English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 July 2008, 23:50   #141
4pLaY
resistance.no

Nice thread to read and while im at it im looking for these peep, perhaps they are somewere in here? or someone knows where i can find them? :

Nock
Magic Rocket
Laxical
Medi
Hellraiser
Chill
Daffy
Sachy
Eddy
Zigus
Flux

Almost forgot, i noticed someone earlier mentioning Etrigan! dunno if you are still reading or someone else who knew him but he died a while back from a heroin overdose.

Last edited by 4pLaY; 06 July 2008 at 00:11.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 06 July 2008, 00:31   #142
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pLaY View Post
Nice thread to read and while im at it im looking for these peep, perhaps they are somewere in here? or someone knows where i can find them? :

Nock
Magic Rocket
Laxical
Medi
Hellraiser
Chill
Daffy
Sachy
Eddy
Zigus
Flux

Why would you need to find Magic Rocket? Couldn't resist :P Anyway, I still have contact to Laxical from time to time but he's not much around these days. I'll probably meet him at some darkwave/gothic events next year here in Germany (WGT/Mera L'una for the germans here ;D).

Edit: just noticed that this was my post #666 hilarious =)

Last edited by StingRay; 06 July 2008 at 00:38.
Old 06 July 2008, 01:50   #143
checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Why would you need to find Magic Rocket? Couldn't resist :P Anyway, I still have contact to Laxical from time to time but he's not much around these days. I'll probably meet him at some darkwave/gothic events next year here in Germany (WGT/Mera L'una for the germans here ;D).

to StingRay:

was soll das denn heißen ??? ein paar gute cracks hatte ich ja auch gemacht ...

Old 06 July 2008, 02:29   #144
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by checker View Post
to StingRay:

was soll das denn heißen ??? ein paar gute cracks hatte ich ja auch gemacht ...
Internal joke Weder böse gemeint noch sonderlich ernst zu nehmen!
Old 06 July 2008, 02:31   #145
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:

Nock
Magic Rocket
Laxical
Medi
Hellraiser
Chill
Daffy
Sachy
Eddy
Zigus
Flux

Almost forgot, i noticed someone earlier mentioning Etrigan! dunno if you are still reading or someone else who knew him but he died a while back from a heroin overdose.
Daffy aka Daffy Duck?
Old 06 July 2008, 02:33   #146
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby$$ View Post
Then another copyparty, a serious amount of alc, met up with Hobbs (irish guy cant remember names) Ashley, Dreamwarrior (James - Methanoid now?).. There was Jens there from TSL, Clacka (?) etc.. got introduced to drinking a serious amount of Beer coz of the Irish there and at some point, all the above people and Cyrus Corp members, became TSL (Silents) UK... (apart from Jens (not sure of his handle) of TSL and Jester (Colin) of Quartex.)
Dreamwarrior was called James but he could barely see his own nose he was so blind.

yes, I am James and yes I was a sysop but no, my handle wasn't Dream Warrior. I was in Quartex and DW was never.

Jester/Colin, yeah I rememeber him. Only met him once tho... I wonder what happened to all the guys I knew...
Old 06 July 2008, 11:58   #147
4pLaY
resistance.no

Quote:

Hehe good good send him my greets if you meet up and ask how the pr0n business is going ;-).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Daffy aka Daffy Duck?
If he is portugese its the same man! cant remember if he used only daffy or daffy duck anymore.

Last edited by BippyM; 06 July 2008 at 14:54.
Old 06 July 2008, 12:55   #148
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Hehe good good send him my greets if you meet up and ask how the pr0n business is going ;-).
will do he's not doing music for skin-flicks anymore as far as I know. if you come across a band called Schattenschlag (EBM/Industrial), that's him! But knowing the 4player I'm sure you won't like this kind of music anyway.
Old 06 July 2008, 13:33   #149
4pLaY
resistance.no

Quote:
will do he's not doing music for skin-flicks anymore as far as I know. if you come across a band called Schattenschlag (EBM/Industrial), that's him! But knowing the 4player I'm sure you won't like this kind of music anyway.
Hehe i like all kinds of different types of music .
Old 08 July 2008, 01:39   #150
Mungo
ATX - For Fun Not Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Dreamwarrior was called James but he could barely see his own nose he was so blind.
That's just brought back the memory of watching him with his faced all-but squeezed against the monitor while he was downloading from the boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby$$
I remember a slipstream party here in Bournemouth which was... hmm.. well you had to be there.
I remember that one quite fondly. Looked back at the Slipstream demo released afterwards. A bit of a shock to see myself looking all young and sprightly. They mistook me for Hydro in the text (I'm the sad looking bugger in the, oh dear God no, MTV t-shirt). The 'Some other lamer' was Raster if I remember the text correctly.

Mind you, we got Dan back for that, as well as his 'Oh no, not Anthrox' comment. The git.

Try typing 'DAN' into the user interface in Sploosh. An, ahem, 'top secret' code that we didn't tell anyone. Honest guv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby$$
A guy some of you may know on here and another cnetter Sinbad (Dave)
He was a talented so-and-so. Had him in Anthrox for a bit and he came up with a mod playing routine that would run in 2 raster lines.

Wasn't there an SAE demo that listed his 'top five recreational chemicals'?

Last edited by Mungo; 08 July 2008 at 01:45.
Old 08 July 2008, 02:13   #151
alewis
Monochrome and 8 bit

Hey, AbYY$$ (?!) whereabouts in Bournemouth are you? Just wondering if we knew each other
Old 08 July 2008, 05:18   #152
Hydra

OMG no way!

Here I was updating my wikipedia page for HydraIRC (my irc client, always did like writing comms software '/me points at HydraBBS') and I thought, what comes up when I search for "Dominic Clifton" in google and lo and behold this thread came up!

And, this ancient thread has actually been posted to within the last few hours! weird coincidences, I love em.

Glad to see you lot are all still around, I guess a quick status update from me would be apt.

I used to be in Bournemouth, yes, though I've been in London for the last 8 years now (crikey), not married (yet) - g/f currently in China.

These day's I'm busy with php and java coding, along with tinkering around with OpenWRT (http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/...SpeedportW701V) and Lego Mindstorms.

You're never too old for Lego. Why just the other day I made this: [ Show youtube player ]

FUN!

heheh

Anyway, keep an eye on www.xyklar.org over the coming months - my new php5 OO framework.

I also tinker with RC cars too, find me on maxbashing.com if you're into RC's.

Oh, and my other passions are Mountain Biking and Snowboarding. Currently riding Orange Patriot 66 '06 and a GNU Altered Genetics '07 for those that care.

I'm on facebook too, i think there's only one other Dominic Clifton on there right now and I'm the London one.

Oh, and back to Amiga stuff for a sec...

I was down in Bournemouth visiting my parents a month or so ago, found out they threw out my A1200 that used to run Utopia! on HydraBBS What's worse was find my brothers old A500 that had coffee spilled on it in a drawer in my old room. Bah! My A1200 had a nice Microbotics 68030 board in it to sob sob..

Still, at least my CDTV (yes, I said CDTV, someone had to own one) was still all present and correct apart from, annoyingly, it's remote control, which was stolen along with my PSX and 3DO when some git burgled my old flat.

I had great fun in trying out some old amiga demo disks. Red Sector Megademo being a classic. And a few Crusaders music disks.

Popped into the loft and i must have hundreds of floppies in there, what's crazy is that most of them worked when I tried them! Not like PC 3.5" disks these days that you get to use like once, and it works, then use it in a different machine only for the disk never to work ever again. They don't make em like they used too.

Alan, (it is Alan right alewis) that place we went to was Digital Symposium '95 IIRC. I think Geoff (Horror) took a video on VHS and I think I have a copy of that still somewhere. I'll *have* to dig it out at some point!

Old 08 July 2008, 11:33   #153
alewis
Monochrome and 8 bit

Yo Dominic! Yes, it is. I remember that day well... bloody long day, you coming up the night before, us driving up there at god o'clock in the morning. if you have that tape... gimme gimme gimme :-)

I still have some of the mail trading letters somewhere... but the very last bits of Amiga kit on are ebay at the moment. Sold my beloved B2000 3 years ago, and my precious A4000s and A1200T last year.

Will have to have a natter soon mate, been a few years and a lot has changed :-)
Old 08 July 2008, 16:01   #154
wilshy

Send a message via AIM to wilshy Send a message via MSN to wilshy
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash/nvx View Post
still talk to 5-6 of nvx even though the last thing we did was in 2000, except for the Mindcandy 2 dvd commentary for Relic 2 years ago. chat by email, msn and occasionally on the phone and we meet up once a year (maybe)...
Where's my invite dammit?!

Still speak to one old scene mate from time to time, Wade (who's more recently been in Haujobb and Scoopex I think). Couple of others as well.

Some old names I recognise in this thread as well.

I'm saying nothing about any shenanigans I used to get up to that could've lead to being busted.
Old 06 September 2008, 00:04   #155
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby$$ View Post
Somewhere in the loft I have boxes of disks from back then.

I really should dig them all out to see if I can get some of my graphics off them, if they still read.

I know about a year ago I did some searches for "the silents" or "TSL" and found some of my logo's in screenshots on websites.

There is also a game I worked on with a couple fantastic coders that was almost completed but never released.. I was telling them a year or so ago we should finish it, it was a scrolling 16 million colour game with ham bobs without fringing.. basicly an air hocky game, with lots of 3d graphics and lightwave rendered scrolling tables with images a bit like a pinball table.. all working in a standard a1200.

The annoying thing was that back in the day, TSL-UK had some talented people in it, but, the person in charge, kinda kept contact details of members under his hat, so that people had to go through him.. at copy parties we mostly got drunk, coded some stuff and were not organised enough to swap contact details.. so, with all the hassles of actually doing anything and the block of having someone getting in the way of making some demos and intro's.. nothing happened..

It was still fun though.

Also in the mix at one point, I am sure some back biting started and somehow some of us ended up in Scoopex.. I think I found out by reading a welcome message in one of comrade J's sine scrollers welcoming us to Scoopex, yet I didnt know it had happened.

I am a bit disapointed in ComradeJ being an expert witness in screwing someone over in the scene though... If it was T.I.W I could have understood it, he was always a bit of a hand grenade personality!
Tas of Cyrus did a big demo, but i'll be fucked if I can remember what the name of it was, can you?
Old 07 September 2008, 00:07   #156
MajicMushroom
Proper Old Skool Scener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Tas of Cyrus did a big demo, but i'll be fucked if I can remember what the name of it was, can you?
Ego Trip
Old 07 September 2008, 12:52   #157
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajicMushroom View Post
Ego Trip

Can't find it anywhere, was big news when it was released as it 'appeared' that TAS was some kind of new mega coder from nowhere......... alas the RSI demomaker vector objects suggested otherwise!

Still want to WHDLoad it though to preserve it.
Old 07 September 2008, 13:14   #158
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Right, I don't want to bother preserving it now!

I'd forgotten just how bloody boring a demo it was.... goes on and on and on, repeating the same effects over and over again.

No ta!
Old 07 September 2008, 13:15   #159
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajicMushroom View Post
Ego Trip
Top bloke, but the demo itself hasn't stood the test of time very well. Music is still nice though, I remembered it better than I thought I would having not heard it for nearly 20 years!!!!!
Old 07 September 2008, 23:13   #160
MajicMushroom
Proper Old Skool Scener

I remember when it first came out, people suspected the code was ripped off as it was his first ever demo and people couldn't believe that a first demo could have been that good.

You're right though, it is a bit boring, bit like Digital Innovation. 26 minutes long, yeah, that's cos it's on loop
AdSense AdSense