English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 19 September 2005, 17:07   #21
StarEye
Zone Friend

I'm not optimistic regarding the truth of these news though, haven't been mentionend anywhere else on the entire net, so I'm in a "we'll see" mode right now.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 02 November 2005, 01:08   #22
StarEye
Zone Friend

Incredible! This was actually TRUE! And it's not a re-release! It's a WHOLE NEW GAME AIMING TO STAY TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL AND MODERNISE IT AT THE SAME TIME! JON HARE IS EVEN THE PROJECT LEADER! I THINK!

What a happy day this is. Go to www.tothegame.com for screenshots. Looks nice!
Old 02 November 2005, 20:57   #23
Nexjen
Abre Los Ojos

Send a message via AIM to Nexjen Send a message via MSN to Nexjen
Not really bothered about this , original and best. Don't see how they can improve it at all.
Old 02 November 2005, 23:29   #24
plasmatron
Zone Friend

I love it. Keep em coming. Even if they are crap or good. More of thoooose please.

But I really hope that it will not as bad as the PSOne version that was named Sensible Soccer 2000 or so? Man this game was crap ! I think they were totaly drunk and stoned and on what ever during that time.
Old 03 November 2005, 01:28   #25
StarEye
Zone Friend

Jon Hare mentioned in an interview that Sensible Soccer '98 was probably the worst Sensible Soccer game EVER, and PARTICULARLY the PSone conversion - which wasn't even done inhouse.

The PC version was at least playable, but I wouldn't rate it very high.

He also said in the same interview (from Eurogamer.net) that he was focusing on the things that made the originals so good while modernising it a bit. And I must say I really like the looks of the screenshots. Maybe we'll finally have an alternative to the more "realistic" games like FIFA or PES. This could actually be for football that Advance Wars is for strategy. Pure gameplay.
Old 03 November 2005, 07:39   #26
Critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexjen
Not really bothered about this , original and best. Don't see how they can improve it at all.
multiplayer son
Old 04 November 2005, 16:16   #27
Whitesnake
Martin Shaw

I just hope it isn't as terrible as the latest sega remakes on the ages compilations Meanwhile you can enjoy one of these poor tv games
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...occer_2_player
Old 04 November 2005, 17:58   #28
StarEye
Zone Friend

The Sensible Soccer on that controller is the one from the Sega Megadrive (or Genesis), and not even remotely as good as SWOS on the amiga. Unfortunately.
Old 06 November 2005, 21:51   #29
Lampit

sensi

The pc version was the best, only because of the JP commentary and crowd chanting, it has to be played with a joystick though. Forget upgrading the game I want the original with two stick joysticks included.........kempston... keeeemmmmpppstonnnn.
Only thing they need to improve is the sendings off for cpu players. cheating cpu's

Old 07 November 2005, 02:52   #30
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Gonna start a post with a couple of quotes

@Bippym

are you guys really gonna pay £30 for this??

Loons!

@Playaveli

lol, for a SWOS relaunch in the old gameplay style i would pay up to 100 €!!!!!!

and there is were we leave the post lol

PS

I do love SWOS its the ONLY footie game there is!!!!! there rest are just eyecandy and EA-to-EAsy!!!!!!!!

sheeesh... hmmm reminds me of a classic saying with all these revivial games....

pop will eat itself.....

lets prey the games enteratinment scene doesn`t eh?
Old 08 November 2005, 01:19   #31
StarEye
Zone Friend

It's a low-budget game. It will not cost £30. It will be a different game. If they changed the name, would that make you buy it? Are you only not buying it because it has Sensible in its title? What is so wrong with buying a game like this? It's a new game fergadsake, it's not a relauch or re-release.

You might as well laugh at the people who bought Metroid Prime for the Nintendo Gamecube. After all, the original is already good enough as it is. Civilization IV, heck why did they even need to make Civ 2? The original is all you need.

Heck, Pitstop II is so good, I don't know why these new ones get made. After all, we only need on racing game, don't we?

I'm really really not seeing the point of being so against a new Sensible Soccer, after all it's not a remake, it's not a case of cashing in, it's a case of a long-awaited return for a franchise that fills a gap that's been left open for many years. What's the point of being so against this?

Also, FIFA 06 isn't easy anymore, although I still don't like it. SWOS is getting WAY to easy for me. Other than that, PES5 is the best football game ever made, sharing first place with SWOS and with Kick Off 2 on a close second. We get an update of PES5 every single year, and FIFA gets two a year. What could possibly be so bad to have the first official Sensible Soccer game since '98? I... just... don't... see... the... point...
Old 08 November 2005, 04:56   #32
BippyM
Global Moderator

Because we don't want to see the name tarnished again if they release utter tripe!
Old 08 November 2005, 10:40   #33
StarEye
Zone Friend

So you'd rather have an incredibly potential game just die out? And then people wonder why gamecompanies never take chances and try something new...
Old 08 November 2005, 18:50   #34
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
So you'd rather have an incredibly potential game just die out? And then people wonder why gamecompanies never take chances and try something new...
Trying somthing new, or cashing in on an old flogged donkey.

Clearly, I am not meaing to say DONT BUY THIS GAME, but please execise caution and not be bought in by just a label and a promise, after all the Amiga community can say they have been on the receiving end of that one for the last decade or so.

I admit i think its because of this i am instantly skeptical when a software company wants to revive an old game, I always ask where the moneys going, (but that could be my age lol)

And you know, i have played many-a-footie since the Amiga ( on console & PC ), and really... there isnt any candle to sensi..

for the simple reason (3 lines):

Your a goal scoring superstar hero
you where you hair down with pride...
Your a goal scoring superstar hero...

*its at this time the joystick fire button is clicked....*

good days.....
Old 08 November 2005, 19:27   #35
StarEye
Zone Friend

Sensible Soccer isn't big enough for cashing in though, and I've met a lot of people who's never tried the games. And those who have, tried the Megadrive version, which was rather flat compared to the amiga-version - which again haven't convinced them of the quality this game.
Old 12 November 2005, 03:15   #36
weasel_ch

If they can recreate the gameplay ... I'll buy it.

In fact reading this I finally rewired a parallel 25 and joy 9 pin adapter and now have SWOS on my PC (AMD 4800+, 7800GTX) , but using my pythons. I literally have a crate of new boxed unopened pythons I bought a few years ago. That was a wise investment

I must be getting soft ... but my fingers are now blistered with button pressing ... F A N B L O O D Y T A S T I C !!!

Every bit as good as I remeber.
Old 03 December 2005, 17:20   #37
SWOS

its not the OLD (classic) Sensible Soccer or Sensible World of Soccer , it a new 3D one , so i guess its going to be a crappy just like Sensible Soccer 1998 on PS1 , if u do a search u will be able to see some screenshots of the new version... the only good thing is that Jon Hare is doing some work in this title ...
Old 05 December 2005, 19:48   #38
StarEye
Zone Friend

Whom already acknowledged the crappiness of Sensibe Soccer '98, stated that they will go back to the original SWOS games in gameplay and have a completely new career mode. And he also said there's going to be a surprise (or two) in there for the old player.

Last edited by StarEye; 05 December 2005 at 20:06.
Old 18 April 2006, 22:01   #39
StarEye
Zone Friend

OMG OMG OMG OMG! (yeah... I'm just a bit too fond of Sensible Soccer)

THIS GAME IS LOOKING STUNNING!

You're a goalscoring superstar hero!

It runs so fluid, so fast and it's looking so good! It's looking to be the best Sensible Soccer yet! And best of all... the original SWOS themesong is back!
Old 18 April 2006, 23:02   #40
Bloodwych

I may get it if it plays well - but it has to be 2 player on the PC or it's a defo no-go.
AdSense AdSense