English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 March 2006, 17:14   #81
BippyM
Global Moderator

Sorry this isn't aimed at you... and I understand completely

All products still in development would have been removed..

Sometimes it helps to LIST or tell me what is still being sold as it is very difficult to know..

The fact is I removed all software somebody mentioned and asked me to but still I was threatened with lawyers.. so I closed FTP.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 March 2006, 17:33   #82
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

I don't understand philosophy of working on the product for computer that is dead for more then 10 years, and then mention that you are doing it for 'community' while preventing its distribution...

Guru Meditation, what do you plan when you have 'final' release? Sell it to us?
Old 16 March 2006, 17:39   #83
BippyM
Global Moderator

It is being developed for OS4 I believe!
Old 16 March 2006, 17:58   #84
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Thanks for answer BippyM!

What really bugs me is this:

Quote:
But when I see items that are still actively developed, with people throwing in their hard-earned cash.. sweat, blood and tears.. to get products out to the Amiga community - well, it saddens me.
Buddy, you are apparantly not doing it for 'community' but for your own interest. And yes - it is sad, as this togoether with cloanto kills amiga community. No many new users will come to community where you have to pay to get started...

How refreshing was to read F/A-18 develper's interview where he mentioned that makes him happy that people are still finding attractive his game and are playing it. To bad there is not a lot of people like him...
Old 16 March 2006, 18:03   #85
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Anubis, I agree..... To find a game attractive after 10-15 years "out of production" must be thrilling.

As an Example, I know lots of people who are still playing Transport Tycoon Deluxe for Win95 and DOS, and find it more challenging than ever.... Tom Sawyer made a brilliant masterpiece with that one..... I play it myself, too, and it's as challenging now as it was when released in 1994-1995

As for DOpus for the Classic Amiga..... seriously, they haven't updated Magellan for ClassicAmiga since a long time ago.... those who wanted to buy that one, has done so long time ago.
Old 16 March 2006, 18:07   #86
BippyM
Global Moderator

Maybe Gurumeditation and his team are updating magellan for the classic amigas too!

This guy has been approachable and understanding.. It is the other idiot that is arrogant and doesn't listen to anything or anyone..

Still he got what he wants.. lets hope his company doesn't crash and burn when he completely kills the amiga community!

Making money off of a 12 yr old game and soon to be 20yr old game (If I understood him rightly) which is available for FREE from the developers website is pathetic, self-centred and lame!
Old 16 March 2006, 18:14   #87
GuruMeditation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis
Thanks for answer BippyM!

What really bugs me is this:

Buddy, you are apparantly not doing it for 'community' but for your own interest. And yes - it is sad, as this togoether with cloanto kills amiga community. No many new users will come to community where you have to pay to get started...

How refreshing was to read F/A-18 develper's interview where he mentioned that makes him happy that people are still finding attractive his game and are playing it. To bad there is not a lot of people like him...
So bringing quality software to the Amiga and selling it, that is what is killing the Amiga community? Do you seriously think that people investing in Amiga want nothing back? Do you think that people investing (be it time, or money) will make enough sales to regain what they put down? There are not that many Amiga resellers left on this planet, and even fewer software houses. However, it is more often than not that it is these software "houses" that are producing the big titles, be it ports or genuine Amiga software.

You know, there are demo versions of Magellan. That should be enough to "get started" and then you are perfectly capable of making a decision if you like the software and buy it, or stop using it. If the community was alot bigger, then maybe titles could be given away for free and you could live on the support, but that's not going to happen when 1000 copies sold is considered a smash hit.
Old 16 March 2006, 18:17   #88
Doc Mindie
In deep Trouble

Oh.... so we're talking about MicroSoft after all..... :P

No, I totally see where you're coming from, Bippy.

Most of the developers that used to make stuff for the Amiga, would be thrilled to know that what they made 10-20 years ago are still popular and challenging. At least that's what's in me head.

But I don't think any of them (or at least, 98% of them) would approve of people trying to make money out something they themselves have "abandoned" long ago. It's just MicroSoftish......I mean, tightfisted
Old 16 March 2006, 18:19   #89
BippyM
Global Moderator

@Guru

I completely agree with you here, and I take my hat off to you as you have took a big gamble on a machine that is dead.

I unfortunately don't feel you will make back what you invested, and certainly not enough to live off.

There will I promise you no copies of Dopus 5+ distributed on EAB or on my FTP if I decide to ever re-open it
Old 16 March 2006, 18:22   #90
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
Maybe Gurumeditation and his team are updating magellan for the classic amigas too!

This guy has been approachable and understanding.. It is the other idiot that is arrogant and doesn't listen to anything or anyone..
hmm, i am only arrogant when someone would like make us trouble.

Quote:
Still he got what he wants.. lets hope his company doesn't crash and burn when he completely kills the amiga community!
sure, we release this year more as 10 new amiga products and some rereleases. how many make you for the community?

Quote:
Making money off of a 12 yr old game and soon to be 20yr old game (If I understood him rightly) which is available for FREE from the developers website is pathetic, self-centred and lame!
you understand many wrong... or better.. you understand nothing...
Old 16 March 2006, 18:23   #91
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

There is a new word I learned: "Amiga Resellers".

WHat company makes and sells amiga now days? What reseller is offering amiga as standard product?

Just by checking your web site, and seing the games that are sold without manuals (and BTW, manuals are required to run that game) tells you much about amiga market nowdays. How many real amigas will run in next decade? So market will get smaller, and sooner or later it will end.

Sure, you are holder of the right for software, and it is your right to ask for it to be removed from the FTPs. I do support your decission, but just I can't understand your logic.

I think I remember when you (or someone simillar) were the reson DOpus was removed from AIAB couple of years ago.
Old 16 March 2006, 18:26   #92
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasM
you understand nothing...
I'm not going to get into an argument with you but I underastand the following:

You tell me in PM that DOTC and DOTC will be released by you shorlty (along with wendetta).. now this is going to happen in 1 of 2 ways!

1. You are hoping to sell it
2. It is going to be a freebie mounted on your magazine

the first is immoral and I can't see cinemaware allow that to happen

the second.. well it can be downloaded FREE off their website so why anybody would want to buy your lame-o magazine for that game is beyond me!
Old 16 March 2006, 18:27   #93
GuruMeditation

@BippyM

Thank you, that is greatly appreciated.
Old 16 March 2006, 18:29   #94
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuruMeditation
@BippyM

Thank you, that is greatly appreciated.
No worries mate

AndreasM you could learn alot about diplomacy from this guy.. and you wonder why nobody wants to talk or have anything to do with you...
Old 16 March 2006, 18:30   #95
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

@BippyM - What games are in question?

Isn't DOTC freely available from Cinamaware web site?

http://www.cinemaware.com/clsgame_dotc.asp
Old 16 March 2006, 18:32   #96
AndreasM

Quote:
I'm not going to get into an argument with you but I underastand the following:

You tell me in PM that DOTC and DOTC will be released by you shorlty (along with wendetta).. now this is going to happen in 1 of 2 ways!

1. You are hoping to sell it
2. It is going to be a freebie mounted on your magazine

Quote:
the first is immoral and I can't see cinemaware allow that to happen
we have a licence from Lars for the games. have you a licence for your ftp server?

Quote:
the second.. well it can be downloaded FREE off their website so why anybody would want to buy your lame-o magazine for that game is beyond me!
i am sure you never see our mag

the users buy the mag to read the articles. the 5-10 fullversion on every cd are only a free gif from us to the other stuff on the cd.

and example: Wendetta are NOT free, or StormC are not free, too

>AndreasM you could learn alot about diplomacy from this guy.. and you wonder why nobody wants to talk or have anything to do with you...

We delete last year more as 500 ebay auction, more as 100 pages and ftp server. call 8x police and 15 or 20x our lawyer. dont have fun to diplomacy.

eab members know (is not the first time with illegal copies trouble here) that we watch our copyright, but you dont accept this...
Old 16 March 2006, 18:35   #97
BippyM
Global Moderator

And I am not distributing them....

I'm sorry but what sort of idiot is going to PAY YOU for 20yr old software that they can DOWNLOAD FOR FREE from the developers website..

Excuse me for not having the intelligence to understand you!
Old 16 March 2006, 18:41   #98
AndreasM

Quote:
And I am not distributing them....

I'm sorry but what sort of idiot is going to PAY YOU for 20yr old software that they can DOWNLOAD FOR FREE from the developers website..

Excuse me for not having the intelligence to understand you!
you dont would understand what i mean...

this games, and some other, are a free gift for the users where read our mag. nothing other
Old 16 March 2006, 18:43   #99
MethodGit

I might as well say while this is active that frankly ACP+TCP's online store is total suckage anyway....... your country selection list doesn't even include the UK ferchrissakes!!! (Never mind the fact said list is in german...)

Sorry about that folks. Carry on.
Old 16 March 2006, 18:45   #100
AndreasM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodGit
I might as well say while this is active that frankly ACP+TCP's online store is total suckage anyway....... your country selection list doesn't even include the UK ferchrissakes!!! (Never mind the fact said list is in german...)

Sorry about that folks. Carry on.
hmm, click on the english button?

not the best shop, but it works on all amiga system. nothing other needed
AdSense AdSense