English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you own an Amiga, a PC... or both?
I own an Amiga. 4 3.70%
I own a PC. 7 6.48%
I own an Amiga and a PC. 90 83.33%
I own none of them, I only borrow when I need them. 0 0%
My neighbour has a blue chimney! 1 0.93%
The castle of Arghhhhhhhhhh 6 5.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23 March 2006, 12:59   #41
English Lit Academic
As I imagine is the case with all the non-progammer/computery types (who judging by this thread have an impressive collection of machines, which would be entirely wasted on me ), I have both because I kept my old 500+. I much prefer to use an emulator; infinitely more convenient.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 March 2006, 18:23   #42

From this poll you can come up with some useful conclusions (so far...)

I shall continue:
  • The majority has both PC and Amiga
  • The majority of the members of EAB have -at least- an Amiga (~82%)
  • A neighbour has a blue chimney!

However, the second conclusion is the most impressive one I think!
Not so many PC owners are members (therefore they can vote) but "maybe" quests!?

Am i right?
Old 23 March 2006, 20:54   #43
Zone Friend
Yep.........I own both!
Plus I have a Mac

I like to cross platform alot. Espeically with since I have WinUAE. I can create images on my PC with 3d modellers, render, and send to DPaint through WinUAE. It's great! But I have to say, I still like DPaint better than most of the Paint Programs for the PC
Old 23 March 2006, 21:30   #44
Global Moderator

Hmmm, I'd love to be able to say that I have both but these days I don't...

I'm definitely an Amiga lover. Had an expanded Amiga from about the ages of 12 - 15 years old. Unfortunately it broke and my parents never fixed it. Never really like PCs at that time, they were way behind (always raved how good Amigas were / still are) but at 19 I ended up doing an IT PC / Network support degree in Sydney.

These days I only have a PC and run WinUAE to bring back all the fond memories from my teenage years. I've always loved computer (C64, A500 etc) and especially arcade games (MAME32 is the absolute best) but these days I must say I've also grown to love PCs as well due to the diversity that they offer (and it being my job). I mean, think about any computer / console / arcade system and it's all emulated on the one PC.

Yes, I see all these debates about "nothing is as good as the real thing" and I do agree. Sure I could afford to buy a few different Amigas but how would you possibly be able to purchase / house all the console + arcade boards / machines that you would like. Emulation rocks!!! Just my 2 cents
Old 23 March 2006, 22:03   #45
Missile Command Champion

Originally Posted by DamienD
Sure I could afford to buy a few different Amigas but how would you possibly be able to purchase / house all the console + arcade boards / machines that you would like. Emulation rocks!!! Just my 2 cents
You're so true, Damien. I want to buy a new Amiga 1200 with HD & turbocard, but this would cost about 300 €. And actually i have no space for it.
Old 30 March 2006, 01:23   #46
Send a message via MSN to bluebrummie Send a message via Yahoo to bluebrummie

Well I started my gaming life around 1978 with this machine that played Pong type games on it, it came with paddle controllers and a light gun to shoot the square whizzing round on the TV screen! LOL. Then came a Commodore VIC 20 in 1982 and loved it! From 1983 onwards that went to make way for a Speccy 128 +2. Since then I (and my Son) have had a Speccy 128 +2A, 2 Megadrives, Mega CD, Megadrive 2, Mega CD 2, Game Gear, 2 Amiga 500's, Amiga CD32, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, NGage, 3 Playstation 1's (2 big & 1 small) and 2 Playstation 2's (big black one and slim silver one)! Oh if I had them and all the hundreds of games now!!

I have had my Grandad of a PC for 8 years now, a TIME AMD Duron 701 MHz processor with 176 MB Ram and a 40 GB HD and boy does it struggle, great for MAME though! I have a PSP and I have a Amiga 1200 (as mentioned before) but I am not benefiting from it! I recently brought a SNES and Games in my bid to collect and go all Retro!
AdSense AdSense