English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 16 February 2004, 17:51   #281
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
Originally posted by Oscar Castillo
Perhaps you're right about the dude showing off a Rolex, but there are setups that are absolutely amazing. Some do look a bit too sanitary.
I checked that site out (spymac) and some 16yr old was showing off a G5, Cube, Imac etc. I didnt notice the Rolex, but who cares anyway.

Personally anybody that doesnt have at least a little bit of clutter on their desk must not be using their equipment at all.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 February 2004, 18:09   #282
Akira

That's what I mean, looks like these spoiled kids don't use anything of what they have.

My setup looks like shit when I'm busy! Then again an over-cluttered setup doesn't look like it's very used. Can't help but think Buzz can't use most of what he has in the desk, specially that classic Mac box ;D

This be a busy day with all the audio shit patched for recording. Gotta love the mishmash of cables :
Old 16 February 2004, 20:03   #283
cv643d

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira

Oh look, a GBA SP on the desk. You show-off

;D
LoL. .. I actually play some Tony Hawk Pro skater 3 on it when Im bored browsing the net or waiting for something to download..

Im gonna clean up my desk and take som super sano clean pics of my setup.
Old 16 February 2004, 20:14   #284
Oscar Castillo

Send a message via AIM to Oscar Castillo
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown_K
I checked that site out (spymac) and some 16yr old was showing off a G5, Cube, Imac etc. I didnt notice the Rolex, but who cares anyway.

Personally anybody that doesnt have at least a little bit of clutter on their desk must not be using their equipment at all.
I can't get anything done if I have any clutter on my desk.
I let it go sometimes but then I noticed I don't get much done.
It it weren't for dust and having to move the towers each time I vacuum or wax the floors I'd keep them on the floor too. Except of course if it's a Mac, then it stays on the desktop.
Old 16 February 2004, 20:47   #285
cv643d

Since I havent touched my consoles or Amiga/C64/Spectrum since last summer this is essentially my "gaming room" now.. even though I dont game that much. Its probably more my surfing room.

Ok cleaned up my place and I added a fresh breeze of elite lensflare to the picture.

Gaminroom 2k4:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	setuplol.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	6419  
Old 17 February 2004, 02:26   #286
Oscar Castillo

Quote:
Originally posted by cv643d
Since I havent touched my consoles or Amiga/C64/Spectrum since last summer this is essentially my "gaming room" now.. even though I dont game that much. Its probably more my surfing room.

Ok cleaned up my place and I added a fresh breeze of elite lensflare to the picture.

Gaminroom 2k4:
My goodness! The gleam from such clean windows is simply amazing. It almost looks fake.
Old 17 February 2004, 04:27   #287
Akira

Quote:
Hahaha, that looks more like Gamespy now, you put the T610 in there and all

You should have put a fake rolex in there as well
Old 17 February 2004, 05:35   #288
Oscar Castillo

Quote:
Hahaha, that looks more like Gamespy now, you put the T610 in there and all

You should have put a fake rolex in there as well
This ain't a Rolex, but hey it's a SpyMac shot for sure.

Last edited by Oscar Castillo; 07 December 2006 at 11:51.
Old 17 February 2004, 05:39   #289
Oscar Castillo

Finally a new LCD

Rearranged some stuff myself. Got rid of my Sun Ultra adn put the Octanes in the closet for now. I miss my Mac, but am looking to get a G5 soon.

Old 17 February 2004, 05:41   #290
Oscar Castillo

Dual monitor setup

Kept my Sun monitors for use in a dual setup. Mainly use this PC for graphics work.

Old 17 February 2004, 05:44   #291
Oscar Castillo

Bought new Dell laptop

The case could be made a little more sturdy, but otherwise a decent fast laptop.

Old 17 February 2004, 05:57   #292
Oscar Castillo

Quote:

Gaminroom 2k4:
Look very tidy. How long you been using an LCD? When I had my Mac I bought a 17" Studio Display to go with it. I've wanted one for my PC for a while now, but only recently have prices been realistically low to justify the cost. I bought one for my PC a week ago.

Old 17 February 2004, 06:02   #293
Oscar Castillo

Quote:
That's what I mean, looks like these spoiled kids don't use anything of what they have.

My setup looks like shit when I'm busy! Then again an over-cluttered setup doesn't look like it's very used. Can't help but think Buzz can't use most of what he has in the desk, specially that classic Mac box ;D

This be a busy day with all the audio shit patched for recording. Gotta love the mishmash of cables :
How long you had that iBook Akira? I thought about getting a Powerbook instead of a G5, but considering what the Powerbook costs, I'd rather spend the money on a desktop. I did get a Dell because they were getting real cheap considering it's a P4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dellicious.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	6426  
Old 17 February 2004, 06:13   #294
Akira

Quote:
How long you had that iBook Akira? I thought about getting a Powerbook instead of a G5, but considering what the Powerbook costs, I'd rather spend the money on a desktop.
I'm on the verge of having to make up my mind for either a 12" Powerbook or a desktop G5.

I've had my iBook for 14 months already, and all I think about now is that Logoc Board shit... Apple has been delivering dud iBooks for months, and ho-hum! I bought my iBook between those months. I hope she doesn't fail, because I cannot replace nor repair it if it happens!

So far she's been a great girl, very reliable and good all round. Today I had to reinstall it all from scratch because I got sick, SICK of Panther. Too slow on my machine and ridden with bugs. Since I cannot give up Exposť (:P), I ended up making a tri-boot setup: OS9, (what for? just because I can, mine was the last model that allowed booting into 9) Panther and jaguar. For my live video work I'll have to resort to Jaguar, the diference is HUGE.

so she's now fresh as a lettuce, with her HD all freed up and the OSes just freshly installed. It does feel dumb to have Panther and Jaguar installed, buit it's my only choice for now (it's like having Windows ME and Xp in the same machine :P). Luckily I could strip down Jaguar to (just/??!! hell!) one gig, and I can manually strip it more if I want.

LOL! You did the watch+cellphone spymac thing! I also realize you apreciate booty as much as my cousin

I guess that, for retaliating the spymac crap, I'll have to do the absolute bummest setup ever. Tomorow I'll post it
Old 17 February 2004, 06:28   #295
Oscar Castillo

Quote:
I'm on the verge of having to make up my mind for either a 12" Powerbook or a desktop G5.

I've had my iBook for 14 months already, and all I think about now is that Logoc Board shit... Apple has been delivering dud iBooks for months, and ho-hum! I bought my iBook between those months. I hope she doesn't fail, because I cannot replace nor repair it if it happens!

So far she's been a great girl, very reliable and good all round. Today I had to reinstall it all from scratch because I got sick, SICK of Panther. Too slow on my machine and ridden with bugs. Since I cannot give up Exposť (:P), I ended up making a tri-boot setup: OS9, (what for? just because I can, mine was the last model that allowed booting into 9) Panther and jaguar. For my live video work I'll have to resort to Jaguar, the diference is HUGE.

so she's now fresh as a lettuce, with her HD all freed up and the OSes just freshly installed. It does feel dumb to have Panther and Jaguar installed, buit it's my only choice for now (it's like having Windows ME and Xp in the same machine :P). Luckily I could strip down Jaguar to (just/??!! hell!) one gig, and I can manually strip it more if I want.

LOL! You did the watch+cellphone spymac thing! I also realize you apreciate booty as much as my cousin

I guess that, for retaliating the spymac crap, I'll have to do the absolute bummest setup ever. Tomorow I'll post it
The thing about getting a G5 now which is what I'm contemplating is that you recall Jobs said within a year they'd bve at 3GHz? Well the new PPC970FX is out and making its way into the Xserve G5 already, kinda hush hush, but it's out. They say the PPC970FX makes the Opeteron pale in comparison. So I may actually wait until MacWorld NY, which may bring the FX to the G5 desktop. I alwasys seem to be out of sync when it comes to Apple products, but no more.
Boy do I love booty. Vida Guerra has an incredible booty.
Old 17 February 2004, 06:33   #296
Oscar Castillo

Quote:

Gaminroom 2k4:
Just realized you have a Sun mousepad? You also into Unix?
Old 17 February 2004, 16:59   #297
cv643d

Quote:
Just realized you have a Sun mousepad? You also into Unix?
Nope not really, but I know how Linux/BSD and such work, I got it from a friend who worked at Ericsson. He took lots of things from there. Im probably going to get a new mouse pad though. I wanted a frosted glass one, but I fear it will be to hard on my wrist

I got a great price for my TFT at the time I got it. . I think 2 years or more ago... Nowday its a bit small. So for the Gameroom2k5 screenshot I will hopefully have a 20+ inch TFT to show off (been looking at 20 inch Apple screens)

Also I have been looking out for the new slim Apple G5 USB keyboard that looks awesome. But I havent decided if I should give up using my excellent IBM keyboard from 1988.
Old 17 February 2004, 17:12   #298
Unknown_K

Doesnt really matter when you get your G5 since they will increase the speed every 6-12 months anyway, you can either wait forever or buy what you need.
Old 17 February 2004, 17:33   #299
Akira

Unknown is absolutely RIGHT, Apple's upgrade cycles are around 6 months, every 6 months an upgrade is expected (and delivered). You can't keep up with shit, not on Mac, not on PC, anywhere.

I woudln't way, what the G5 brings is powerful enough for me, it wold last me many years to come. I would wait a bit more as to avoid some possibly dud machines, first ones probably had many issues. Why can't Apple get their shit straight? This price reduction mania is making them deliver products in a rushed way and they end up in shit like this whole iBook fiasco. A friend of mine bought an early 12" Powerbook and she got burned, the combo drive had to be exchanged TWICE already (and it happened in two consecutive weeks!), and it overheats like hell.
Old 17 February 2004, 18:19   #300
Unknown_K

Quote:
Unknown is absolutely RIGHT, Apple's upgrade cycles are around 6 months, every 6 months an upgrade is expected (and delivered). You can't keep up with shit, not on Mac, not on PC, anywhere.

I woudln't way, what the G5 brings is powerful enough for me, it wold last me many years to come. I would wait a bit more as to avoid some possibly dud machines, first ones probably had many issues. Why can't Apple get their shit straight? This price reduction mania is making them deliver products in a rushed way and they end up in shit like this whole iBook fiasco. A friend of mine bought an early 12" Powerbook and she got burned, the combo drive had to be exchanged TWICE already (and it happened in two consecutive weeks!), and it overheats like hell.
Just like every other computer company, apple is cutting corners in the quality department to make more money. I think the days that apple computers will last forever or hold their value are coming to a close. Every new version of OSX excludeds another series of older PPC machines (compared to my PM 8500 that ran everything from OS 7.5.3 to 9.1 without hacks). As fas as notebooks go even the original titanium units had problems with their quality. So much for "think different".
AdSense AdSense