English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 13 September 2004, 10:54   #81
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomMaster
Did you ever stop to think that just maybe "I do know it all"? I am not saying that I do, but I DO know more about the Amiga and Atari ST computers then you and most of the other people in this group. I am not being "arrogant" when I mention that I am the DoomMaster. Afterall, my name is indeed famous, but yours is not. Just accept that and stop being jealous or envious of me. I am actually a very nice guy. I just don't take any crap from people. I could be a good friend to you, but YOU must first change your attitude toward me.
I don't care if you're the fookin Pope your an arrogant prick!!

I don't care if you single handedly designed, marketed, sold Amiga or ST your an arrogant prick!!

I don't have to show any self-centred, big-headed arrogant prick anything, and as for me being jealous... what have I got to be jealous of? the size of your head or your ego?

Your name is indeed famous and it does indeed have a reputation and that reputation is:

The ability to talk absolute bollox to anyone regarding the Amiga, the nastiness to sell people pirated copies of disks and also to rip people off by selling them hardware that never turns up!!

Doommaster my arse, more like GloomyBastard!!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 September 2004, 11:27   #82
manicx

Can we get back in topic please? I thought that Stefan added possitively to the topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Please keep talking about "sync", having a poke at YM registers through ASM doesn't mean you know anything about music composition. I mean, you are saying a chip is comparable to another because someone had created an effect or technique that makes teh chip sound similar to ONE waveform of the SID.
Do you know everything about music composition? I suppose not. I know enough though when it comes down to ST sound and I talked about the ST sound, something that you know less than me. I thought it will be interesting to explain a few things though . As for chips comparison, I thought that many people in this topic compared the ST and the Amiga (including yourself) sound although they are different chips. It's not bad comparing, thing is to know a few things before comparing.

There are several tunes with sid-voice that sound a bit like C64 sounds, trust me on that. You can't judge from 1 or 2 YMs. Thing is that YMing on the ST has nothing to do with YMing on the CPC and Spectrum.

Thing is that nobody tried to imitate SID. That's why it was called Sid-voice. And I think I will disagree that they were fake sounds. When you have a specific hardware and you just use it to a great extend to develop something, it is not fake. Both the Atari ST and the Amiga were famous for pushing the hardware beyond their limits. What counts is the final outcome achieved through the current h/w. Regarding audio on the ST, all these effects make it sound different to what we already know from other computers based on the YM2149 chip. The reason for that is the extended ST YM scene as Stefan said, that pushed the hardware to its limits.

@Doomaster: Do you have any Falcons for sale?
Old 13 September 2004, 18:10   #83
EternalAmiga

DOOMMASTER

I hope that you get to read this before/if it gets deleted, I really do.

I have been reading Amiga boards for a long time and have seen the level of your shit on Amiga.org

Now you come and invade one of the last great Amiga havens, EAB. I don't post often but I have to post this:

You are an idiot, an absolute fucken moron. I have had enough of reading your shit.

You create maps for Doom so you are the DoomMaster? Give me a break, in the REAL world you are a nobody who has to come on the internet and attempt to ruin the polite conversations of others so that you can feel good about yourself.

You say you don't take any crap, Im visiting the USA from Australia soon on business. If you don't take crap what is your address? I would fork out my own money to detour from my trip and see how much crap you don't take.

I apologise in advance to other members of EAB who from my experience are mostly great blokes/gals, but try reading this guys crap for a few months and you will be as annoyed as I am. Sorry guys.
Old 13 September 2004, 20:44   #84
DoomMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalAmiga
DOOMMASTER

I hope that you get to read this before/if it gets deleted, I really do.

I have been reading Amiga boards for a long time and have seen the level of your shit on Amiga.org

Now you come and invade one of the last great Amiga havens, EAB. I don't post often but I have to post this:

You are an idiot, an absolute fucken moron. I have had enough of reading your shit.

You create maps for Doom so you are the DoomMaster? Give me a break, in the REAL world you are a nobody who has to come on the internet and attempt to ruin the polite conversations of others so that you can feel good about yourself.

You say you don't take any crap, Im visiting the USA from Australia soon on business. If you don't take crap what is your address? I would fork out my own money to detour from my trip and see how much crap you don't take.

I apologise in advance to other members of EAB who from my experience are mostly great blokes/gals, but try reading this guys crap for a few months and you will be as annoyed as I am. Sorry guys.
You are wrong about me. It sounds like YOU are an "idiot" and a "fucken moron". The word is "fucking", learn how to spell. I know that you are just jealous of my popularity. A lot of you guys are. It is true that I have created some of the best addon maps in the world for Doom II, Blood, Duke Nukem, and Shadow Warrior. If you want, I can teach you how to create good maps too. I can see why you have been reading my posts on Amiga Org for months, I posted some great stuff and helped a lot of people solve their Amiga problems. Wayne and a few of the moderators got jealous of my popularity. There was even a post where Wayne was bragging to everybody how he banned me. That pissed a lot of people off. They told Wayne that he should not have banned me because they liked me. I made the forums less boring and that I was one of the only members who actually helped people. Many folks left Amiga Org because I was banned (they emailed me and told me so). Now, a few of the members on Amiga Org that hate me are spreading lies about me. That's ok. I WILL RETURN TO AMIGA ORG to deal with these punks soon. I can change my IP at will, they will not be able to stop the DoomMaster's wrath. Amiga Org is using the php software which I can very easily hack into and fuck it up. I had already warned them that I would do this if they did not stop harassing me. I have been a member of one of the biggest pirate and hacker groups in the world since 1985. This organization still exists today, but is kept secret for obvious reasons. The average PC has about 10,000 ports that can be accessed by a hacker. Have you ever wondered why you guys now need "SpyWare Detection" software installed on your computers? It is because companies pay hackers to write to your Windows Registry or even install software on your hard drive, without you knowing about it. I proved to this one woman how easy it is for me to trace a web connection and see what credit card numbers she typed into her PayPal account. I tracked her down through 29 different servers to Sweden. I then emailed her with the following information: Name, Address, Phone Number, Credit Card Number she was using on PayPal, her eBay account information, what version of Windows she was using, and all of the places she had visited on the internet that day. She was amazed that I was able to track her down and get so much "private" information from her computer. I told her that she should empty the Temporary Internet folder and clear the History folder every day. And to also delete the Cookies everyday. I told her to also install a good firewall and a spyware checking program. I also informed her that it would be a good idea if she changes her IP address everyday too. She thanked me for my advice. Anyway, you would be wise to keep your big mouth shut, you just might learn something from me.

Old 13 September 2004, 21:26   #85
BippyM
Global Moderator

I am getting bored of reading your crap now..

Please go back to the slimey little rock you came from, leave us all alone, and go piss off someone on a shit forum!

On a side note is there anything you are crap at??
Old 13 September 2004, 21:41   #86
Akira

One more shit posting from doomMaster on this thread and I'll be forced to close it. Sorry guys, I'd like to keep the atari St conversation going but if he keeps postiong garbage and irritating people, I'll have to close it.
Old 13 September 2004, 21:48   #87
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by manicx
Do you know everything about music composition?
No, I'm not going to be an arrogant twat like this guy above, but I know what I need to know, and regarding ST tracking, you are right in saying I'm quite the 'n00b', but all these chips have been "pushed" similarly so you CAN make sortf of a bridge between their evolution.

Quote:
There are several tunes with sid-voice that sound a bit like C64 sounds, trust me on that. You can't judge from 1 or 2 YMs. Thing is that YMing on the ST has nothing to do with YMing on the CPC and Spectrum.
It sounds like an YM trying to sound like a SID. Please accept the fact, that they both sound completely different. Each chip is so unique that its qualities pour through every composition you hear! Sorry, but I don't think that sounds like SID at all, and a YM sounds like a YM, and that's why I got a bunch of YM machines to use for my music (no ST yet though, I have trouble finding one for a price I can afford, can anybody help me? )

Quote:
Thing is that nobody tried to imitate SID. That's why it was called Sid-voice.
You do see the contradiction in this ilne, right?
Quote:
And I think I will disagree that they were fake sounds.
Yes, these are "fake" effects. I didn't say sound (you hear them, so they are real ). They are a byproduct of the clever programming done by very clever guys. I call it fake because it is not under the YM or SID chip specification to do certain things, these effects you mention and stuff like the digital "4th channel" on the SID, are fake, because they are not possible by the hardware spec of the chips. As you said, these effects you talk about are only possible in an ST. If they were "true" effects, they would be possible in a ZX too.I think the sample reproduction in an ST is created in a similar way as that of the SID but I'm not sure, I would like to have a better description, got any links?

I can make my electribe sound like if it was a man talking, but that does not mean that it has speech synthesis! It's just a product of my clever programming of its sound.
Old 13 September 2004, 21:51   #88
Stefan Lindberg
Zone Friend

The "sid-voice","sync-buzzer" and other sounds might be "fake" YM2149-sounds but they are true Atari ST-sounds

and i agree that Stu's music is refreshing, it's not in traditional demo-style.

I can recommend the following webpage for MP3 downloads of new Atari music:
http://ymrockerz.creamhq.de/mp3.php
Even Jochen Hippel (Mad Max) does a guest apperance on one the YM-Rockerz demos (spinning wheels) it is probably his newest music so it could be interesting for those who wondered how his music evolved... i reckon Hippel was wellknown also on Amiga?
Old 13 September 2004, 22:05   #89
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Lindberg
The "sid-voice","sync-buzzer" and other sounds might be "fake" YM2149-sounds but they are true Atari ST-sounds
I said it before, they are fake EFFECTS or capabilities, but the sonds are TRUE, you hear them, don't you?

I love Stu's stuff, and that is what I like to see in the scene, REFRESHING stuff not the same old 1990s shit being done in 2004. In the C64, there are a bunch of composers going this "refreshing" route as well, but obvioulsy the bigger number like to do the "let's compose like if we were stuck in the 1980s" stuff.

I heard the stuff by YM Rockerz, and it sounds not so refreshing to me either. I confess not having a listen to tehm in ages so I wil go to tehir page again and download some stuff..

My current fave song (YM or otherwise!) it's "chiprape" by Stu. That song is a perfect, PERFECT breakbeats song, completely laid out in AAtari ST YM brilliance. This guy is one to look forward to. people like him is what I consider to be the future of composition in all these old chips and computers.

hippel did stuff on the Amiga but I think he was much better on teh ST, teh absolute KING of ST sound.
Old 13 September 2004, 22:11   #90
Stefan Lindberg
Zone Friend

ok.. i used the wrong word... just replace "sounds" words i wrote with "effects"
Old 13 September 2004, 23:30   #91
oldpx

Quote:
Amiga Org is using the php software which I can very easily hack into and fuck it up. I had already warned them that I would do this if they did not stop harassing me. I have been a member of one of the biggest pirate and hacker groups in the world since 1985.
Please do that and have your ass sued. To speed up the arresting process I'll enter some information:

[edit by akira: information edited by request and with agreement of the original poster]

Last edited by Akira; 14 September 2004 at 01:17.

Old 14 September 2004, 00:14   #92
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burseg
Please do that and have your ass sued. To speed up the arresting process I'll enter some information:

[edit by akira: information edited by request and with agreement of the original poster]
LOL

Somebody has a bomb(astic idea of the present we all should send him)?

Last edited by Akira; 14 September 2004 at 01:19.
Old 14 September 2004, 00:25   #93
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay
LOL

Somebody has a bomb(astic idea of the present we all should send him)?
Yes, but it will take me eating Taco Bell for a week, a scoup, a waterproof ziplock bag, an M-80, and some biohazard stickers for the box (USPS rules ya know).
Old 14 September 2004, 01:09   #94
Akira

Bwahahaha
Old 14 September 2004, 03:17   #95
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

DoomMaster is famous!

Quote:
Did you ever stop to think that just maybe "I do know it all"? I am not saying that I do, but I DO know more about the Amiga and Atari ST computers then you and most of the other people in this group.
Despite your arrogance I bet a lot of people on here know a lot more than yourself. I've found that people that brag about their knowledge are generally the ones that know a little but claim to know a lot.

Is that Amiga knowledge of yours of the general variety or special expertise in how to rip people off, how to extract $10 for a blank Amiga disk, how to take money on EBay without sending goods, how to make it look like you're selling an original when you are selling a copy etc?

Quote:
I am not being "arrogant" when I mention that I am the DoomMaster. Afterall, my name is indeed famous, but yours is not. Just accept that and stop being jealous or envious of me.
Famous eh, sorry mate but you're small-fry. Search your name in Google, then search mine:

Results 1 - 10 of about 1,450 for doommaster. (0.43 seconds)
Results 1 - 10 of about 37,200 for codetapper. (0.29 seconds)

And if you took out all the complaints, your number would probably half again!I will admit that you are probably more famous on auction sites than me, although that's hardly the kind of fame you want!

Old 14 September 2004, 03:50   #96
redblade
Zone Friend

h0h0h0.

to bad this argument wasn't taking place in real life in a hall or down a road or something. It might turn a bit hmm Violent .

But some of the Atari game music sounded quite nice and chippy, I'll still choose my first love tho. The amiga =].
Old 14 September 2004, 04:41   #97
EternalAmiga

Quote:
You are wrong about me. It sounds like YOU are an "idiot" and a "fucken moron". The word is "fucking", learn how to spell. I know that you are just jealous of my popularity. A lot of you guys are. It is true that I have created some of the best addon maps in the world for Doom II, Blood, Duke Nukem, and Shadow Warrior. If you want, I can teach you how to create good maps too. I can see why you have been reading my posts on Amiga Org for months, I posted some great stuff and helped a lot of people solve their Amiga problems. Wayne and a few of the moderators got jealous of my popularity. There was even a post where Wayne was bragging to everybody how he banned me. That pissed a lot of people off. They told Wayne that he should not have banned me because they liked me. I made the forums less boring and that I was one of the only members who actually helped people. Many folks left Amiga Org because I was banned (they emailed me and told me so). Now, a few of the members on Amiga Org that hate me are spreading lies about me. That's ok. I WILL RETURN TO AMIGA ORG to deal with these punks soon. I can change my IP at will, they will not be able to stop the DoomMaster's wrath. Amiga Org is using the php software which I can very easily hack into and fuck it up. I had already warned them that I would do this if they did not stop harassing me. I have been a member of one of the biggest pirate and hacker groups in the world since 1985. This organization still exists today, but is kept secret for obvious reasons. The average PC has about 10,000 ports that can be accessed by a hacker. Have you ever wondered why you guys now need "SpyWare Detection" software installed on your computers? It is because companies pay hackers to write to your Windows Registry or even install software on your hard drive, without you knowing about it. I proved to this one woman how easy it is for me to trace a web connection and see what credit card numbers she typed into her PayPal account. I tracked her down through 29 different servers to Sweden. I then emailed her with the following information: Name, Address, Phone Number, Credit Card Number she was using on PayPal, her eBay account information, what version of Windows she was using, and all of the places she had visited on the internet that day. She was amazed that I was able to track her down and get so much "private" information from her computer. I told her that she should empty the Temporary Internet folder and clear the History folder every day. And to also delete the Cookies everyday. I told her to also install a good firewall and a spyware checking program. I also informed her that it would be a good idea if she changes her IP address everyday too. She thanked me for my advice. Anyway, you would be wise to keep your big mouth shut, you just might learn something from me.
idiot
Old 14 September 2004, 09:23   #98
wlcina

Admin should rename his account to CockMaster with tag [popular]
Old 14 September 2004, 11:05   #99
manicx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
It sounds like an YM trying to sound like a SID. Please accept the fact, that they both sound completely different. Each chip is so unique that its qualities pour through every composition you hear! Sorry, but I don't think that sounds like SID at all, and a YM sounds like a YM, and that's why I got a bunch of YM machines to use for my music (no ST yet though, I have trouble finding one for a price I can afford, can anybody help me? )
Oh yes, they sound different, this is a fact. In many cases, especially the sync buzzer effect sounds like sid. Although the sid-voice effect was supposed to make it sound like SID, I think the sync buzzer gets closer. I still remember listening to a remix of a LN2 sound on the ST that sounded exectly like a C64... Unfortunately, it's being a long time since I was involved with the production of music on YM2149 and I don't have the time to start learning how to use a synth tracker or start writing 68k ASM to try and make a sid sound again...

Quote:
Yes, these are "fake" effects. I didn't say sound (you hear them, so they are real ). They are a byproduct of the clever programming done by very clever guys. I call it fake because it is not under the YM or SID chip specification to do certain things, these effects you mention and stuff like the digital "4th channel" on the SID, are fake, because they are not possible by the hardware spec of the chips. As you said, these effects you talk about are only possible in an ST. If they were "true" effects, they would be possible in a ZX too.I think the sample reproduction in an ST is created in a similar way as that of the SID but I'm not sure, I would like to have a better description, got any links?
I will borrow the term used by Stefan, they are TRUE ST sounds! But I love them. I spend last evening listening to YMs and I found two examples of very good sounds. Ot's basically the same YM in two different YM types. One is YM5 (SID) and the other is YM6 (this is the best format and the specific YM is certainly with sync-buzzer). You can listen to the difference. I may make them MP3s and upload them somewhere tomorrow so you can see the difference between two of the most popular ST sound effects. As for a link try this. It's not the most detailed info on the web, but leonard is one of the ST sceners who knows YMing VERY well... I am not sure if there are any tools to play YMs on the Mac, but if you know of any I have 16.4 Mb of YMs, compressed as ZIP!
Old 14 September 2004, 16:48   #100
Akira

Stefan, thank you very much for reminding me about YM Rockerz. I downloaded all their releases again, and between them, have found 5 or 6 great tunes, (one from Stu and all! ). The rest was the usual 80s/90s mishmash I'm not interested to hear. but the tunes I did find to be worth listening, were awesome!

<rant>
Now, you said Stu's stuff was not very "demoscene style". This is a perfect scenario to describe what I mean about old synthchip composers. To many, the "demoscene style" is about making music like if we were stuck in the 80s or 90s ("as if we're in '82", Miss Kittin would say ). if this was true, the Amiga scene would have been chockful of this retro lameshit and would have not progressed. rob Hubbard, Chris Hulsbeck and all those artists, composed music influenced by the music they were listening to at that moment. But these people I talk about make music in the style of these old composers, therefore they sound like the music thos composer listened to back then! I mean, this is 2004, and surely there's other music out there which you listen to and influences you. I mean, I'm not influenced by Synergy or Jarre, even when I heard about them, is not the sort of music I am interested in nowadays, so, why would I want to compose like that? Just because it's the supposed "demoscene style"? I have to strongly disagree. To me the "demoscene style" is that of continuos innovation! This is not an attack to you Stefan, but this is how lots of people think of the demoscenes and I don't like it. We could take this to another thread on its own
</rant>

ManicX, I have loads of YM choons I dont know if as many as you, but quite a lot for now! first I'll find a good YM player for Mac. Thanks for the offer.
AdSense AdSense