English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 04 October 2001, 12:40   #1
MethodGit

Exclamation Need help with Action page icon instructions!

You all know the Action page, right? You know it has a "how-to-make-icons" section? Well, PPaint is a bugger to use through AIAB/WinUAE and it ain't helping me at all. I was wondering if all of the PPaint stuff can be done in a PC graphics app like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop? If so, can anyone hand out a dummies' step-by-step guide to using WinUAE, a PC graphics app, and the rest of the icon utilities (PictIcon, IconEdit etc.) so that I at least find it easier to do some pictures and convert them into GlowIcon and NewIcon format? (Both guidelines please.)

Thank you!
AdSense AdSense  
Old 04 October 2001, 13:32   #2
Drake1009

I don't think you can get a program like Paint shop or Photo shop to do special Amiga icons Marz. But I do know that Paint shop can save in Iff format which is supported in the Amiga. I've used that a couple of times for creating standard icons, taking a screenshot. Pasting it in, loading my Amiga palette and moving the colors of the pic around so it looks best possible (Yeah right, with an 8 color setup) and then saving it in IFF format. Then I can't quite remember what program I used, but you can then load the file directly into some icon editing programs under Workbench and make any finishing touches if you didn't make those on the PC.
Old 04 October 2001, 16:44   #3
Amigaboy

Quote:
can save in Iff format which is supported in the Amiga
The IFF Format is more than supported on the Amiga....it's the standard

I haven't mucked around with the Action tutorial, and I know this isn't what you want, but I'd just like to mention that my favourite Amiga icon editor is Iconian

Old 04 October 2001, 18:47   #4
Akira

Well, afaik, Paint Shop Pro and any other PC program does not save in Amiga IFF 24 bit format so you will have to stick to 8bit images (256 colors) but it should work just fine. Then just use iff2newicons, or something like that, to convert the image to an icon.

Blah, use a newicons editor and import the IFF file you create. Though I really dont know what's your problem with Personal Paint. It's a GREAT program.
AdSense AdSense