English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Thread Tools
Old 14 August 2004, 16:55   #1
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind
Mr Creosote's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 527
Network trouble

I've changed my local network setup a bit, and now my A1200 is cut off for some reason. I'm trying to connect the Amiga to the network router via Nullmodem cable. The process on the router identifies itself as following:
/usr/sbin/pppd /dev/com1 57600 crtscts silent persist noauth
On the Amiga side, I have Miami (standard version which came with OS 3.5). Since I can't post my configuration file without net access, I'll give a short breakdown of what I've chosen as options:
serial.device, unit 0
speed: 57600
protocol: async PPP
EOF: auto
IP: dynamic
handshaking: RTS/CTS
Mode: 8N1
PAP/CHAP: like dial module
ACCM: a0000 (all other options on this page not chosen)
Dial Module: Nothing
Hostname: dynamic
TCP/IP: DHCP (the rest not chosen)
Modem: Nullmodem
Socks: not active
When I try to connect, Miami says "MiamiInit is configuring PPP level LCP. Please wait..." and then after a few seconds "Couldn't configure Link-Level-Protocol".

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Mr Creosote is offline  
Old 14 August 2004, 17:47   #2
Registered User
RetroMan's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Germany
Age: 45
Posts: 3,704
First, try a slower speed !

Then maybe have a look at NullTCP on Aminet, it has all the settings for Miami to connect a PeCe with an Amiga via Nullmodem cable
RetroMan is offline  
Old 14 August 2004, 19:04   #3
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind
Mr Creosote's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Posts: 527
Right! I got it working. The problem was that I hadn't even configured the DHCP server to hand out IP addresses of the 192.168.5.* range. Stupid, I know Telling Miami to use a static IP and hostname instead did the trick. Thanks for the help

There's a new problem now, though: Miami connects, but it tells me it can't find any DNS server. I'll try playing around with the respective settings, but if anyone has any ideas...

Edit: Oh, damn! It still doesn't work at all. When I tried it, Aweb just pulled a website from the cache. DHCP is out now, of course, but other than that, I'm still where I started. There's some problem with Miami's 'Database'. Whenever I enter something there, it only shows empty entries after going to another menu item and then returning. This doesn't seem right

Last edited by Mr Creosote; 14 August 2004 at 20:00.
Mr Creosote is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Picasso IV Trouble CU_AMiGA support.Hardware 105 17 April 2008 14:25
Sound trouble MGWolfstone support.WinUAE 24 04 October 2007 18:00
Having trouble getting anywhere. telanduril New to Emulation or Amiga scene 25 29 September 2006 16:12
hdd trouble... jrom support.Hardware 19 02 May 2004 19:21
Vsync trouble VermillioN support.WinUAE 9 14 February 2003 06:07

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.05709 seconds with 12 queries