English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 November 2001, 16:19   #1
Doozy

Point n Click Adventures

Anyone got a list of all the decent Point n Clicks for the Amiga? Also could you put them in order of quality. I have quite alot of them already, but I am wondering what else is out there that I'm missing.

P.S. English games only if poss.

P.P.S. Did @Gilbert and the Mushrooms of Phungoria@ ever get released on the Miggy?

Cheers in advance......

AdSense AdSense  
Old 19 November 2001, 16:21   #2
Amigaboy

I've been told by someone that (supposedly) is close with Crystal Interactive (or whatever they're called now) that Gilbert Goodmate is still in development on the Amiga and will be available soon (the PC version is already out)

I don't believe him though

Old 19 November 2001, 16:48   #3
kriz

I think it went PC only sad, cause it looked very good...

(they were planning an amiga/pc release on the same cd....)
Old 19 November 2001, 17:17   #4
Steve
Kickstarter Addict!

Cool ??

Quote:
Originally posted by Amigaboy
I've been told by someone that (supposedly) is close with Crystal Interactive (or whatever they're called now) that Gilbert Goodmate is still in development on the Amiga and will be available soon (the PC version is already out)

I don't believe him though
Who's that then?? I'd say I'm quite close with Crystal Interactive. I did live at the guys house for 2 months and also did some work for them. I also got to meet the creators of Gilbert and got an early look at it on a laptop. I really loved it!! It was a very funny game. Whoever said they are developing an Amiga version is lying. It's a PC only game. Although it was originally intended as an Amiga game.
Old 19 November 2001, 18:03   #5
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Try looking at our Website section. There you will find links that point to databases arranging games in categories. try looking for Amiga Games Overview and Amiga A to Z as well. My fave point n click is by far Lure of the Temptress.
Old 20 November 2001, 01:29   #6
Amigaboy

Re: ??

Quote:
Originally posted by steve_b

Who's that then?? I'd say I'm quite close with Crystal Interactive. I did live at the guys house for 2 months and also did some work for them. I also got to meet the creators of Gilbert and got an early look at it on a laptop. I really loved it!! It was a very funny game. Whoever said they are developing an Amiga version is lying. It's a PC only game. Although it was originally intended as an Amiga game.
aha! Thanks for confirming my suspicions steve! I believe you more than I believe him

I won't reveal who the person is (he's not a board member).

Old 20 November 2001, 04:08   #7
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

I can't say this is a definitive "full" listing Doozy, but here's a few point'n'click games that you probably recognise...

Zak Mcracken-(LucasArts)
Maniac Mansion
Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade
Loom
Indiana Jones 4 Atlantis Adventure
Secret of Mokey Island
Secret of Monkey Island 2-Le Chuck's revenge.

Future Wars (Delphine)
Operation Stealth
Cruise for a Corpse

Lure of the Temptress (Revolution Software)
Beneath a Steel Sky

Legend of Kyrandia (Westwood/Virgin)

I see a posting elsewhere about Dynamix/Sierra Stuff, so this is at least a start...
Old 20 November 2001, 06:07   #8
TikTok

I always liked Virgin's "KGB" myself.
Old 20 November 2001, 07:57   #9
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

God!! I forgot the Chronoquest series (Explora in French) and Maupiti Island. Love that one too
Old 20 November 2001, 09:34   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Smile

Well, me if I'm telling nonsense, but I *think* that Deja Vu can also be called a "Point'n Click' adventure.
Old 20 November 2001, 12:45   #11
Steve
Kickstarter Addict!

Eek I Just Cannot Believe it!!!!

No one has mentioned one of the best point and click adventure games ever made for the Amiga. Flight of the Amazon Queen. Shame on all of you!
Old 20 November 2001, 16:33   #12
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Yeah FOTAQ

Ahhh what was it? 11 , 15 disks?? never finished it though wish I had of done
Old 20 November 2001, 16:51   #13
Amigaboy

Amazon Queen was really easy to finish. If you want to be challenged, go for the Monkey Island games

Old 20 November 2001, 22:55   #14
MethodGit

Speaking of Monkey Island, what does everyone think of Monkeys 3 & 4?

They still play kinda great, IMO.
Old 21 November 2001, 02:38   #15
Amigaboy

Monkey 3 was still fun and funny
Monkey 4 is alright, but I don't like the "Grim Fandango" feel to it

Old 21 November 2001, 03:01   #16
Drake1009

How about Darkseed and Dreamweb? As far as I remember playing from Darkseed it was point and click. Dreamweb is most definately point and click although untraditional point and click. Has a good story too. Unfortunately the Amiga version didn't quite live up to my expectations. I have the PC CD version where half the stuff is spoken (Clearly done afterwards, much dialog is missing speech). But even without the speech and just the Disk version (Which I played pirated which in turn made me buy the game on CD when I found it) still had more to offer than the Amiga I'm afraid. I simply loved the soundtrack for the PC version, it created a lot more ambience than the Amiga version's soundtrack managed to create, and the PC version was better done too (No lagging a second every 10 seconds like the AGA version does on me). It had more stuff to enhance the ambience, like the rain falling outside. I think you can hear the sound in the Amiga version. On the PC version when you go outside you can see the rain and the screen will light up with the thunderclaps. But I think I went a little too far pointing out 2 point&click games. Sorry.
Old 21 November 2001, 03:25   #17
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Yes Andreas, I forgot Deja Vu, another super game. good looking out!
Old 21 November 2001, 06:03   #18
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Question

Never played or saw Flight of the Amazon queen, when I read it was being programmed here in Australia,(By a team who'd already programmed a couple of PC releases that were published O/S), I suspected it wasn't going to be a good Amiga version.

Say Drake-if you played Darkseed, how the heck did you survive the use of the Interlace mode? Atmospheric GFX, definitely, but too hard on the eyes for my liking-I never bothered to buy it after playing the demo version!!
Old 21 November 2001, 08:38   #19
Drake1009

7-zark-7 : Say Drake-if you played Darkseed, how the heck did you survive the use of the Interlace mode? Atmospheric GFX, definitely, but too hard on the eyes for my liking-I never bothered to buy it after playing the demo version!!

Well that's easy. Maybe because it was Dreamweb I played a lot, not Darkseed. I played Darkseed for a whooping 5 minutes on the PC before the sound scared me off (It sounded a lot like it was broken, come to think of it I think I've been hearing similar sounds on some old DOS games now). The intro and the sound was enough to scare me off.
Old 21 November 2001, 09:53   #20
ptrchiappe

Send a message via AIM to ptrchiappe
You can add to the list Nippon Safes Inc. and The Big Red Adventure from Dynabyte (italian softhouse).

The first came on 5 disks and the second is CD only (but HD installable) and they're multilanguage (english included of course).
AdSense AdSense