English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 03 September 2003, 00:14   #21
fisken uno
Commodore's biatch

GRRRRR

Ok, I feel somehow that the blame is put on ME for this and y'all think Cody is such a great thinker for actually figuring out that if we don't "badmouth" people they won't get pissed! Wow, what a brilliant idea... just that I said "let's not talk any more about him" before this shit broke. What's strange is that you people all of a sudden think we shouldn't talk about Burseg, but before most of us knew he was around it was completely ok to kick dirt on him! If my memory serves me Dastardly dropped a slightly sarcastic comment about AmigaBoy and Zark (?) defended him saying it was unasked for (should of course add that Dastardly apologised). Antiriad hasn't followed up HIS comment in any way, he's probably watching his work with a smile on his face right now. For the last time: Don't post comments about people that you wouldn't like themselves to read!! Because they might eventually do it and then don't fucking blame me when they're wreaking havoc on the board! I'd do the same.

This was my LAST words about Burseg... until somebody pisses on his open grave AGAIN.

BTW he doesn't want to be defended... as he said himself... but I'm not defending him. I just wouldn't want to come back after having been away, just to find that ppl had posted lots of stupid shit that they didn't think I'd read anyway. That's what fucking matters.

And for you who think I'm too off-topic for your tastes - suggest to a mod that he should ban me. He'd probably do it too, they seem to be pretty fond of that. Or don't read my posts. The only person I feel I've treated bad so far was Rattus in the mugshots thread, but I feel we've worked that out by now.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 03 September 2003, 00:46   #22
Jan

It is remarkable that you keep talking about things that happened months before you even joined, or about people that you never got to know.
Old 03 September 2003, 01:14   #23
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
Quote:
It is remarkable that you keep talking about things that happened months before you even joined, or about people that you never got to know.
a bit like starting a new job, and your new work mates talk amongst themselves about previous employees

Quote:
Which is what certain people are doing extensively... more and more senseless, blah blah bullshit every day. The main purpose of this board is slowly being pushed into the background.
the purpose of this board is talk about the Amiga, but the Amiga is a retro format... now i not saying i disagree that there maybe too much off-topic talk, but not much is happening in the way of development on the Amiga, YES we have CAPS, APoV, HOL etc etc, which are all great projects, but being restricted to just the Amiga would be difficult

i personally didn't have a problem with Burseg, i looked upon him as a valued member of EAB... he probably didn't liked getting kicked which is why he went a bit silly with the "picture upload"...
Old 03 September 2003, 01:23   #24
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
The off-topic talk is necessary to make connections and to make everyone on a forum feel more at home. It is also a way to get to know eachother a little bit better. This sometimes lead to people realizing that they don't share the same viewpoint on different things.

This is something that some people have hard to accept, and sometimes it even bugs people to the extreme that they either leave or tries to make the other person to leave.

That is why we sometimes see topics evolving into pure flame wars and that is when the moderators step in and take appropriate actions.

Sometimes the mods actions can be questionable, but this should be delt with internally between the mod and the instigators.

If two people realize that they can't stand eachother, this should also be delt with personally via pm or email and not as a topic on a forum.

...just my two cents
Old 03 September 2003, 01:25   #25
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I'm with you on that NinjaFatherXmas
Old 03 September 2003, 02:06   #26
Dizzy
Pirate

DAMN Santa, you're right. I wish I had 2 cents.
Old 03 September 2003, 02:35   #27
jmmijo

Due to inflation I can't even post my $0.02 worth

But I agree with St. Nick as well

OT means, well OT. But I do think that there are lines that can be crossed. Does it mean that everyone can agree to well dis-agree Is this not what forums are for ?!? Well, within the framework of said forum rules and such that is

BTW - has anybody noticed the great rotating banners with all those lovely game characters yet
Old 03 September 2003, 03:10   #28
fisken uno
Commodore's biatch

Quote:
Originally posted by Jan
Tssk.

I'm NOT. I'm talking about what I've seen before my eyes recently. Haven't I made clear that I'm aware that I know to few facts about what has happened? But damn it you guys are living in the past! You judge Burseg according to how he acted a long time ago, unwilling to even consider that he might've changed. I don't bother with those old incidents, I judge him after what I've seen of him NOW. And this isn't just about him! I wouldn't like if people badmouthed Amigaboy OR Godflesh. All I know about these are what I've heard, but talking crap and thinking that they'll probably not read it is so stupid no matter WHO is the target.

This ain't leading nowhere so I suggest we put the lid on. You won't change, I won't change. Oh boy haven't I seen this movie before?
Old 03 September 2003, 07:17   #29
Akira

Quote:
Originally posted by KombatSanta
If two people realize that they can't stand eachother, this should also be delt with personally via pm or email and not as a topic on a forum.
Or through other ways, if the two opponents are witty enough :wink ;D

By the way, fisken DID SEE what happened, as he mentioned when he joined, he was a LURKER. So stop saying that.

Seems like the EAB arecently got an overload of offtopicness. This is normal, it comes and goes All our life is not 100% amiga, is it?
Old 03 September 2003, 09:28   #30
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Quote:
Originally posted by jmmijo
BTW - has anybody noticed the great rotating banners with all those lovely game characters yet
Actually, I HAVE noticed the rotating banners and have have to award them a great big - Now I'm always wondering what today's banner will be when I come in, and it's a very nice touch.

As for the topic of this particular off-topic thread, the sooner it fades into obscurity the better, IMHO. Whatever conflicts occurred, at whatever times, and for whatever reasons ... continued references to them never seems to result in anything other than new and/or renewed conflicts. Rather than wasting our time on and we ought to be able to simply leave the past in the past, and have some fun being as usual. If somebody really wants to start a major fight down the road, we can always :kill the offender later, but until then it consumes too much energy to no good effect.

Just my $.02, of course ...
Old 03 September 2003, 10:20   #31
Jan

Quote:
Originally posted by fisken uno
You judge Burseg according to how he acted a long time ago, unwilling to even consider that he might've changed.
I consider Burseg to be a nice fellow and we are in good contact over at Emu-UK. It's a pity that he was banned here, but that's not my business.
Old 03 September 2003, 16:41   #32
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Re: GRRRRR

Quote:
Originally posted by fisken uno
Ok, I feel somehow that the blame is put on ME for this and y'all think Cody is such a great thinker for actually figuring out that if we don't "badmouth" people they won't get pissed! Wow, what a brilliant idea... just that I said "let's not talk any more about him" before this shit broke. What's strange is that you people all of a sudden think we shouldn't talk about Burseg, but before most of us knew he was around it was completely ok to kick dirt on him! If my memory serves me Dastardly dropped a slightly sarcastic comment about AmigaBoy and Zark (?) defended him saying it was unasked for (should of course add that Dastardly apologised). Antiriad hasn't followed up HIS comment in any way, he's probably watching his work with a smile on his face right now. For the last time: Don't post comments about people that you wouldn't like themselves to read!! Because they might eventually do it and then don't fucking blame me when they're wreaking havoc on the board! I'd do the same.

This was my LAST words about Burseg... until somebody pisses on his open grave AGAIN.

BTW he doesn't want to be defended... as he said himself... but I'm not defending him. I just wouldn't want to come back after having been away, just to find that ppl had posted lots of stupid shit that they didn't think I'd read anyway. That's what fucking matters.

And for you who think I'm too off-topic for your tastes - suggest to a mod that he should ban me. He'd probably do it too, they seem to be pretty fond of that. Or don't read my posts. The only person I feel I've treated bad so far was Rattus in the mugshots thread, but I feel we've worked that out by now.
*Sighs*
@Fisken. Calm down for a second. I don't believe that most of us "suddenly thought it was a brilliant idea". Common sense & circumstances of Burseg's departure were enough of a hint.
If you check again, Antiriad did reply his regret, however by then the damage resulting from both of your postings talking about Burseg had been done.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...0&pagenumber=2

Cody,Twistin,Akira,Fred & the other EAB Mods past & present , have done an excellent job moderating EAB,(Alongside RCK, which goes without saying). I think the (numbers of),membership,(& in several cases),& duration of memberships is testament to their getting the balance right.

As for your last comment,noone is suggesting you leave, but maybe you should read....
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3238

If you've got things to say that are outside those guidelines,keep it to PM's with the guys here you know aren't going to be offended/misunderstand by what you think.
Old 03 September 2003, 16:43   #33
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
nice to see that someone actually agrees with lill' 'ol me
Old 03 September 2003, 16:53   #34
cv643d

let him in and lets talk about Amiga again.
Old 03 September 2003, 17:07   #35
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Ooh I feel bad, I've never read the rules before! :eek :eek

I do feel that most of the rules are common sense though. Jumping Gigawatts Marty!

KombatSanta: lill' ol' you? You don't look little in your avatar
Old 03 September 2003, 17:41   #36
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by killergorilla

KombatSanta: lill' ol' you? You don't look little in your avatar
He was run over by Bob the Builder

Old 23 January 2004, 21:20   #37
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by cv643d
let him in and lets talk about Amiga again.
agree
AdSense AdSense