English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 02 May 2006, 12:43   #81
StarEye
Zone Friend

This guide will be on the DVD too right? And which of the options are you actually having "trouble" with, running from the DVD or running from the HD? I'm planning to run from the HD if possible.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 May 2006, 12:54   #82
Aral
TOSEC-PIX Curator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca
Simply PM me your address and I'll add you to the list.
Thank you very much. PM on its way
Old 02 May 2006, 13:01   #83
Macca
Zone Friend

@StarEye

Without getting too technical the way gamebase works is that it creates a temporary folder where it unpacks the games to and then runs it from there. The guide will also be on the DVD under a heading Install Instructions (or whatever Sarek comes up with - lol).

You have to have gamebase installed on your PC (about 10-15MB) the rest can be ran from either the DVD or copied to your hard-drive and run from there.

The instructions simply show how you get gamebase to recognise the files - it sounds more complicated than it is really.
Old 02 May 2006, 13:02   #84
Macca
Zone Friend

@Aral

Recieved and added to list.
Old 17 May 2006, 10:41   #85
Macca
Zone Friend

*Update Time*

Unfortunately due to a HD crash all the work on this project was lost (I thought I managed to save it but what turned out to be one bad partition suddenly became two bad partitions and when I tried to copy it off it failed) - I have managed to recover the Zzap Magazines (which was a big chunk) and I've almost finished getting the Gamebase files sorted.

Sorry for the delays in this - I aim to have something in 'beta' out this weekend - I'm doing the installation guide tonight and then a basic autorun of some sort.

I'll have a proper update tomorrow.
Old 17 May 2006, 16:04   #86
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
Have you still got the unfinished graphics i did you macca??
(the one minus the buttons!)
Old 18 May 2006, 22:15   #87
Bloodwych

No way! After all that great work, that's so unlucky! I was really looking forward to your release; hope you can get it up and running again.
Old 21 May 2006, 19:31   #88
Macca
Zone Friend

Hey Sarek

Sorry for the slow reply - I don't have anything really.

Only thing I managed to salvage was the 107 Zzaps (probably going to put 90 on a DVD and the others on a stand-alone CD with it's own autoplay).

Time to get back to work on it I think - lol
Old 16 June 2006, 13:08   #89
StarEye
Zone Friend

Just curious, is this project still on? Has it been put on ice, or simply cancelled?
Old 03 July 2006, 22:30   #90
Macca
Zone Friend

Sorry for the lack of updates the DVD wouldn't actually work it's taken a few weeks (I've moved house and had to wait for a new net connectin amongst other things) to recover back to the original stage..

For everyone whos given me there address I'll be posting out the Gamebase 64 v0.3 CDs and the Zzap 64 magazines probably this weekend...

I do apologise for the delays - I'll include some kind of readme on how to install as well with it - though it's pretty straight forward...
Old 03 July 2006, 22:45   #91
Bloodwych

Hi Macca, no need to apologise - all these projects are hobbies and there should be no time constraints on when they are complete. Just look at Synchro - he had a two year gap before finishing his tribute II DVD.

Does this mean that the DVD project is back on? Or are these CDs that you're posting just the normal gamebase ones burnt from their native ISO format? I actually have those isos already.
Old 04 July 2006, 00:57   #92
Macca
Zone Friend

DVD project is back on - but it'll be completley toned down from what it was going to be... basically (if I can get it working - lol) it will copy all the files to a local PC drive and then start the gamebase install.

Nothing major I know but at least it keeps everything together also there will be all the Zzap 64 / Commodore Formats on there as well all re-done in PDF format complete with Megatapes as well.

One last thing is a guide for the people who aren't that computer literate so they can get it up and running.

Think that's it!
Old 04 July 2006, 04:00   #93
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
@Macca what have you got left out of this lot which was your original plan!

Quote:
It's going to include Gamebase64 v3, every Zzap 64 / Commodore Format + Megatapes ever made (all in PDF format with .tap files for the megatapes and D64's, etc) plus a few more CD's (Kerr Avon, etc.)
I still have the graphics m8 as far as i know they only potential prob is the font i used in your logo if indeed it was a font can't remeber now!

Also how big is each Zzap64 issue etc as a .pdf and will they not compress down with winrar etc????

No matter what you have m8 we'll all help here if u need anything else i have tones of d64 files / sids etc as i am sure many others here have u need owt just ask

Also we'll all help distribute your dvd when it's done like we have with Synchro's Ace Amiga Tribute II dvd i've sent that all over the place and still havent finished yet )

Just got australia to do
Old 04 July 2006, 15:44   #94
Macca
Zone Friend

Hi Mate

Great news with the graphics - the problems with PDFs is that they're already compressed within the program so RAR / ZIP / ACE etc doesn't compress them more than a few KBs.

The issues are obviously different sizes the magazine when first produced was a lot bigger than when it finished so the first lot are 30+MB and some are 15MB.

All in all (megatapes included) theres 2.8GB of Zzap magazines.

The way I was going to do it was have folders Zzap 001 to ZZap 030 and then obviously when you click the button it just opens that folder (I hope)...

I'll work something out soon - lol
AdSense AdSense