English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 17 September 2008, 22:10   #201
Marcuz
Wurk???

piratebay is no more accessible from italy, but that's ok because i have already all the games it's just the screenshots i miss
AdSense AdSense  
Old 17 September 2008, 22:29   #202
Dizzy
Pirate

oh grab this site http://tacgr.emuunlim.com/
Old 17 September 2008, 22:55   #203
Marcuz
Wurk???

hahhahha... that's the place i came looking for CPC in the first place!

no matter, i've solved for tonite, i will grab the gamebase release anyway
Old 17 September 2008, 22:58   #204
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post

Good choice, it's a nice CPC setup.
Old 17 September 2008, 23:26   #205
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli Send a message via Skype™ to NewDeli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
These are decent CPC games, when you turn off the volume:

Exolon
Nebulus
Cybernoid 2
Arkanoid 2
Antiriad
Barbarian 1 & 2
Stormlord 1 & 2
Sure, the CPC sound chip doesn't have the smoothness of the C64 one , but I think turning the volume down does the trick, except if you perceive something close to a drilling noise coming of the speakers, putting your ears at risk !

By the way, still waiting for Logitech to put up a better looking keyboard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amstrad-cpc464-large.gif
Views:	142
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	18010  
Old 17 September 2008, 23:38   #206
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

The CPC is a good weapon, blunt weapon bonus +5.
Old 18 September 2008, 01:20   #207
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli Send a message via Skype™ to NewDeli
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
Please, search the forum before asking questions that have already been answered !

Just joking, have fun pal & feel free to download CPC longplays from netcomet.info ENG Download Pad !

Last edited by Graham Humphrey; 18 September 2008 at 07:45. Reason: Fixed 'quote' tag
Old 18 September 2008, 01:27   #208
Harrison
classicamiga.com

The CPC464 was the first home computer I personally owned. I had used Spectrums, C64's and many different Acorn BBCs, but the first system you ever got to personally own was always something special.

I remember the heated arguments in the playground over which system was better. In reality they all had good and bad points and on the whole the CPC saw most games ported, and a lot of them were good version. There were obviously loads of direct spectrum ports so those saw no advantages of the CPC's better hardware, and some were just badly written. But some such as Gryzor really showed what the system could do.

Great memories. I still fire up some CPC emulation from time to time to relive some of the games I used to enjoy. Even Roland on the Ropes brings back some good memories! :
Old 18 September 2008, 08:27   #209
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Please check the site where i'm co-administrator :

http://www.phenixinformatique.com/CP...age=lastupdate

You'll find tons of Games in Tape and disk format.

- Original protected versions Disc or Tape
- Cracked version Disc or Tape

Enjoy !
Old 18 September 2008, 08:38   #210
s2325
Zone Friend

http://cpcgamereviews.com/ reviews, screenshots and download
Old 18 September 2008, 10:30   #211
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
The CPC464 was the first home computer I personally owned. I had used Spectrums, C64's and many different Acorn BBCs, but the first system you ever got to personally own was always something special.

I remember the heated arguments in the playground over which system was better. In reality they all had good and bad points and on the whole the CPC saw most games ported, and a lot of them were good version. There were obviously loads of direct spectrum ports so those saw no advantages of the CPC's better hardware, and some were just badly written. But some such as Gryzor really showed what the system could do.

Great memories. I still fire up some CPC emulation from time to time to relive some of the games I used to enjoy. Even Roland on the Ropes brings back some good memories! :
It was also my first system, the CPC 464, hehe. I think it had cost around 300 with the green screen monitor. My father managed to pick up a colour one for 2 about 6 months after at an auction. Getting that monitor for 2 must have been the bargain of last century?
Old 18 September 2008, 12:45   #212
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Read only so many of the comments here but i find some of the things said as interesting

Amstrads were obviously not up to the task of easily moving stuff all that well and that colour scheme was an aquired taste, but like most 8bits really, i still have very fond memories

I sometimes measure how much i enjoy a machine by how warm it's atmosphere is and it's here that Amstrad does rather well.The C64 with it's washed out palette was rather cold in comparison (i however love the cloudy day atmosphere the C64 has) even though it's by far the best of all these machines overall

To be honest any machine you spend a good amount of time with normally ends up making a lasting memory and it doesn't actually matter which machine is best if it's the one you had at the time.ST's were basically like Amiga's without any of the good stuff for scrolling etc but i loved the machine and it's yucky os which is obviously ghastly compared to what Amiga has

Amstrads had a lovely warm blue background with yellow writing on start up and it felt the nicest of all 8bit machines in this respect if you were dabbling with it's programming language.Fairly pukey palette overall of course but like the Spectrum, this was part of it's lasting charm

C64 was probably the best mix of everything (great hardware for arcade stuff and the amazing sid) and was the PS2 of it's day.Struggled with 3d of course but like the PS2 it got pushed harder than the other machines i would say.The Atari should have trounced the C64 in truth though and i'm not sure ive' ever seen much great running on it - always looks like lego compared to even the C64's chunky sprites and same too i guess with most Amstrad games.In fact it was C64's limited but more natural looking colours that made for more realistic(if you could call it that) looking graphics - not at all garish were they

Great days the 8bits though i'm rather glad i didn't have an MSX after all

Last edited by Adropac2; 18 September 2008 at 12:56.
Old 18 September 2008, 15:36   #213
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
The CPC is a good weapon, blunt weapon bonus +5.
the cpc monitor is good for pressing flowers ....gh**
Old 18 September 2008, 15:58   #214
_ThEcRoW
Amiga Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adropac2 View Post
Great days the 8bits though i'm rather glad i didn't have an MSX after all
You glad of missing the best 8 bit machine of all times????.
I ran circles over the c64 or cpc.
Old 27 September 2008, 22:04   #215
Adropac2
Zone Friend

You're right of course, quite a capable machine, i suppose what i mean is i wouldn't want to change my past choice as these memories now are all warm and fuzzy, unlike my memories of MSX which i never actually got to see outside of Penguin Adventure

I imagined it as a better machine you see after seeing this game and were i to have seen the two machines running side by side, i might have been suprised how less great in some ways a comparison to the C64 was.I do remember though walking into Dixons and wanting more than anything an MSX after seeing that Penguin game

As for running circles around the C64, maybe in some areas yes

Last edited by Adropac2; 27 September 2008 at 23:40.
Old 27 September 2008, 23:25   #216
Marcuz
Wurk???

i'm sure you know this very fine thread, but still...
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=1473
Old 05 March 2009, 10:24   #217
girv
Reticulator of Splines

Send a message via ICQ to girv Send a message via AIM to girv Send a message via MSN to girv Send a message via Yahoo to girv
Hooooo What's up with CPC Zone?

Anyone have any more details on the shutdown of CPC Zone ? Other than what is announced on the homepage, I mean.

Quote:
CPC Zone is currently offline due to persistent attacks on the server, the forum and various other things that are going on right now which I will not get into here. The site may reopen at a later date but I'm unable to commit to a date and time. The data that I painstakingly collected over the years is safe and sound, nothing has been lost.

Thanks to everyone for supporting the site this far, as I said earlier this is not technically the end of the site but it defintely needs a rest until some of the annoying issues are resolved.

Malc Jennings.
Old 05 March 2009, 11:00   #218
s2325
Zone Friend

what is the reason for attacking retro site?
Old 09 March 2009, 01:59   #219
girv
Reticulator of Splines

Send a message via ICQ to girv Send a message via AIM to girv Send a message via MSN to girv Send a message via Yahoo to girv
CPC Zone is back up now, though the forums have moved to CPCWiki and the old posts and accounts have gone.

The text on the homepage would suggest someone just hacked a vulnerable server (the CPC Zone one) to use as a base for other nefarious activities, not caring what the server actually did.
Old 10 March 2009, 00:18   #220
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
By the way, still waiting for Logitech to put up a better looking keyboard
I loved the 464 keyboard for the primary coloured keys; my IBM Thinkpad has some pale blue buttons such as Enter like on the CPC and I sometimes wish it had some red and green ones also
AdSense AdSense