Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 22 February 2005, 22:43   #21
JudasEZT

RainbowIslands and Car-vup.

If no you can try with Narc.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 23 February 2005, 02:14   #22
pbareges

thank you all for your great contribution to our happiness....i've written down the games proposed..to be tried when in an extremely good mood!!

the wedding vows are now part of amiga history (to be recorded somewhere...mr a500 you must be a quebecer right ? i guess such fun cannot be given to regular canadians!!!...(just joking) ...)

i won't comment on the other options proposed (akira, from a sexual perspective i would have though of anything but that...but i guess this is not given to every man....beloved moderator!)

thanks again. keep contributing, the problem is far from being solved!!!
Old 23 February 2005, 03:47   #23
woody57

Smile First you have to get her to think its HER Idea

For myself with more than 35+ years of being married I have found that getting your missus to give any of her " Highly valueable time " for geting involved in ANY computor games requires long term planing and a small amount of compromise.

You are quite right that after you have children and allow them to play simple games , paint [without mess ] , add live silly noises via the keyboard to mod tunes etc . That your spouse will begin to look on your miggy as something more than an "out of date toy"

Hence she now needs to know "How to use this?" for when your not there as another way of spending fun time with the kids without having to sit and watch yet another Teletubby or tweenies etc vid again , as your beloved miggy is more "FUN"

This leads to the following scenario in order not to look foolish she will have to practice with YOU in order to become competent and as the kids get older and the games and activities become more complex , it means more shared time of an evening playing games etc.

This has a down side once she learns your miggy is more stable than the PC for simple letter writting etc you can suddenly find she is spending more time on the machine than YOU and of course it will be your printer that runs out of ink first as she "just has to print" every scribble your kids make on your art proggies .

Then of course your kids start going to school and as their friends encourage them to become consul hounds and the TV brainwashes them they need the latest this or that to be cool their time of use becomes less [and the split drinks,crumbs and finger marks on your machine become a thing of the past]

By then your Missus herself will have eiether become so addicted to certain games that she will still challenge you !to beat her high score OR be so worn out trying to keep up with the demands of your growing family that she will leave you in peace [Having tried to involve her you must live with the guilt of having fun while she relaxes with her soap tv and endless "Chick Movies"]

But that is NOT the end, NO SIR time pases your kids begin to leave home and then one day you become a grandfather and the whole cycle begins again , with GRANDMA trying to get in on the act by showing just how much smarter she is than YOU and showing them the shortcuts and cheats you forgot

So ask yourself "Do I really want to risk the damage and the tantrums " over your family having only ONE miggy to use ? be prepared & keep a spare while you can't forsee every problem be sure your ready NOT to lose ALL YOUR TIME

Last edited by woody57; 23 February 2005 at 03:56.
Old 23 February 2005, 04:09   #24
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
(akira, from a sexual perspective i would have though of anything but that...but i guess this is not given to every man....beloved moderator!)
Sorry man, but just offer her the choice of you and the toy, and see the expression on her face with each choice ;p
Old 23 February 2005, 07:19   #25
Jope
-

Send a message via Skype™ to Jope
Ha! My GF is from the Nintendo generation..

If I start playing Bubble Bobble or Rainbow Islands, she demands a joystick..

If it's any Mario game on the 8-bit NES, she'll beat me on those hands down (I never owned a games console before I was an adult).. "Our" NES is actually her old unit. :-)

Of course SuperFrog and Gian(n)a Sisters have her addicted too..

And the C-64.. Lots of nice games she used to like back when she was a kid.

Hmm, I do feel the generation gap to the older people here, gaming comes more naturally to us youngsters. (I'm -80, she's -79)

I got her Ratchet and Clank for the PS2 for xmas, and she loved that too..

I guess I'll have to get her hooked on some old Lucas adventures, I'm sure she'll enjoy the stories..
Old 23 February 2005, 07:25   #26
Jope
-

Send a message via Skype™ to Jope
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodshed57
So ask yourself "Do I really want to risk the damage and the tantrums " over your family having only ONE miggy to use ?
Heh, doesn't everyone own at least two .. or five?-)

Well frankly, I've been trying to sell some of mine too.. All: Contact me, if you're interested in an A4000/A2000 with lots of upgrades (B2060, CV3Ds, etc).

Last edited by Jope; 23 February 2005 at 08:40.
Old 23 February 2005, 07:50   #27
Adeptus
epun umop ap!sdn

We had an A500 each when we got married... later sold them in a garage sale...
if it was an A1200 she would have had to pry it from my cold dead fingers
(still looking for one that isn't stupidly expensive... or a SX32 would be nice )
Old 23 February 2005, 20:54   #28
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope
Ha! My GF is from the Nintendo generation..

If I start playing Bubble Bobble or Rainbow Islands, she demands a joystick..

If it's any Mario game on the 8-bit NES, she'll beat me on those hands down (I never owned a games console before I was an adult).. "Our" NES is actually her old unit. :-)

Of course SuperFrog and Gian(n)a Sisters have her addicted too..

And the C-64.. Lots of nice games she used to like back when she was a kid.

Hmm, I do feel the generation gap to the older people here, gaming comes more naturally to us youngsters. (I'm -80, she's -79)

I got her Ratchet and Clank for the PS2 for xmas, and she loved that too..

I guess I'll have to get her hooked on some old Lucas adventures, I'm sure she'll enjoy the stories..

Haaaaa!!! Ratchet & Clank!. Yes my girly loves that games. She`s playn the 3rd one at present.
Old 24 February 2005, 02:32   #29
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
wiz n' liz is great!!!!
Old 24 February 2005, 03:54   #30
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
My chick also loves Bubba 'n' Stix.
Old 24 February 2005, 21:50   #31
Smiley