English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 13 April 2005, 18:53   #81
lensman

FIXED!! well done jens
got the card today..fitted a 6581....and lo and behold it works...full filter emulation the lot..listening to lightforce right now..
so i think you guys should have your cards back soon...and ive realised i do prefer the 8580

anyone want to swap one for a r4 6581??

hope your all up and running soon
AdSense AdSense  
Old 13 April 2005, 20:13   #82
Eco

I registered to post this reply

Jens provides great support. My Catweasel MK4 was back in record time, and it works great. Authentic SID sound, proper joystick ports, can read/write Amiga disks and C64 floppies on my PC.. great card

HVSC here i come!

Old 13 April 2005, 20:46   #83
wlcina

ipf support still at unknown phase ?
Old 14 April 2005, 14:12   #84
lensman

sorry no idea what ipf is..as far as i know theres no support for it..i have heard that jens and his team are working on an amiga driver (for the new amiga compat systems)if its related to that....main thing im waiting for now is joystick support..cant wait to use my old konix navigator in winuae
Old 15 April 2005, 11:26   #85
tin
eezeenow!

sorry to ask again but can anyone confirm the passthrough for the floppy drives to the PC does or does not work? Mine doesn't and I'm wondering if anyone else's does.
Old 15 April 2005, 12:13   #86
Eco

I don't think the passthrough is implemented by the drivers yet. I'm using two separate floppy drives myself.

Old 15 April 2005, 16:16   #87
Dwyloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman
sorry no idea what ipf is..as far as i know theres no support for it..i have heard that jens and his team are working on an amiga driver (for the new amiga compat systems)if its related to that....main thing im waiting for now is joystick support..cant wait to use my old konix navigator in winuae
I have just recieved an e-mail back from the author of the linux joyport driver for the catweasel confirming that he has updated his driver to work with the mk4, but he is still to add support for the new features of the mk4.

So I guess we will have to make do with using e-uae under linux for joystick support until the windows driver is ready. As I already have a version of linux installed on my desktop at home (although I have not booted in to linux in months) I guess I will give it a try when my card arrives next week.
Old 16 April 2005, 00:34   #88
lensman

yup tin the passthoughs still screwed on my new card too...im pretty lucky tho ..i havent had to use a floppy drive for my pc in months
Old 16 April 2005, 18:26   #89
Dwyloc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lensman
yup tin the passthoughs still screwed on my new card too...im pretty lucky tho ..i havent had to use a floppy drive for my pc in months
As I only use the floppy drive on my pc for doing bios updates and loading my raid driver when I reinstall I guess I can live without the passthrough for a few months. I tend to use CD-RW or my iRiver for data transfer and backup these days, so the drive will be more useful for accessing amiga disks anyway
Old 18 April 2005, 08:48   #90
tin
eezeenow!

Had a reply from Jens saying the drivers mean that windows can't share the drive at the same time as CW - ahh well at least I know it isn't screwed!!!!
Old 24 April 2005, 16:05   #91
amigaade
Zone Friend

Question

For those people such as myself that haven't, but would very much like to purchase one of these CATWEASEL MK4. Does anyone have any updates regarding the resolving of the manufacture faults that caused so much grief for people who pre-ordered theirs?

The reason I'm posting this here is despite sending several e-mails to 3rd party re-sellers, that shall remain nameless (for shame), regarding re-stocks of the upgraded/bugfree revisions, replys are not forthcoming. I get the impression that they wish customers to purchase their stock of un-modified cards and all the problems that come with them. Return to base etc......and the official site is berift of updated information.

thanks.
Old 24 April 2005, 18:09   #92
lensman

no idea...and i think your right....most companys dont give a shit...so they'll just sell on the fked card and make you foot the bill.......have you tried contacting jens directly? explain your prob and maybe he can sell you one...http://www.ami.ga.com
Old 24 April 2005, 22:04   #93
oldpx

http://www.ami.ga

Old 25 April 2005, 21:14   #94
tin
eezeenow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigaade
The reason I'm posting this here is despite sending several e-mails to 3rd party re-sellers, that shall remain nameless (for shame), regarding re-stocks of the upgraded/bugfree revisions, replys are not forthcoming. I get the impression that they wish customers to purchase their stock of un-modified cards and all the problems that come with them. Return to base etc......and the official site is berift of updated information.
I don't think you should do them the favour of them remaining nameless - do tell so we don't accidently buy anything from the fookers.
Old 26 April 2005, 00:14   #95
amigakit.com

Some of the comments about us dealers not caring is a little harsh.

AmigaKit.com has a full realisation that the market we operate in is very limited and poor customer service has a large impact on our sales

To try and address some of the questions here:

AmigaKit didnt order the initial of batches of Catweasel MKIV's and consequently missed out on some of the early reported issues. We havent had any issues with the Catweasels we have been selling to date.

We have had a new batch today and will receive another batch later this week. Jens has been delaying every shipment to us because he is QC testing them- which is reassuring.

If a customer has a problem, they can come to us immediately and we will help them out as we sold the item in the first place :-)

Hope this answers some of your queries..

Contact us for any further information.

*** UPDATE ***

I emailed Jens and this is what he had to say:

>Please advise if units you stock are 100% compatible with SID chips and
>other advertised functions are implemented. Current discussion on EAB
>suggests early production faulty and require returning to manufacturer for
>modification.

This is only true for a few units of the first production run. The QC
procedure has been extended with a DC-DC converter test in the second week
of february, so only about 100 units worldwide were not tested on the DC-DC
converter. Out of those 100 units, 14 units have been returned under
warranty until today. There's no cost for the user, as this is fully
covered by the 2-year warranty. All units shipped after mid-february have
been tested for proper voltage on the DC-DC converter. Don't worry - all
units are compatible with all kinds of SID chips, including the old 6581,
the newer 8580, and the extremely rare 6582. Mixing of the SID types is
also possible (there are two SID sockets!), as every SID has it's own
jumper bank for voltage and filters.

ciao,

Jens Schönfeld

Last edited by amigakit.com; 26 April 2005 at 01:02.
Old 03 May 2005, 15:46   #96
lensman

hello again guys

i really hope this isnt a fault with my card.....just stuck and 8580 in and samples are very quiet (like they are on the 64c)... thing is i thought the mk4 had 2 dacs in it to play the samples for the 8580...anyone else had this prob?

cheers
Old 05 June 2005, 23:59   #97
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Hi all.. been thinking about getting one of the MK4 catweasels..
I read something about the sid chip.. not being able to play back samples? is that with one particular sid chip or all ??
Quote:
and why have two sockets for sid chips??
ahh ok.. stereo
hmmm

ok I`ll answer my own question heheh.. it`s the later chips that can`t, but there`s some sigma wotsit on there so the `fourth` voice can be heard now !!
neat...
ok guys.. in the UK where`s the best place to get one from ?? from individual or from amiga ? ( amigakit )
Old 06 June 2005, 00:35   #98
oldpx

Quote:
so only about 100 units worldwide were not tested on the DC-DC
converter. Out of those 100 units, 14 units have been returned under
warranty until today
So I have one of those 100 special cards with fucked up SID right out of the box.

GHEY!

Old 07 June 2005, 20:05   #99
amigakit.com

Starting today, EAB members can have a 2.5% discount on the Catweasel MK 4, Amiga Forever 6 or the Competition Pro USB Joystick

The discount is achieved by using the code EABDISCOUNT when going through checkout at www.amigakit.com

The voucher can be used 3 times per customer, once per product. Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer. Expiry: 07/07/2005
Old 07 June 2005, 20:16   #100
oldpx

Hey you can already connect your old, original, nonusb amiga competition pros to catweasel.

AdSense AdSense