English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 13 September 2005, 12:12   #21
squirminator2k
Dream17 / PortsCenter guy

A shame. Still:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream17.co.uk
the latest issue of gamesTM, out today, includes a four-page article covering the history of Alien Breed. It's been written by the wonderful Ashley Day who thought he'd give Dream17 a mention in the article, too. In addition to which, a CD-ROM is being released by some of the contributors to Retro Gamer Magazine. It contains interviews with Marcus Dyson and Martyn Brown, as well as tons of other content that would have made it into Retro Gamer Issue 19, had it not been unfortunately cancelled. You can purchase the CD-ROM at RetroSurvival.co.uk.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 September 2005, 00:47   #22
Parsec

Which issue was the Zzap64 tribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatron
Bastartds !!! I`d signed up for a sucripson to RG two months ago. And I`m still waiting for my first issue. And now they are gone. WANKERS !!!
I would hope you'd get your money back you certainly should do. Trouble is though, I notice above the phrase "into administration". As a newish MG driver this work strikes fear into me, the administrators are only concered with closing the company with the best possible balance sheet and they don't give a monkeys about customers.

I had parts for my car sitting on the dealers shelf that were ordered under warranty, the car was booked in for work, then the company went bust, they cancelled by booking and refused to let me have my parts

But I hope you get your money back.
Old 05 October 2005, 17:52   #23
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Bloody hell another decent mag bites the dust!

So if im right, not only retro gamer has gone but live publishing aswell? I have just paid for the Def zzap64 tribute on the site and then I noticed forum threads about retro gamer being dead.

Ah well it was only £2 but that means I wont get that zzap 64 reprint now I guess
Old 07 October 2005, 17:51   #24
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy
Dr: let me know if you don`t get it.. because I have a sealed copy. with the tribute sitting here if you want it...
Thanks for the offer man, but a friend here has given away his copy of the last issue. Live did manage to send the Zzap tribute, so I'm happy enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-Zark-7
Have you seen that one in Oz out of interest? Only seen the issue with stuff related to a couple of Sega titles (Panzer Dragoon), locally, would be curious to see the Zzap tribiute.
Last issue of Retro Gamer hit the newsagent shelves here in Perth 1-2 weeks ago. Can't miss it.....it's got a big Last Ninja DVD case attached to the front.
Old 09 October 2005, 18:55   #25
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong
Thanks for the offer man, but a friend here has given away his copy of the last issue. Live did manage to send the Zzap tribute, so I'm happy enough!

Last issue of Retro Gamer hit the newsagent shelves here in Perth 1-2 weeks ago. Can't miss it.....it's got a big Last Ninja DVD case attached to the front.
I've seen it in passing by the newsagents,but haven't had a chance to see if the Zzap tribute made it yet-thanks for the low-down though. Last Ninja coverage should be interesting-If memory serves I've heard mention they'd managed to track down John Twiddy for a rare interview.
Old 10 October 2005, 10:02   #26
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

RG is NOT yet in Admin.. its in a pre-Admin form which basically means jack happens. You cannot lodge a claim for your money for part filled subs and so on. This is a worse situation for those owed money!
Old 10 October 2005, 13:31   #27
Skynet

All in all, this was a great magazine. Although a bit expensive for the Greek standards, I got mostly all issues. Seems that retrofreaks like us, are not that many to "compile" a magazine target group. It's a shame though. There is always the net ofcourse...

Old 12 October 2005, 01:58   #28
stuntman

It was a good read but a bit expensive, no doubt partly due to the coverdisc which I never bothered with. I'd have bought it more regularly if there'd been a no disc edition with suitably reduced price tag.

Old 12 October 2005, 02:14   #29
LeeT
At Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid
RG is NOT yet in Admin.. its in a pre-Admin form which basically means jack happens. You cannot lodge a claim for your money for part filled subs and so on. This is a worse situation for those owed money!
According to Merman at the Retro Survival forums, it IS in administration. He made this post at the end of September:

Quote:
Live Publishing officially went into administration on the 27th of September. Creditors should be receiving letters from the administrators this week.
Old 28 October 2005, 12:53   #30
Big-Byte
Long time member

Retro Gamer has been bought out and will be re-released on 4th December!

all the info here:

http://forum.retrosurvival.co.uk/ind...topic=987&st=0

Personally Im still waiting to see what they are going to offer existing subscribers but either way I'll buy the new magazine.
Old 28 November 2005, 21:20   #31
ant512

Um, what the *hell* was that all about? Is this a Babelfish translation?
Old 28 November 2005, 23:06   #32
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Lol ant512 .. I had the same thoughts in another thread
Old 29 November 2005, 13:16   #33
woody57

Ok Mr Orgasm as I am the master of dead English & typo's

I conclude that nikemoto2511 has indeed started the "talking to your self" in thread syndrome.

This is a very serious condition as it leads to visitors ignoring the post.

So please nikemoto2511 try to concise your requests to single lines

Then at least you MIGHT get a reply
Old 29 November 2005, 20:51   #34
mr_0rga5m

At least Woody57 has his age to blame his 'condition' on .. nikemoto2511 states he's only 30 !
Old 30 November 2005, 15:36   #35
mr_0rga5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikemoto2511
i am looking for "slightly insane" sentences, robots and computer game characters speaking "wrong grammar slang" but "different wrong from real slang". this means, the robot does not simply say "you supid slot". oh no, more refined irony, displaying "self contained hilarity" (not all people can recognize it, though).
Well the most famous here is All your bases are belong to us .. isnt it ?

(Zero Wing Introduction)
Old 30 November 2005, 21:36   #36
ant512

1. It clearly *is* off topic, whatever it is you're talking about. This thread was (originally) about Retro Gamer, not lost BASS CDs or Engrish translations
2. You got the Alex Kidd quote wrong;
3. I think this guy is a bot. Can we ban him now?
Old 01 December 2005, 12:39   #37
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikemoto2511
2. i believe you(click here if "this" is not you) are: a cyborg implementation of "the evil tyrant janken-genom II-512 beta" somehow in the distance and not neccessarily combustible under the terms and regulations for online-based refurbishment and auction supported entertainment conspiration.
What?
Old 01 December 2005, 13:09   #38
BippyM
Global Moderator

and you are clearly off-topic.. now get back on topic or I'll prune the off topic posts!
AdSense AdSense