it sounds pretty much the best way to handle it

Though inserting the DVD ...Then the splash screen....Then booting straight into workbench would be the ultimate !!!
Trying to get Xports attention at the moment to see if its possible
Old 19 July 2006, 08:59   #18
greenchili
Zone Friend

Quote:
Adropac2
Trying to get Xports attention at the moment to see if its possible
Look again buddy... He released a new Winuaex just today, check out what it does!!
Old 19 July 2006, 09:51   #19
BippyM
Global Moderator

I wouldn't use Classic WB at all tbh

On the XBox the whole purpose is for games so just create the bare minimum install to ensure the most compatibility.

No frills like Scalos or other patches. Just a basic 640x256/512 display with some nice colourful icons and the WHDinstall package.
Old 19 July 2006, 14:28   #20
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
I wouldn't use Classic WB at all tbh

On the XBox the whole purpose is for games so just create the bare minimum install to ensure the most compatibility.

No frills like Scalos or other patches. Just a basic 640x256/512 display with some nice colourful icons and the WHDinstall package.
Good idea !!
To be honest bog standard workbench looks clearer on the screen and a lot faster anyway but newer icons as you state would look nice
AdSense AdSense