English Amiga Board Amiga Lore

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 08 August 2004, 17:43   #1
Macca
Zone Friend

WHDLoad Errors?

On Xenon2WHD17 and a couple of others which I've forgotten now, I get the attached error.

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Save1.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	7291  

Last edited by Macca; 08 August 2004 at 18:04.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 08 August 2004, 17:55   #2
DeCreator

i get the same error for the 1.6 slave but i know i have had it working in an earlier version of winuae as i remember playing it recently. I am going to try and figure what version of winuae it was.

Also I may try an earlier version of whdload as i know i had it running at some point

Old 08 August 2004, 18:04   #3
Macca
Zone Friend

Cheers mate.

I'm looking into it now - there are a few WHD ganes that don't work (and the 'registered' WHDLoad needed is also annoying as it means I can't include them in the DVD.
Old 08 August 2004, 18:10   #4
DeCreator

Right i have this working in winuae latest version.

I used the CAPS releases to test

CAPS 297 gave me the illegal error
CAPS 1762 works fine, I started playing the first level

I will include this in the August update.

Please DO NOT include any pirated WHDLoad keys in any DVD's. I think you will find most whdload users have registered and if they have not shame on them. Hope you have as well my friend

Old 08 August 2004, 18:21   #5
Macca
Zone Friend

I am using the unregistered version until the DVD is finalised. (I don't currently own any Key - I saw a pirated one and chose not to get it as it would not help this little project I am doing).

As soon as the DVD is done I am going to register it. I don't want to register now as that would hinder the finalisation of the (unregistered) DVD.

If I see other games not working I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Macca.

Last edited by Macca; 08 August 2004 at 18:36.
Old 08 August 2004, 18:32   #6
Macca
Zone Friend

Another two found:

Eye of the Beholder 1
Indiana Jones 4: Fate of Atlantis (Adventure) - Error Included
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Save2.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	7292  
Old 08 August 2004, 18:35   #7
oldpx

Including registered games isn't illegal as long as you don't include a key, they'll display a message that a key is not found and will quit.

Old 08 August 2004, 18:37   #8
Macca
Zone Friend

I did guess that but I thought it would spoil some peoples enjoyment of the DVD. However it would prompt more people to actually get the registered version.

It's a maybe I think - I may actually include a readme that states these game needs the registered version of WHD which you can get at...... etc...

Any views - would it annoy you to have games that you can't run without paying cash for...
Old 08 August 2004, 18:48   #9
oldpx

On the contrary, including them may persuade more people to register whdload and I prefer it that way

Old 08 August 2004, 18:59   #10
DeCreator

Indy FOA works fine on my winuae

Eye of the beholder are you talking about the xpk decrunch error ? as this is a known issue of the slave (there is another thread about this) and on the whdload site the slave author is looking at it

Old 08 August 2004, 19:04   #11
Macca
Zone Friend

I was on about that error - Indy doesn't work (with the above error) but will retry when I've redownloaded that pack from you.

Macca.
Old 08 August 2004, 19:07   #12
DeCreator

Indy FOA, try getting the latest slave from the whdload site, there is a cosmetic error, the slave in the splash screen says 1.2 but really it is 1.3 if you look at the readme. this slave works fine for me

Old 08 August 2004, 19:36   #13
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

I aint goin through 2 gig of whd games
So far the only probs i have had is ( WHD needs registering b4 proceeding ) on the odd couple !!!
If you guys have a key then no probs !!!
Old 08 August 2004, 19:56   #14
Macca
Zone Friend

The errors are not 'registered' related if they were then it would not have been a problem. Hell the games might work properly on a real Amiga but until it's finished copying back and my memory arrives then I can't check!
Old 08 August 2004, 21:10   #15
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca
The errors are not 'registered' related if they were then it would not have been a problem. Hell the games might work properly on a real Amiga but until it's finished copying back and my memory arrives then I can't check!
Hmmm!!
Actually i was referring to the fact that the WHD games i have run give no probs so far from DVD...And thats 2 gigs worth to play with. ( it was meant as a joke on my part ).

But!!!
Surely knowing the games do actually work tell you something
Old 08 August 2004, 22:03   #16
Macca
Zone Friend

Yeah it's trying to track down where the problem lies. As most of the WHDLoad games work on WinUAE it's annoying when some don't.

Whether that's down to something my end, the emulator or image I don't know, hence I post them here so someone may be able to shed light on them.

At the moment the Amiga is run off my HD. I have about the same amount of ROMs as you (unfortunately not all are WHDLoadable as there is no installer for some) and as some are cracked WHDLoad doesn't like some of them anyway!

As you will no doubt know - the testing stage is the most critical part of anything you do - if it doesn't work then there's no point it being there until the thing is fixed. I'll try and grab a different version from somewhere and see if I can get that to work.

Macca.
AdSense AdSense