English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 August 2004, 02:23   #41
Oscar Castillo

Send a message via AIM to Oscar Castillo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severin
@unknown k

I recently tried this site on my mums Win ME /IE 5 setup, it was ferking painful, really slow and unresponsive, her machine isn't brilliant but is well above the reccommeneded setup for ME. IBrowse has it's limitations but it's bloody responsive......

You also have to realize all the embedded crap on websites out there that IE recognizes and other browsers do not. That has much to do with responsiveness. I use FireFox most of the time on OS X and don't really use Safari at all anymore. I notice that each browser has its little quirks on certain sites.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 August 2004, 03:31   #42
Pyromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown_K
Developers left the Amiga platform a long time ago, all thats left are people selling products they don't have to work on anymore and hobbyists.

Out of curiosity how many people here use OS 3.x made after Commodore went under (thats 3.5 and above)? And how many actualy have a PPC driven Amiga thats actualy used for anything?
I use OS 3.9, OS 4.0 Beta on CyberStormPPC, and I have new software for Amiga that I have developed.
Old 09 August 2004, 05:13   #43
Unknown_K

Send a message via ICQ to Unknown_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania
I use OS 3.9, OS 4.0 Beta on CyberStormPPC, and I have new software for Amiga that I have developed.

If you did not sell software for the Amiga platform would you be using 3.9/4.0?

Developers tend to have the old and the new stuff around to check for compatibility of their products, most users just stick with what works.
Old 10 August 2004, 00:45   #44
Severin

Send a message via ICQ to Severin
Quote:
Severin: Maybe your moms setup has problems, you didnt mention what machine she had either (could be real slow) or if she had dialup or broadband.
she's runnig ME on a 1 gig machine, 768mb ram, with about 1/2 gig free for virtual mem iirc. She has dialup that is actually slightly faster than mine (she connects at 44,000 on average, whereas I connect at around 33,600), She has more raw power and menory than I have, her pc would be much faster than my A1 if it wasn't for the windows factor
Old 18 August 2004, 22:12   #45
P-J
EAB veteran... Honest!

Send a message via MSN to P-J
Personally I think AROS is the way forward.

x86 has the lions share of the market. Why choose PPC when x86 is so much cheaper?
Old 03 October 2004, 22:11   #46
Pyromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira
Who's got the pre-release version of OS4? And why are you not posting any reports?

I want to hear how it is, come on, post your thoughts and as much info as possible!
I have been using an Amiga One with OS 4.0 for a couple of weeks now and I would like to report that it is a very nice system. I will be getting a Pegasus II with MorphOS soon as well. I will report how I like that system.
AdSense AdSense