English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 06 December 2004, 19:39   #41
Peanutuk
Registered User
Peanutuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The North, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 1,067
I said Lemon, not Lemon Amiga.

Insulting my integrity and my intelligence isn't going to win you any more fans.
Peanutuk is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 06 December 2004, 19:43   #42
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 54
Posts: 2,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Lemon
.....I don't know your math skills, but 1 banned member out of 362 members surely isn't 50%, right?
Unless this is the NEW math people have talked about
jmmijo is offline  
Old 06 December 2004, 20:12   #43
Kim Lemon
Registered User
Kim Lemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 37
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutuk
I said Lemon, not Lemon Amiga.
Oh ok, I misunderstood and apologize for that.

We did ban three or four users who also visit this forum as far as I can recall, and it was a common decison between me and the moderator group, and we definately believed that it was for a good reason.

You are actually blowing this way out of porportion. During the nearly 8 years Lemon64 has been online, we have banned a total of of approximately seven or eight users including the three or four users I mentioned above.

This is very few bans compared to other communities and the amount of users Lemon64 has, and therefore I still find it very strange that you say approximately 50% of the main members here are banned.
Kim Lemon is offline  
Old 06 December 2004, 20:16   #44
oldpx
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Lemon
That is a lie, and you probably know it yourself. Lemon Amiga only has one banned user, and unfortunately I had to ban his whole ISP as he kept coming back and registering with various nicks and doing major abuse. I feel very unfortunate for the people who use the same ISP as this member, but I had no choice as there was some very nasty personal attacks from this member.

I don't know your math skills, but 1 banned member out of 362 members surely isn't 50%, right?
First tinky winky, you are too slimy to ban people publicly. You first remove the ability to post then BLOCK IP RANGES. You would never announce your action yourself because it is not justifiable, at least not justifiable by logic.

Second dipsy, you ban people merely because they, in a civil manner disagree with your cheap lies and masturbation regarding the greatness of your non existant website. This is what you call major abuse.

Third laa-laa, while you are lying about the number of banned users and don't expect me do define lemon amiga independent of lemon 64. In any case the nnumber of banned users does not refer to anything since you are acting as a 10 year old spoiled kid playing dictatorship and your decisions are in no way related to justice. I have been mistreated previosly on lemon amiga and you did nothing about that. Not that I expected any better.

Fourth po, you are making up illogical forum rules and change them on the fly. If you see something you don't like, you can define it as a banning reason even though it is also questionable regarding your very own rules. After the banning I had a good laugh and re-registered once in order to continue my expressions and yes, in order to annoy you because you are running the forum purely based on the direction of the wind and deserve no justice or respect from me in return. While you could simply explain that you did not want me to continue contacting you or interacting with the forum by admitting that logical justifications were not in your book, you instead felt the need to accuse me of breaking the forum rule that was about registering with multiple nicknames in order to post under different identities.

You are still a slimy liar and it won't get any better.

If you want to be mistreated for no reason, if you would like your posts disappear in secrecy because kim wills it but is too afraid to tell you, if you want to be banned with no reason because your opinions are unliked, if you want to be insulted by zealots even long after you are gone, if you want to receive an automated invitation mail after all these bullshit, don't waste a moment. Join the dictatorship.

Last edited by oldpx; 07 December 2004 at 03:12.
 
Old 06 December 2004, 20:17   #45
Peanutuk
Registered User
Peanutuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The North, UK
Age: 37
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallaxScroll
If you want to be mistreated for no reason, if you would like your posts disappear in secrecy because kim wills it but is too afraid to tell you, if you want to be banned with no reason because your opinions are unliked, if you want to be insulted by zealots even long after you are gone, if you want to receive an automated invitation mail after all these bullshit, don't waste moment. Join the dictatorship.
I think ParallaxScroll has pretty much summed my point up, in his own way ofcourse. You aren't being unliked for no reason, because you look funny or smell different. You are unliked because of your actions, actions that you have not and are not taking ANY responsibility for. It really is a waste of time talking to you about it

Sings: People are strange when you're a stranger.

Last edited by Peanutuk; 06 December 2004 at 20:23.
Peanutuk is offline  
Old 06 December 2004, 20:23   #46
oldpx
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutuk
in his own way ofcourse.
I am just a mirror.
 
Old 06 December 2004, 20:30   #47
oldpx
 
Posts: n/a
I forgot to add one last warning. If you accept the situation and indeed join lemon amiga and kim decides to shut it down for a random amount of time with a random but touching reason, you know whom will be the global target of insults in the lemon64 forum being accused of causing the death of lemon amiga. You will be. Since lemon amiga is back now I can demand an apology but am I really that bothered?

They did not even ask where the hell their donations went when the site was gone.
 
Old 06 December 2004, 20:40   #48
oldpx
 
Posts: n/a
And then the mighty moderat-o-smeagol from eab will arrive to the lemon64 thread in which your nonexistant existance is being insulted with great rejoice. He will apologize in behalf of unworthy eab members that casued major abuse amongst lemoners and will try to secure the bond between two ...corporations? ...countries? ...no just two websites about a stupid hobby so that one day there might be a connection between lemon64 and hol. You are of course, disposable in the process. Profit, no matter how petty is above all values.

I won't call names. I only must say what happened because everyone seems as if nothing has happened.
 
Old 06 December 2004, 20:47   #49
RCK
Administrator

RCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Paris / France
Age: 38
Posts: 2,820
Nobody has been forced to join the lemonamiga forums, and from my point of view, Kim Lemon is here a member like others, with some nice projects. Now, I understand you can have personal problem with him, so you should sort them with PM / email / IRC.
You can of course express your feeling in public like now, but simply be warned if a kind of flame war is started, we will close the discussion
RCK is offline  
Old 06 December 2004, 20:50   #50
RCK
Administrator

RCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Paris / France
Age: 38
Posts: 2,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallaxScroll
I won't call names. I only must say what happened because everyone seems as if nothing has happened.
Sorry but nothing happened at EAB, you are in the wrong realm my friend
RCK is offline  
Old 06 December 2004, 20:51   #51
oldpx
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK
I understand you can have personal problem with him, so you should sort them with PM / email / IRC.
I don't want a war at all so why suggest me to do so via pm?
Quote:
You can of course express your feeling in public like now, but simply be warned if a kind of flame war is started, we will close the discussion
As usual boss.
Quote:
Sorry but nothing happened at EAB, you are in the wrong realm my friend
And never will. This proves my point to post this stuff however.
 
Old 06 December 2004, 20:57   #52
Jim
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Lemon
You are actually blowing this way out of porportion. During the nearly 8 years Lemon64 has been online, we have banned a total of of approximately seven or eight users including the three or four users I mentioned above.
That's not strictly true.

I think I managed to register about 40 users one night on Lemon64, and they all got banned

But that's only after I started being accused of destroying LemonAmiga (with my piss-taking poll) and not being able to state my side of the story with my original Jim userid (in Lem64) after it got deleted for a reason which must just have been your frustration with my poll on the EAB.

I had no problems with you until then, my only problems before that was lemonamiga just being a forum with no useable website and users talking about the same things and copying post ideas from EAB.

But surely now I deserve a whole heap of thanks, because that poll gave you the kick up the ass and the determination needed to make a proper site and not just a forum

I wonder if the lemon-meltdown & resurrection hadn't happened in the way it did if lemonamiga would still now be a quiet forum and you'd still be drinking beer and occasionaly working on launching a proper site? I'm not accusing you of being lazy, I know exactly what it's like - I'm supposed to be making a site but have taken time-out to write this......after taking time-out to sort through my MP3 collection for a old tune I wanted to listen too.....after taking time-out for lunch.....

I'll be the first to admit now that lemonamiga has launched for real the site is actually quite good. OK, The Superfrog design is not original, you're using heaps of lemon64 code but the abilitiy to easily comment on games, write reviews etc... is something I like. You're missing some games but in my opinion that's better than having too many games - I suffer from information overload sometimes.

I'm sure you've noticed I've probably written about 50+ comments/votes to your site.

I still have issues with the forum, and it seems certain users on there have issues with me.

Whilst they might accuse the EAB people of being rude/harsh/unfriendly I think you have the reverse of this problem on there. People are too afraid to state opinions, everybody agrees with everybody or if they don't the disagreement is usually posted after a series of apologies and with a trail of further apologies posted after just for good measure.

I have yet to see any of the examples Burseg was talking about re-occuring but I suppose only time will tell if things really have changed. Now the question is, after I've said all this.....do you ban me!?
 
Old 06 December 2004, 21:07   #53
Jim
 
Posts: n/a
P.S. For people interested (and to get back on-topic) http://www.lemonamiga.com is now active again after today's downtime.
 
Old 06 December 2004, 21:53   #54
Kim Lemon
Registered User
Kim Lemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 37
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
That's not strictly true.

I think I managed to register about 40 users one night on Lemon64, and they all got banned
Good to find out who it was, that surely was one busy night for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
But that's only after I started being accused of destroying LemonAmiga (with my piss-taking poll) and not being able to state my side of the story with my original Jim userid (in Lem64) after it got deleted for a reason which must just have been your frustration with my poll on the EAB.
Your poll had a very small, or no roll at all in this case. It was more likely due to many small negative things which became too much for me in the end. I was working very hard on it, was totally focused and very sensitive for critism during that time. At first I liked the negative views and sarcasm, it was a drive for me to prove that the site would become pretty good. But then it changed, I guess I got fed up by everything and felt very unwelcome in the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I had no problems with you until then, my only problems before that was lemonamiga just being a forum with no useable website and users talking about the same things and copying post ideas from EAB.
That happens with forums all the time, especially when they're newly launched. I don't think it's no big deal really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I'll be the first to admit now that lemonamiga has launched for real the site is actually quite good. OK, The Superfrog design is not original, you're using heaps of lemon64 code but the abilitiy to easily comment on games, write reviews etc... is something I like. You're missing some games but in my opinion that's better than having too many games - I suffer from information overload sometimes.
Glad to hear this. I like your game comments as they're often filled with quite some humour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Whilst they might accuse the EAB people of being rude/harsh/unfriendly I think you have the reverse of this problem on there. People are too afraid to state opinions, everybody agrees with everybody or if they don't the disagreement is usually posted after a series of apologies and with a trail of further apologies posted after just for good measure.
This is a problem which I will bring up on LA. A few people are overprotective about LA, and apologize for stuff that really doesn't have to be excused for. For me it feels very strange, and it's not something we have over at Lemon64. Maybe people feel insecure because everything is new, maybe it's because of the strict rules I set up, or a combination. I see what I can do about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Now the question is, after I've said all this.....do you ban me!?
Yes, permanent!!!!
Kim Lemon is offline  
Old 06 December 2004, 23:23   #55
Marcuz
Wurk???
Marcuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: .
Age: 40
Posts: 5,148
as i've said the new site is nice and well done; my wish is that the recent and distasteful past i've had on your board is a closed chapter as it is for me since i've registered again. good work
Marcuz is offline  
Old 07 December 2004, 00:50   #56
fisken uno
Commodore's biatch
fisken uno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Age: 36
Posts: 670
Oooooh! What's all this talk about asses, cunts, fags and pimps? Why wasn't I notified? I am an expert on these subject matters!
fisken uno is offline  
Old 07 December 2004, 00:56   #57
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 54
Posts: 2,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisken uno
Oooooh! What's all this talk about asses, cunts, fags and pimps? Why wasn't I notified? I am an expert on these subject matters!
Hmm, I don't want to air in public what you *really* are an expert at Fisken
jmmijo is offline  
Old 07 December 2004, 01:01   #58
Jim
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisken uno
Oooooh! What's all this talk about asses, cunts, fags and pimps? Why wasn't I notified? I am an expert on these subject matters!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmijo
Hmm, I don't want to air in public what you *really* are an expert at Fisken
I can teach you how to be a number 2, how to hand-roll a number 3 and why number 4 isn't all it cracks up to be. As for number 1.....I'll have to sit on it for a while whilst I think
 
Old 07 December 2004, 01:09   #59
jmmijo
Junior Member
jmmijo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: PDX
Age: 54
Posts: 2,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
I can teach you how to be a number 2, how to hand-roll a number 3 and why number 4 isn't all it cracks up to be. As for number 1.....I'll have to sit on it for a while whilst I think
jmmijo is offline  
Old 07 December 2004, 01:10   #60
fisken uno
Commodore's biatch
fisken uno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sweden
Age: 36
Posts: 670
rofl! You guys are too funneh.
fisken uno is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amiga Games That Weren't Is Launched! CodyJarrett project.aGTW 53 12 December 2013 19:09
New Amiga adf website launched ! Hercules Amiga websites reviews 44 23 September 2010 11:23
Amiga Magazine Rack launched! Codetapper News 79 26 December 2007 07:46
Possibility of Amiga virus launched under emulator impacting host Windows PC? watzwat New to Emulation or Amiga scene 27 22 September 2007 17:55
The Lemon Amiga forum is Launched Lemon News 13 15 July 2004 23:03

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.23392 seconds with 11 queries