English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 March 2006, 23:11   #21
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble
You know peoples... I actually think these FTP's are good for what's left of the community, as people who are pressed for money, can try before spending hard earned moeny on something they might not even like. And since most of what was on these two FTP's was either totally abandoned or made free by the licenseholders in the first place, I believe a simple request of removing the still in developement software would've been a much better approach in the first place.

Going straight over someones head and demand a closedown before people can even realize what is going on, is a bad idea.

I have sympathy with your cause, AndreasM and Guru, but I think you jumped a litle bit too long. What would it have mattered if you gave Bippy and Ant some 12 hours to purge their FTP's for your stuff, before going straight to their ISP's crying "these two are sucking my lifeblood out" ?

I think, as we say in Norway, you did yourselves a bearfavour.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 March 2006, 23:36   #22
I deleted GuruMeditation's files within 10 minutes of his PM. AndreasM didn't actually inform me that I had one of his games on the server.
Old 16 March 2006, 23:43   #23
Global Moderator

I removed everything AndreasM asked me too and still I was threatened with lawyers etc..

I wasn't aware of Dopus magellan until after I had closed the ftp.. but I would have removed any of that immediately too if I had realised.

I think Gurumeditation went the right way about dealing with this and was amicable in every way possible.. I take my hat off him for that!

AndreasM on the other hand.. he has no diplomacy or willing to give ppl a chance.. He expects ppl to know that a 10+yr old game is again being sold!

This thread is going to deteriorate so I have closed it.

Last edited by bippym; 17 March 2006 at 00:00.
AdSense AdSense