English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 June 2005, 19:43   #101
Sshhhhh... Don't tell anyone that.

Seriously, I would love to utilize that 2.5% off. I have a Mk3 that's been mucked up since I got it (SID no workie, etc) and would like to update her to a Mk4. Anyone have a leagal quick way to come up with the $100+ for one?

AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 June 2005, 20:12   #102
unfortunatly the delta sigma converters not implemented yet..i emailed jens about it and he said it will be done soon..and can be done with a flash on the eeprom on the catweasel

so just cheat and get a 6581 and plug it into the spare socket and flip in between them in acid64 as needed as that plays back samples no probs

also some tunes sound cack if theyre written for the other soundchip (big example is wizball tune 5 on a 6581)

and ive just fried my 8580...shit
Old 24 July 2005, 17:23   #103
Hi guys!

Well... Hmmm... I received mine a few days ago, and I wouldn't say that I'm fully happy with it .

I wouldn't say that you shouldn't buy it but I certainly have some concerns that this wasn't my best 100Eur (+p&p).

(Well, better say, my expectations just didn't meet reality =) ; either my expectations were too high, or, hmm, the card isn't not just what it should be; you decide).

Primarily, I bought the card because I'm a SID fan. ...Well, the digital interface may be as good as it was promised, but I'm pretty disappointed by the analog "circuitry", as it has high "digital" noise floor. Besides that, as I see (and I may be wrong, but so far I've seen this) the SIDs are statically routed to the left and right channels of the stereo output -- one to left, and one to the right. ...Anyone, with high SID addiction factor ;-) will tell you that he'd buy such cards (with more than one SID sockets) because of the ability to listen to tunes on the originally intented type of SID chips, and won't (or if so, very rarely) bother listening to "special" stereo SID files. The third, the filters sound pretty strange, probably because the used capacitors used are pretty different to the original caps in the C64 (won't be critical in any other cases, but in the subject of this pretty nonlinear SID filter circuitry, it is).

...So, hmmm... I won't return the card, but I'm also not that convicted... Heh... I won't have bought a HardSid, because that's not perfect, but as I see, I'm not any further with the Catweasel either. :-(
Old 02 September 2008, 18:52   #104
Question Catweasel MK4 Sept 2008 stock available yet?

Hi, anyone know if the Catweasel MK4 Sept 2008 stock is available yet?

us.amigakit.com doesn't show the product in their lists currently!

I wonder if the EAB discount is still valid also?

I have been monitoring the AU$ and it's started to fall big time. Currently 83 cents. Was 96 cents at one point.

The more I wait the more likely it will become un affordable if the exchange rate continues to drop.

The reserve bank today dropped the interest rates, so I am hoping to see the dollar rise again over the next couple of weeks. (Fingers crossed).

Oh BTW, the next batch of Catweasel PCI cards are going to be Black, not red.
Old 07 October 2008, 15:10   #105
Not dead yet!!! :D
Does anyone know if the new version available at amigakit supports IPF images?
Old 07 October 2008, 15:59   #106
Amiga Geek
At the moment, no ipf support with the catweasel.
Old 08 October 2008, 01:35   #107
Well guy's here's a quick bit of info for you all. The _new_ Catweasel MK4 Plus is due to arrive in the next few days. at AmigaKit. I placed my order a few days ago. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.
AdSense AdSense