English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 June 2006, 13:35   #21
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Yeah fun, first we get a hundred everquest clones, now the age of diablo clones has dawned :s
AdSense AdSense  
Old 29 June 2006, 21:16   #22
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Discovered another RPG gem.

Re-release of Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind for Xbox. The Morrowind Game of the Year edition includes the original roleplaying game plus the PC expansions Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Gamers who already own the original Morrowind can use their save to play the expansions, and those who've never played the mammoth RPG will be able to enjoy the original game from the start. Tribunal takes gamers to the capital city of Morrowind, called Mournhold, where they'll meet the other two god-kings of Morrowind, Almalexia and Sotha Sil. Bloodmoon introduces gamers to the frozen Island of Solstheim, where they'll experience the harsh permanent winter of the island as they face off against ice minions, trolls, and wolves.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mw.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	11445  
Old 29 June 2006, 23:31   #23
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I played morrowind + expansions many times (pc version). The original game is VERY lacking, I mean how many animals does one want to kill? Even the daedra are all wimps (why oh why didn't they put a deadra lord into the game?) Still it's fun to hunt for artifacts and try out all the mods (the mods make the game great), or even make your own. The bloodmoon expansion was a lot of fun, but far too short. Same goes for the Tribunal expansion actually.

Me, I prefer Daggerfall (completed it like 16 times...). It had shit graphics and was loaded with crash bugs (fixsave tool required, or else you can't even finish the game), but there was something about it that just yelled COOL. Maybe the fact that you could turn into a vampire or a werewolf, or that you could be a filthy thief, or just the general story which was pretty good. All that is possible in Morrowind + expansions... but it's just not the same

Well, I'm upgrading my pc in the near future, so then it's on to Oblivion
Old 14 July 2006, 10:01   #24
blade002
Zone Friend

Games like the Morrowind series are nice games, but you need to almost lock yourself away and not see anyone or doing anything to play them. Wish i could commit myself to a game such as that now, but when i do i end up feeling guilty.
Old 14 July 2006, 10:54   #25
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong
There was a Diablo clone that was being developed around 1997/98 for Amiga/PC called Fortress of Fear that German coders, Digital Reality SoftworX were hoping to be better than Diablo. Unfortunately (particularly with respect to the Amiga version), it never was finished despite some reasonable progress. I've knocked up a HOL entry for it with quite a few attractive Amiga screenshots from the game:

http://hol.abime.net/4289

In the entry you will find links to the developer website where you can d/l demos for both Amiga and PC. I'd especially like to know what people think of the Amiga demo version and how it compares to the PC version (and also Diablo if a comparison can indeed be made).
<bump>

Anyone actually get the Amiga demo of Fortress of Fear to work? Anyone got any comments if they did?
Old 14 July 2006, 17:22   #26
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromWithin
Yes it is.
Good old Noscha with his peeks and pokes
Old 18 July 2006, 00:47   #27
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

I still play Diablo II on my PowerBook, god damn it rocks!
Old 18 July 2006, 20:52   #28
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Been playing the demo of the Settlers 2 remake (another classic that will never die). It so totally rocks that I'm going to run to the stores to get the full version. It's Settlers 2, only better looking. No gameplay changes at all, except for LAN/internet multiplay. Even the hearty "yippie!" of the geologist is still there http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1096485260/
Old 19 October 2006, 12:54   #29
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Picked up a storming classic today for only 5UKP. Hyper Streetfighter II for PS2. A great beat'em up from the days of the SNES. I remember playing this for hours. The PS2 version features five fighting styles, every classic fighter and as an added bonus the original 1994 SF2 animated movie. Gaming heaven.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sf2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	12305  
Old 19 October 2006, 20:04   #30
rsn8887

What about Street Fighter III? If you like SFII you will love Street Fighter III! I got it for Dreamcast, but PS2 version is on some compilation, too... best one IMO is Street Fighter III: The Third Strike. Yes, they did make three versions of Street Fighter III. Just as you would expect from Capcom.

There's some crazy youtube clips SFIII world cup fights...
Old 09 December 2006, 14:42   #31
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Visited my local cash generator store today. Picked up two PSX retro gems:

Robocod James Pond II

Capcom Generations:

* 1943 Kai
* Ghosts'n Goblins
* Ghouls'n Ghosts
* Super Ghouls'n Ghosts
* Vulgus
* Sonson
* Higemaru
* Exed Exes
* Commando
* Mercs
* Gun Smoke

All for only 5UKP. Retro gaming heaven!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	capcom.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	12733   Click image for larger version

Name:	robocod.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	12734  
Old 10 December 2006, 17:17   #32
EmuChicken

Quote:
What about Street Fighter III? If you like SFII you will love Street Fighter III! I got it for Dreamcast, but PS2 version is on some compilation, too... best one IMO is Street Fighter III: The Third Strike. Yes, they did make three versions of Street Fighter III. Just as you would expect from Capcom.
I always thought the characters off this were just really naff... I mean the big boss was a big guy with small pants... ... it just didnt feel too good to play either... The best SF style games were either Capcom vs SNK 2, or Street Fighter Alpha 3.... damnit, Dan rocks! >

...On the RPG front, I'd have to recommend Fallout 1 or 2 (1 for less bugs IMO), ... probably the most fun RPG classics I've tried (on the PC!)
Old 10 December 2006, 18:02   #33
X-ray
Angry Kid Fan

@ Snake

How faithful are those capcom titles to the original arcades? Particularly I am interested in Ghosts 'n Goblins, Commando and 1943.
Old 10 December 2006, 23:41   #34
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Hey EmuChicken - are you about to bite the head of a fish in your avatar?
Old 11 December 2006, 03:20   #35
Ultron
Something

Let's hope to god it's the head of a fish...
Old 11 December 2006, 06:55   #36
EmuChicken

uh, I dunno, it was taken over 3 years ago :-P ... In England so that explains the dark picture with lots of wind.

If you want faithful arcade things, why not just emulate the arcade with Mame or something?
Old 11 December 2006, 15:23   #37
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

Never played Diablo, play Diablo II on my mac all the time though
AdSense AdSense