English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 31 January 2006, 13:31   #41
musashi5150
move.w #$4489,$dff07e

I searched through my CD32-444, CD32-888 and CD32 Games & Demos... and I couldn't find a 'whdload.key' file anywhere... ???
AdSense AdSense  
Old 31 January 2006, 13:35   #42
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codetapper
I doubt Bert will do anything for you to be honest:

1. You distribute pirated WHDLoad keys.

2. You pretend that you encourage people to register WHDLoad yet you haven't even registered yourself.

3. You seem to think the WHDLoad guys will be happy to change lots of patches so your crappy pirated CD32 compilations will work without a keyboard. Your attitude so disgusts me that I'm considering ADDING code to each install that requires you to press a key, thus my work cannot be included on your CDs.

4. We only support registered users, send all your other complaints to >NIL: please...

PS: I'm so glad Fuzzball crashes on your CD32 compilation, I wish I knew why that happened so I could make all installs do that.
Proof?

Show me a link or a compilation please
Old 31 January 2006, 17:30   #43
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

I myself won't stand by and allow the persecution of CD32/CDTV based on a false argument and a general dislike for the people who use a CD32/CDTV, it just isn't in the spirit of Amiga; fighting one another and begrudging other peoples happiness.
Although myself i have taken measures to ensure no piracy of WHDLoad keys by a method of injecting your own registered key into an iso otherwise it remains unregistered.
But certain small minded people with a chip on their shoulder just didn't want to hear it.
The fact also remains there is more WHDLoad key piracy amongst desktop Amigas simply because there is more of them than CD32's.
All these people who have made CD32 compilations are just supplying a free service and allowing people to play classic Amiga games on their CD32.
Like WHDLoad allows people to play classic Amiga games on models they wouldn't run on.
The difference is WHDLoad recieves money, the people who do CD32 compilations recieve nothing and ask for nothing in return.
Don't get me wrong we appreciate the work the slave authors do but please don't forget that the whole WHDLoad project isn't a legal eagle either anyway you slice it, and the original authors of these games don't ask for a small commission charge.
My personal opinion is if WHDLoad was free then people who want to write slaves can do it in their free time, if you wanted money for it then don't write slaves.
But for the record i myself have registered.
If we just act like adults and stop belittling one another i'm sure we can talk this through.
Old 31 January 2006, 17:33   #44
BippyM
Global Moderator

The slave authors do NOT receive any money.. Only wepl does and he uses the money to fund the website!

and let's be honest I'm willing to bet get receives less in registrations than the cost of the website!

So in all honesty the slave authors do it for free too...

CODETAPPER: Please provide proof of you allegations
Old 31 January 2006, 18:07   #45
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Their not allegations, Rochabian has made it quite clear that he believes a distributed key on the compilation is a win-win for everyone involved (including bert) and wants to put it on an upcomming cd.

Its not about slave authors wanting money. anyone is free to write a slave for there favurate game. The compilations usualy find there way onto ebay as well so someone is making money out of them. The cd compilation will work absolutly fine without a key so there should be no reason to spread one on such.

One good thing about whdload key piracy is that each new whd version updates a blacklist of known pirated keys making it just a little harder .
Old 31 January 2006, 19:38   #46
BippyM
Global Moderator

Well in that case I fully support codetapper and the other WHDLoad guys!

There is NO reason for spreading the illegal WHDLoad keys and we will not tolerate the spreading or discussing of spreading of supported/commercial software on the EAB!

I suggest Rochabian rethinks his strategies or he'll find this thread locked!
Old 31 January 2006, 20:16   #47
BippyM
Global Moderator

I've had a chat on irc with Whitesnake and it seems that they guys are not distribuing the cd with more than a dummy whdload keyfile that does nothing.

The reason they are doing that is because the hope to supply a tool with the cd that will allow the user to write their own whdload keyfile into their own cdimage for burning.

This then in effect would be no different to that same user uploading their keyfile to the net for distribution.

--

It seems that this CD is going to basically just be KG's whdload packs combined into 1 or 2 iso's and no keyfile will be included.

Persoanlly I see nothing wrong in this, but if wepl has any cause for confirm then please PM me and I'll sort it.
Old 31 January 2006, 20:36   #48
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym
I've had a chat on irc with Whitesnake and it seems that they guys are not distribuing the cd with more than a dummy whdload keyfile that does nothing.
Well that is certainly NOT the case with the CD32 compilations that were on the net 1-2 days ago. The WHDLoad team downloaded it and it was most certainly NOT a dummy WHDLoad keyfile.

Rochabian hasn't even registered himself for goodness sake, how he can say anything about encouraging registrations is a complete joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesnake
Don't get me wrong we appreciate the work the slave authors do but please don't forget that the whole WHDLoad project isn't a legal eagle either anyway you slice it, and the original authors of these games don't ask for a small commission charge.
If the WHDLoad project is not legal then why on earth would you guys want to create these "non legal eagle" compilations and spread them on the net? If somebody wants to make up a compilation for their own use then they can compile the compilations themselves.

This "injecting your key into an ISO image" is also a ridiculous idea, as the final CD with key will end up being spread, then those keys will also be blacklisted.

Instead of pirating keys, you should realise the only method that can work in the long run is to NOT make any compilations until Wepl has created a general CD32 key. And until people like Rochabian prove they have honest intentions by registering, Wepl has no incentive to do anything.
Old 31 January 2006, 20:56   #49
BippyM
Global Moderator

I certainly agree that Rochabian should indeed register himself and I also heard about this keyfile.. Apparently the owner of the key gave it up ?!?!?!?!

I don't condone this behaviour and it is wrong as the key is registered to one person.. If this person no longer needs the key s/he should delete it!

As for injecting (is that the right word) a keyfile into an iso.. I cannot see anything wrong with this as long as the ISO is NOT spread.. if it is and the keyfile becomes blacklisted then it is the users own stupid fault.
Old 31 January 2006, 21:16   #50
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

For info: i don't have steal this keyfile, the man who own this key was sharing it!
Sharing your own key is a piracy act......
Using it isn't..
So please don't hurt me about this
I'll register when WHDLOAD support a CD32 key, not in another way
Developers modify the program to suit their customers desire, the customers doesn't pay to see the modification in a later version............
As you can see, i've deleted my website so there is no possibily to download my comp for now...
People who share it are doing a piracy act......
Codettaper words don't encourage me to register because he don't want to make slave runable on CD32...
And finally @Codettaper: Kickin' me on IRC don't engage a really good and constructive discussion........
Old 31 January 2006, 21:26   #51
BippyM
Global Moderator

You are wrong.. This person has no right to SHARE his keyfile. It is registered to him for his own PRIVATE use and that of ppl who use his machine..

Giving/copying the key is not legal and constitutes piracy.. end of..
Old 31 January 2006, 21:30   #52
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
when the discussion revolved around you constantly asking the same question over andover again asking why you cant share the key with everyone and the argument that it will make whdload recognised and make people want to register...who can blame him for giving you the boot ?. You didnt want to hear that it wasnt allowed no matter how many times it was said.
Old 31 January 2006, 22:11   #53
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

As you surely knows, quite all CD32 comps wich contains WHDLoad games uses the WHDLOAD.key file in the same way...
A file called DPAT is simply the file WHDLOAD.KEY renamed.........WHDLOAD Devellopers surely have seen that because they says that they have downloaded the comps
So why are you all on my comp because, Garys or Frostworks Comp works in the same way, i say a hidden WHDLOAD keyfile.....
Garys comp was done 4 years ago i think ( i'm not sure) so why don't have you realize the problem with CD32 comp earlier
It seems that you're irritated with my comp but i 've just done what some people have done earlier.......with no problems.....
So please don't shout at me because as you can see from all my posts, my intention IS NOT to RUINS WHDLOAD.........
I have in mind my to do a good thing for the Amiga Community releasing a comp with Games & Demos
I see it's not possible to do it in a legal way, that's just it........
KillerGorilla's package can be the same as a CD32 comp iso.........
You could inject a key in the .RAR...............
End of Transmission........
Old 31 January 2006, 22:12   #54
woody57

Rochabian please read the PM sent

If you are to continue as a major distributor you need to comply as currently I am subsidising your distributions with FREE space & transfer......Asking you to register is by comparison a MINOR thing.

Do NOT force me to make this an issue of fairness

The development of a CD32 key NEEDS to be encouraged IF you are NOT prepared to set an example , then you cannot expect the support of others in the community for your area of interest.
Old 31 January 2006, 22:28   #55
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

As you can see Woody, i'ts already done since 2 days: I've deleted all the files and my account and you can change your password administrator if you really think i'm a pirate.......

As you can see in my first posts, my intention was good and i've worked hard on this comp.......

Now you just kill me because i do what others have done without problems......

So i will just retire (good news for WHDLOAD team ) from this forum because i think there is no way to have a really discussion about the problem of the CD32 comps......

Perhaps i will be know as a pirate in this forum, but i've already said that at first, my intention was good and was just to do another good compilation that some people can enjoy

I just want to thanks people who have helped me to do this, Woody too ,
I wish Withesnake will have more chance and find a solution for his comp, that's all.........

Rochabian is R.I.P

PS: You can laugh at me but the problem will be still here.............
Old 31 January 2006, 22:31   #56
BippyM
Global Moderator

The reason there was no confrontation with the other comps is becuase nobody knew or realised at the time a pirated/fake keyfile was included.

I take my hat off to you Rochabian for what you are doing, but that doesn't mean you can supply it with a pirate keyfile.

What you are saying is it is okay for you to rob a shop and get off scott-free because someone else did and got away with it.

Just because somebody else did something and got away with it doesn't mean you can!
Old 31 January 2006, 22:36   #57
ChrisBrownUK
Ex-A500, A1200 & CD32

Cheers Rochabian for your hard work, it was appreciated by the majority of us. Your efforts were not wasted - along with Gary & Frostwork you brought new life to my CD32.

Thank you.
Old 31 January 2006, 22:47   #58
BippyM
Global Moderator

Okay after having a lengthy discussion with Woody in IRC and another chat with whitesnake we have decided to lock this thread and start a new fresh one.

The object of the new thread is to create a LEGAL (as legal as it can get) CD32 compilation working WITH the WHDLoad guys and not against them.

There will be no distributed keyfiles, no keyfile injection etc.. and hopefully some help from the whdload guys will come of it..

Anyway I'll close this thread now and we can await anxiously for the new thread..
AdSense AdSense