English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 October 2001, 15:58   #1
timelord4life

WinUae 0.8.17 R2

I just dloaded this prog. and got my kickstart roms over to it and have the workbench .adf files but I have 6 .adf file and when I try to install it the first disk goes ok with me picking under floppies df0 the path and first disk file but then it askes for disk 2 and i cannt pick it or it says insert workbench disk. any ideas

thanks

AdSense AdSense  
Old 14 October 2001, 16:20   #2
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

?!?!?!

To begin with, you need to use more than one long sentence so that your problem can be easier understood.

Next, you need to read the announcements on the board. At the top of this section (> Problems > Emulators) is an Announcement at the very top. It states clearly to please read, which you should do. It has a link in there to the Amiga emulation FAQ which can answer most newbie questions like yours. My guess is you need the F12 key, but it also sounds like you need more help than this, as additional issues will follow if you are not familiar with Amiga emulation.

The Announcement is here:
http://eab.abime.net/announcement.php?s=&forumid=5

and the Amiga Emulation FAQ is here:
http://www.blizzard.u-net.com/uae_faq.html

In closing, when you are having a problem and request help here, try to give more useful information about the issues you are experiencing. You gave the emulator and version number in the subject field, which is good, but it's unclear which ROM, which WB/OS, and what exactly you are trying to run. Are you trying to install a game? To a hard drive? An HDF file? If so, do you have a HD setup? It's impossible to help without more information on what it is you're trying to do.
Old 14 October 2001, 17:15   #3
Paul
RIP Friends

If you are booting up with the workbench disk thats your problem.
Make sure you boot up with the install disk and use df1-3 drive for the other disks.
Old 14 October 2001, 19:32   #4
timelord4life

Thanks Ghost .. I think

Maybe next time you can be a bit less of a condecending prick in your reply.

Old 14 October 2001, 19:48   #5
Akira

He's not a condescending prick, he's trying to help someone who cannot write to save his momma. I really didn't understand squat of the gibberish you posted.

He took the time and effort to try to reply you and this is how you thank him, calling him a prick. How nice.
AdSense AdSense