You forgot WinUAE-Screenshot

AdSense AdSense  
Old 24 October 2001, 23:14   #22
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

Dang
Old 25 October 2001, 01:21   #23
MethodGit

Ho-hum.... such a shame his FTP is on hiatus. I well and truly regarded it as one of the finest FTPs to exist...

Maybe he'll return one day.

But he's still a good friend on this board, let me admit that.
Old 25 October 2001, 01:39   #24
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MarzAttakz
But he's still a good friend on this board, let me admit that.
Good because if you didn't .....

Marz ---> <--- Ian

A joke Marz, just incase you thought I'm being serious

----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Two months later ....

Last edited by Ian; 30 December 2001 at 02:38.
Old 23 December 2001, 17:29   #25
MethodGit

When will žane re-activate his FTP again?

It's been several months now, and still that horrible no-downloading function he's put on his FTP exists.

This really isn't a good time now because my ignorant sis once more fucked up the computer by deleting, entirely at random, stuff I downloaded and hoped to *keep*. She's deleted a lot (if not all) of the stuff I grabbed from the Zone before, and I don't want to bug the original senders into putting them back up again (like Cody, for instance, who upped the Alfred Chicken original and the rare-to-find Top Cat).

And, from what I remember, žane had a very useful EAB section in his FTP in which he upped everything everyone uploaded before to there.

I mean, as I've said, it's been several months now and I feel everyone else would be really happy too if his ever-so-useful FTP came back to public use. He's responsible for one of the best FTPs I've ever visited.
Old 23 December 2001, 18:14   #26
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

(sigh)

I will swallow back every other response I am thinking in my head, but will move in a different direction this time:

Let's say žane's FTP was up. And let's say you re-download everything you want from there all over again. What would be the use if your sister is just gonna come home and delete it all again some other time? I suggest you ask Santa for a CD burner.
Old 23 December 2001, 21:24   #27
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

Hmm

I think I've told you this before Marz, but what the heck I'll tell you again.

žane's FTP is now the Upload FTP for AEN (Has been for several months), all žane's files are on the various AEN FTP's, so as long as the other FTP's are up, I don't think žane will allow downloads.

I know I've said this before, but žane is a lot more than an FTP to the Amiga scene.

We have discussed this before in this thread, I don't think anything has changed since then.
Old 24 December 2001, 16:08   #28
MethodGit

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin' Ghost
Let's say žane's FTP was up. And let's say you re-download everything you want from there all over again. What would be the use if your sister is just gonna come home and delete it all again some other time? I suggest you ask Santa for a CD burner.
It doesn't matter if she deletes them again, just as long as I can still download the EAB stuff from the FTP I won't mind.

@Ian: I never said žane was only good for one thing. I know he's useful for many other things, I'm just saying that I really, really liked his FTP. It was brilliantly setup.
And I seriously doubt any of the AEN FTPs would carry stuff from EAB, various Amiga sites, very rare CD│▓/CDTV ISOs, and extra bonuses like Amiga Forever and OS 3.5/3.9 (žane used to have these OSes several months ago! They were in the "Workbench" folder in the root directory, but the folder disappeared later on for some reason). Basically, žane's FTP has a big advantage over all the AEN FTPs: he carries extra special stuff. AEN FTPs only carry the basic Amiga game/util/demo disks and a few common CD│▓ ISOs and that's it. AFAIK they don't carry any original (i.e. uncracked) disks. They don't even have any Workbench disks, for goodness sake!

Oh, and let's not forget, at least žane's FTP baiscally worked pretty much every time - have we already forgotten the many, many logging/accessing problems with Godflesh's FTPs in the past?
Old 25 December 2001, 03:24   #29
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Yeah, but my point is, if you keep downloading the same stuff and using up the bandwidth and then the stuff gets deleted, then you have to redownload it again...what's wrong with this picture?!?

BTW: I got your PM and was unable to respond because your PM box is full. You might want to make some room - especially since you likely sent the same message to several others.
Old 25 December 2001, 04:27   #30
TikTok

@Marz
When you've cleared your inbox, I suggest you PM Santa and ask him (nicely) for a CD writer. Then you can take it apart and use the laser inside to zzzzzzzap your sister so that she can't delete you adfs anymore .

Old 25 December 2001, 14:15   #31
MethodGit

@Twist: try sending your reply now. I've made a few deletions.
Old 26 December 2001, 18:59   #32
[idoru]

Marz, have u ever thought of asking žane about his FTP directly instead of asking out loud ? I would hazard a guess that žane is the most likely person to know the answer

Or do you go round shouting stuff in the streets like "When will I eat my dinner tonight?" and expect responses from people that have no involvement with your dinner ?

I'm sure with your sister deleting stuff there's plenty to keep you going on other websites & ftp's anyway
Old 27 December 2001, 03:09   #33
|cy[ool
Strange Days

I would hazard at a guess Sanes answer will be a resounding NO since he has bandwidth limits now and has little time for mindless leechers
Old 09 January 2002, 01:11   #34
Mangar
Got the fever back

Sane

Sane has been a great help to me with my database project whether it be for information, files or whatever. To me running an FTP is one of the most selfless things you can do cuz its usually your system everything is running off on. The fact he has any kind of cap is reason enought to restrict downloads. Most of the files he has can be found somewhere else.
Old 09 January 2002, 01:40   #35
MethodGit

Yeah, but some things on his FTP were incredibly rare to me cos they're not easy to find anywhere else. Namely some CD│▓ games like Seek & Destroy and Gunship 2000 etc., and also the FULL versions of Amiga Forever and OSes 3.5 & 3.9!

Glad to see you still care about this forum, Mangar.
Old 26 January 2002, 02:37   #36
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

The saga continues

Marz, don't you think žane would have answered you in this thread here if he was ever going to??

Can't you take the hint??

Just because we tell you to stop asking about Sane's FTP here, doesn't mean you should go asking about it somewhere else, namely HERE

It's clear that Sane will not make it open to the public anymore, so quit your whining and learn to live with what you're given.
Old 26 January 2002, 16:30   #37
MethodGit

You STILL go to that board, Ian?!

Thought you all gave up on Godflesh and his ilk.

I bet you still post there too.

Anyhow, I did make some new discoveries regarding his FTP yesterday, and reminded žane of them through e-mail. And I can tell you now that there was not one single "Please put it back up" blurtout in that e-mail.
Old 26 January 2002, 16:46   #38
Ian
HIGH FIVE!!

Quote:
You STILL go to that board, Ian?!
Erm, no. Someone else pointed it out to me.
Quote:
I bet you still post there too.
What?!? you've seen my nickname next to some of the post on there??

I know one person that has posted on that forum using a different nickname, and that was you. Remember, it was something along the lines of "The FTP's suck, I can never log on"
Quote:
Anyhow, I did make some new discoveries regarding his FTP yesterday, and reminded žane of them through e-mail. And I can tell you now that there was not one single "Please put it back up" blurtout in that e-mail.
No, I bet it was in the subject, not the email, did you give žane the old, "if you let me download this, I'll upload this ultra rare copy of Xenon 2 for you, it's an original, cracked by Bamiga Sector One" trick??

Anyway the fact remain, the reason why žane's FTP is only for uploads has been explained to you time and time again, but you still insist on asking the same question, or demanding it be put up again.

What is it exactly you want from there that you can't get anywhere else?? The simple answer is there is nothing on there you can't get anywhere else. Stop badgering the poor dude and get to searching for the stuff you want using Google

Last edited by Ian; 26 January 2002 at 16:53.
Old 26 January 2002, 21:11   #39
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

What I find mystifying about all of this is that Marz has at his disposal sooooo many places to get Amiga files from: AEN/Spoky's/(probably other ftp's), EAB, various web sites, usenet, #l33tmeegashiznit irc servers, PE2000/emuchina/aceroms (I know they are up and down, but they are there!) - all of these resources and probably others I am forgetting - but what concerns him is the fact that one ftp site won't allow him to download. An ftp site that has been uploads only for some time (and for very good reasons, not that the site should feel obligated to provide ANY reason!).

It just seems that as soon as one of his resources for files is down or unavailable, he can't deal with it. What we used to tell AOL'ers in usenet was that the internet is not one big order desk. Just because people take the time and effort to provide a service, it is not owed to you. And it's especially annoying to hear talk about regularly re-downloading files, which eats up bandwidth that often is charged against the host. It's just more ungrateful leeching, haphazard disregard, and lack of courtesy.

And yet again, we are here explaining to Marz in particle detail every nuance of something that should be common ethics.

Old 27 January 2002, 14:32   #40
MethodGit

@Ian: no, it was not in the subject either. Try again. :P

---

//Blah Blah Blah......Post erased by Amigaboy to protect everyone's privacy....Think about your actions before you do them Marz.
AdSense AdSense