English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 08 April 2006, 22:02   #1
Ironclaw
Banned

Looking for a program to make animated objects.

Does anyone know of a program on amiga which can be used to make shapes of items and add textures to them and make them rotate and stuff?

Like the gfx in stardust: http://www.rip-factor.com/scarecrow/...d/amigasd.html
http://www.rip-factor.com/scarecrow/ssd96/ssd96.html
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 April 2006, 02:18   #2
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Didn't Demo Maker v2.0 by RSI allow you to do that sort of thing?
Old 09 April 2006, 11:42   #3
Ironclaw
Banned

Downloaded Demo Maker v2.0 (19xx)(RSI)(Disk 1 of 2).zip yesterday to have a look... (as I used it 10 years ago).... but nope,,, no such option from what I could see.... searched planetemu for demo makers and stuff.... found nothing interesting....
Old 09 April 2006, 11:46   #4
Ironclaw
Banned

There is programs such as Imagine FX or what it was called, donno if animations could be done in that as I never used it.... will download and check....
Old 09 April 2006, 11:55   #5
Ironclaw
Banned

I have now checked several programs: demo maker, demo maniac, demo mania...... etc..

asked hipoonios and he said that there is Imagine and Imagine FX, he think it's Imagine I should have as it's good with 3d stuff... then there's also Real3D and Cinema4D.... never used any of those so dont know.....

the reason why I'm looking for a program like this is so that I can make those animating objects for my games and when someone asks, -how did you do that, I just say, -on the Amiga ....

There are alot of PC programs that can make what I want, and I have them... but havnt used them yet so it would take me like a week or more to figure out how to use them as they are all complicated. I was hoping the Amiga 3d programs would be easier to use.

So if anyone know of any easy progs to use, name them

this looks good, but probably complicated too http://images.google.se/images?hl=sv...spell=1&tab=wi
http://colorise.portrait.9online.fr/ligth1b.jpg
Old 09 April 2006, 12:00   #6
Raislin77it
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclaw
I have now checked several programs: demo maker, demo maniac, demo mania...... etc..

asked hipoonios and he said that there is Imagine and Imagine FX, he think it's Imagine I should have as it's good with 3d stuff... then there's also Real3D and Cinema4D.... never used any of those so dont know.....

the reason why I'm looking for a program like this is so that I can make those animating objects for my games and when someone asks, -how did you do that, I just say, -on the Amiga ....

There are alot of PC programs that can make what I want, and I have them... but havnt used them yet so it would take me like a week or more to figure out how to use them as they are all complicated. I was hoping the Amiga 3d programs would be easier to use.

So if anyone know of any easy progs to use, name them

this looks good, but probably complicated too http://images.google.se/images?hl=sv...spell=1&tab=wi
http://colorise.portrait.9online.fr/ligth1b.jpg
there is also lightwave or imagine for amiga if u want to try 3d
Old 09 April 2006, 12:10   #7
Ironclaw
Banned

Those two were mentioned in my previous post .. couldnt find them on planetemu though... maybe on aminet... but if someone has them and can upload them, pls do ... hope they are easier to use than the PC relatives.

Demo maniac has some cool 3d effects.. but donno how to make em. this is from a script I ran from demo maniac

edit: ok that was just a anim.iff file the script took from the disk..... ok, will wait for a program to test, if I find nothing simple to use, I'll go with a PC version.

Last edited by Ironclaw; 09 April 2006 at 12:20.
Old 15 May 2006, 13:54   #8
PaulyQ

OK...Lightwave is probably your best bet, as it is still an industry standard format. Yes Imagine can do animations, but I preferred Lightwaves interface and ease of use. I was by no means a pro, but could do animations with basic objects as the animation tool was DEAD easy.... tweeners are a sinch... key frame... move... how many frames to animate... key frame.. move.... how many frames etc...the Amiga then works it out and does what it needs to do.

I recently did a search for that very program and as you've discovered, it's not about on any of the TOSEC collections. It's not for sale as new, but is still covered by copyright AFAIK. I may have LW 3.5 stashed inthe loft with my collection... will check this afternoon
Old 15 May 2006, 13:58   #9
Ironclaw
Banned

Old thread now.. and I already have the program I need, on PC though. Cinema 4D.
AdSense AdSense