English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

View Poll Results: How Many Fellow Amigans do you know?
None 32 35.96%
A few here and there 48 53.93%
Loads! 9 10.11%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 September 2005, 12:18   #41
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
I don't know anyone except my little brother (real miggy) and a friend of mine (WinUAE), all others seem to have given up on Amiga
AdSense AdSense  
Old 10 October 2005, 13:44   #42
Skynet

My best friend, became my best friend, because of the Amiga. We were together in school ( long time ago, in a distant galaxy...), and guess what, we were keen swappers.
We began a kind of swapp network in the neighbourhood, and at the present 5 of us still remain friends.
Almost every weekend, we give our sticks a hard time through sensi, Kick off 2, TVS Basketball and Speedball 2. Some times, we even play Brutal Sports Football, which is fun.
I also have my brother and my father into the "Amiga hook" for years now, and esp. with my father, when we meet, we give each other a good excuse to swear each other with Panza's Kick Boxing or Goal!....

Old 23 March 2006, 19:50   #43
jviper
Zone Friend

None . Over here in America, the Pc's are too **** dominate!!! ******* MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!
Old 23 March 2006, 19:57   #44
scifi
Resurrected...

I just met Keropi on EAB!
He's a liiiittle further, but hey, we're both from Greece!

Geia sou patrioti...!
Edit: Hi, you patriot..!
Old 23 March 2006, 21:21   #45
scifi
Resurrected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet
My best friend, became my best friend, because of the Amiga. We were together in school ( long time ago, in a distant galaxy...), and guess what, we were keen swappers.
We began a kind of swapp network in the neighbourhood, and at the present 5 of us still remain friends.
Almost every weekend, we give our sticks a hard time through sensi, Kick off 2, TVS Basketball and Speedball 2. Some times, we even play Brutal Sports Football, which is fun.
I also have my brother and my father into the "Amiga hook" for years now, and esp. with my father, when we meet, we give each other a good excuse to swear each other with Panza's Kick Boxing or Goal!....
Skynet, which city of Greece are you from?
Old 23 March 2006, 21:26   #46
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthazelby
Have you thought about trawling the various Amiga boards trying to find fellow Amiga owners in your locality?

It's pretty likely that there are others in your area who like you are still using their Amiga in some way, shape or form.

I'd say it was worth a try.

Rob

Good point, not to hijack this thread but it would be good to speak to Amiga users in Northern Ireland....
Old 24 March 2006, 22:13   #47
keropi

just met scifi
and the boyz here on eab, like manicx, commie1974, mrzammler....
and ofcourse the great pasok-follower Animagic, but he is so lame he just sign up to reply to a thread and never came back... don't worry I know where he lives, though a bit far, a savage beating is heading his way...
Old 24 March 2006, 23:09   #48
slideyfoot
English Lit Academic

I don't know any, but that could be because a large proportion of my friends are female, who tend to be less geeky.
Old 25 March 2006, 02:26   #49
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

None

Could be worse - I was into RiscOS stuff before Amiga & I don't ever remeber meeting one of them in person.

Well, gave an Acorn A3000 to my mother once upon a time...

Is it me or did all the empty Acorn dealerships seem like a front for something sinister?

Last edited by Charlie; 25 March 2006 at 02:32.
Old 25 March 2006, 03:09   #50
jviper
Zone Friend

Wow......Amiga people are just disapearing, arn't they. I mean, most of the sites I've downloaded Aimga stuff off of are not in English at all. I just thought that that meant Amiga was not even thought of in the US, but elsewhere, still there are not very many Amiga users?
Old 25 March 2006, 04:21   #51
keropi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideyfoot
I don't know any, but that could be because a large proportion of my friends are female, who tend to be less geeky.
oh c'mon!!! u know me, the lovable keropi!!!
when will u introduce me to ur female friends???
Old 25 March 2006, 05:44   #52
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
I love Emulation / Retro right now! i have just setup my A1200 with 64mb ram / 4.5gb hd phase 5 030 blizzard card and i even bought a carton of nice new disks to put some stuff like workbench (yes i archived my stuff before i got rid etc on! I know AlexH personally although i ain't seen him in a lot of years I also know Dazzaboy not met him yet in real life but myself and a couple of m8's from Morecambe are gonna do a trip to Barrow soon, I Also know MajicMushroom in real life too again he's moved down yonder (down s'outh!) Funny thing is i never met / or swapped with half these guys when i was in the scene and i met them all on Pc via Icq/msn/web pages like this etc!

Also a few of my contacts who i used to swap with frequent here i know Codetapper from doing graphics for him / his site (Action) but i am never gonna meet him in NewZealand am i (from Uk / Blighty).

I have C64 (need to get a disk drive but ain't paying Ebay prices, I also have an A1200 (*2) looking for a Spectrum (even bought my fave tape deck off ebay for a quid plus post which happend to be 6 quid ) I'd like An Atari ST again just for Defender of the crown (best version in my opinion) and i also have a full set of Mame although i've lost intrest in it in recent times!

Think that proves i love the emu/retro scene and i still have a few Amiga buddies even if only in spirit

Oh and Finally i F'ing Love Ironclaws - kungfu master remake and his moonstone site that was an Awesome game i was speechless with at the time it was the best game i'd played including in the Arcades!
Old 26 March 2006, 04:38   #53
bluebrummie
bluebrummie

Send a message via MSN to bluebrummie Send a message via Yahoo to bluebrummie
Smile I don't know any!

I don't know any either! I used to have a 500 and 500 + back in the day and well over 1000 disks/games! I am AMAZED at the support avaliable for the Amiga because I thought it was dead and buried to be honest! I have just got a 1200 and on the lookout for a 500 and 500 + again as well as a 600. Oh it's good to be back in the land of Amiga again!
Old 26 March 2006, 06:25   #54
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

The few Amiga users I know IRL are some old chaps from 'back in the day'
dudes called Nodmoz and Lurpac, occasionally go for a beer, I wish I had stayed in touch with more folks really.
Another good excuse for an EAB meetup
Old 26 March 2006, 18:57   #55
Nexjen
Abre Los Ojos

Send a message via AIM to Nexjen Send a message via MSN to Nexjen
Quite a few as A child we all grew up with them. Only a few stay true though!
Old 27 March 2006, 23:07   #56
adgloride
Amiga Mod Chipper

In the day of the amiga, all my friends had one. I only know 2 or 3 people that own one now
AdSense AdSense