English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 05 April 2005, 09:38   #1
JamieKrueger

BITbyBIT announces The Foundation Development Subscription Plan!

*** FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE ***

BITbyBIT Software Group LLC is happy to announce the launch
of a new project: The Advanced Visual Developer (or AVD) for
AmigaOS4(tm), and The Foundation Development Subscription Plan!

"The Advanced Visual Developer" is targeted to empower both
the novice and professional alike with the tools necessary to
greatly reduce development cycle times, and bring professional
quality software to the AmigaOS4(tm) platform quickly and easily.

"The Foundation Development Subscription Plan" offers an opportunity
for Amiga developers and supporters to gain access to these powerful
tools as they are built, and to have a voice in their development.
PLUS receive full licensed versions of the AVD Suite of tools as they
are released to the public. All for only US $10.00 a month!

New subscribers of the Foundation Development Plan will also receive
the complete source code for AVD Template V1.0, a ready to build and
run skeleton AmigaOS4(tm) application as a BONUS gift! This source
is provided to help jump start subscribers into making their own AmigaOS4(tm)
applications today! It is not freeware or Open Source but rather
exclusively licensed software made available only to subscribers, who
can in turn write and SELL their software free of any further royalties.

Read more about the plan and how to sign up here:
http://bitbybitsoftwaregroup.com/fdsp/

BITbyBIT Software Group LLC
http://www.bitbybitsoftwaregroup.com

AdSense AdSense  
Old 07 April 2005, 10:33   #2
gunatm

Send a message via ICQ to gunatm Send a message via AIM to gunatm Send a message via MSN to gunatm
Whats that? Rent a software? Im a little sceptical ...
Old 07 April 2005, 13:21   #3
woody57

Since it seems your company is targeting OS4 tm users which currently only runs on Amiga One computors , I take it you checked our recent Amiga One ownership polls ?

These show less than 20 members own one if these machines and of the last check NOT all were running OS4 tm on them as it was late to distributed and has very little compatability with older apps [so I am told ]

Offering a " subscribtion " licensing deal over a piece of to the majority UNKNOWN , untested development software is meant to appeal to who?

Surely you would be better trying to target the few directly instead of this pardon me "spam" thread ?
Old 08 April 2005, 05:42   #4
JamieKrueger

Quote:
Whats that? Rent a software? Im a little sceptical ...
The subscription plan is an opportunity for people to support the development of specific software (in this case an IDE). Subscripters receive fully licensed versions of the software when it is completed, plus stable beta releases during the development process. They do not pay any more than the sale price of the software and could end up paying less then someone who buys it after it releases. This is not rental software, but rather a easy payment plan which also supports getting the software written in the first place.

Quote:
Since it seems your company is targeting OS4 tm users which currently only runs on Amiga One computors , I take it you checked our recent Amiga One ownership polls ?

These show less than 20 members own one if these machines and of the last check NOT all were running OS4 tm on them as it was late to distributed and has very little compatability with older apps [so I am told ]
First off, actually having two of these machines myself, I would have to disagree with the "very little compatability" statement. OS4 does not run Amiga software which directly references the custom chip set (except via UAE), that is true, however it does seem to run just about everything else very well.

Quote:
Offering a " subscribtion " licensing deal over a piece of to the majority UNKNOWN , untested development software is meant to appeal to who?
As I have stated above this is not rental or limited term use software.
The key word here in "Foundation Development Subscription Plan" is "Development". This plan is designed to aid in the development of new software (specifically an Integrated Development Environment) for AmigaOS4(tm). It offers subscribers the chance to purchase this software under easy payment terms (US $10.00 a Month), a say in the features of the software, and a chance to try it out with (roughly) monthly beta releases. They also receive the fully unlocked release versions.

Quote:
Surely you would be better trying to target the few directly instead of this pardon me "spam" thread ?
You do have 20 members who own these machines and can benefit from this software, do you not? This is an Amiga(tm) board and AmigaOS4(tm) is the next official version of the operating system. This news posting is from a legitimate "Amiga Company", developing and releasing real software for AmigaOS4(tm) (See the SDK Browser, or our most recent release of the AVD Template Project as freeware). How can you call my posting "SPAM"?

I would be more than happy to work with the 20 members here that have AmigaONEs directly. So if there are any of you out there reading this, if you would like to email me at jamie@bitbybitsoftwaregroup.com I will add your name to our contact list and send any new AmigaOS4(tm) software release announcements your way.

Bottom line is, this is AmigaOS4(tm) news, not SPAM. If a moderater of this boards tells me that this is not an AmigaOS4(tm) board or they do not want OS4 related news items, I will gladly stop posting them.

Old 08 April 2005, 14:30   #5
woody57

Thank you Jamie for a much more informative reply post

I am fully aware news posts first have to cleared through the moderators BEFORE they get to appear on this board , and my line of questioning was a prompt for you to answer with a more generalised overview of your project .

It remains a question for us that are using PPC equiped 1200's [ via phase five boards etc] Whether OS4tm will ever be released for use with this hardware format .
Because as yet there is little that actually uses the potensial of these systems.

While this is proberly not an area of your projects concern I would suguest to put forward the notion that PPC users might actually be the bridge market for NEW apps.Sadly until [if ever ] the PPC version of OS4tm we are only talking maybe's.
Old 08 April 2005, 20:58   #6
JamieKrueger

@woodshed57

I can understand your frustration in waiting for AmigaOS4(tm) to release on the Amiga Classic+PPC machines. I have two A4000Ts (equiped with PPC cards) here that still await the same thing. I have not had the opportunity to get to any of the shows outside the USA lately, so I have not seen it personally, but I do understand that OS4 is being demonstrated on PPC equiped classic machines. Plus Hyperion has given no indication that they will NOT release the OS for these machines. So all we can do at this point is hold on a see. If at all possible BITbyBIT Software Group will be there to support these machines as well.

AdSense AdSense