English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 22 May 2022, 12:20   #1
wiz12
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ireland
Posts: 543
IBrowse 2.5.6 + AmiSSL v5 Released

An update for IBrowse was released today along with a new version of AmiSSL v5. IBrowse 2.5.6 requires AmiSSL v5 so it's important to update it before updating IBrowse otherwise you will be left without HTTPS access.

  • Adapted to fully use OpenSSL 3.0, via AmiSSL v5
  • HTTP Brotli compression support
  • OpenSearch autodiscovery support
  • Gemini client, allowing loading of gemini: URLs
  • Improved Gopher support
  • JavaScript fixes and improvements
  • Google/Gmail account login fixed (became blocked in March)


https://www.ibrowse-dev.net/
wiz12 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 16:55   #2
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Hi there. In one of my installations, even though I followed the instructions and updated AMISSL first and then I browse, i still get error on https sites and IBrowse Network Program failed (error #80000006) and suspend or reboot. Can I fix that somehow? The installation is a 3.2.1 one.

Just to update my post, this is happening randomly in more than one WB installations. In some it works and ibrowse has https support and in others just doesn't. I always follow the same order (AMISSL first and then reboot and then i apply the IBrowse update). My Amikit XE installatios work, my 3.2.1 ones, 9ne works and the other no. Coffin R60 doesn't have https support after updates. I will try others as well but that is not suppose to happen.

Any ideas on why is happening and how to fix it?

Last edited by npagonis73; 22 May 2022 at 17:12.
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 17:51   #3
Mathesar
Registered User

Mathesar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 580
Cool! Will try it out asap.
Mathesar is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 18:03   #4
nikosidis
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: oslo/norway
Posts: 1,199
Thanks for the update

Tried it now and works fine.

Any chance for some future update to display EAB a little better?
nikosidis is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 18:29   #5
Leon Besson
Banned
Leon Besson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Anywhere and everywhere I have a contract
Posts: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosidis View Post
Thanks for the update

Tried it now and works fine.

Any chance for some future update to display EAB a little better?
On what setup Bromigo!?
Leon Besson is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 19:03   #6
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Age: 68
Posts: 7,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
An update for IBrowse was released today along with a new version of AmiSSL v5. IBrowse 2.5.6 requires AmiSSL v5 so it's important to update it before updating IBrowse otherwise you will be left without HTTPS access.

  • Adapted to fully use OpenSSL 3.0, via AmiSSL v5
  • HTTP Brotli compression support
  • OpenSearch autodiscovery support
  • Gemini client, allowing loading of gemini: URLs
  • Improved Gopher support
  • JavaScript fixes and improvements
  • Google/Gmail account login fixed (became blocked in March)


https://www.ibrowse-dev.net/



Install-IBrowse on OS 3.9 and 3.1 (those using Installer v43.3) crashes the Operating System and in some cases crashes WinUAE as well.

With OS 3.1.4/3.2/3.21 no problem !

The culprits/incompatible seem to be the Installer of OS 3.9 and the Installer v43.3 from Aminet
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 19:45   #7
nikosidis
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: oslo/norway
Posts: 1,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post
On what setup Bromigo!?

It is not really the matter of setup. It is the HTML engine I guess. IBrowse is a very stable, fast web-browser for Amiga but updates to the HTML engine is needed.
I know, it is not easy.

I just wish the most important Amiga pages was displayed correct.
Amigaworld.net seams to work very well.
Also simple pages like Aminet.net etc.
nikosidis is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 20:04   #8
Futaura
Registered User

Futaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Hi there. In one of my installations, even though I followed the instructions and updated AMISSL first and then I browse, i still get error on https sites and IBrowse Network Program failed (error #80000006) and suspend or reboot. Can I fix that somehow? The installation is a 3.2.1 one.

Just to update my post, this is happening randomly in more than one WB installations. In some it works and ibrowse has https support and in others just doesn't. I always follow the same order (AMISSL first and then reboot and then i apply the IBrowse update). My Amikit XE installatios work, my 3.2.1 ones, 9ne works and the other no. Coffin R60 doesn't have https support after updates. I will try others as well but that is not suppose to happen.

Any ideas on why is happening and how to fix it?
When installing AmiSSL v5, did you install it over your existing AmiSSL installation, as requested? If you installed it to a new location, it will prevent applications from using older AmSSL versions. Always install over the existing location, unless you know what you are doing. Applications will need to be recompiled to use AmiSSL v5, so you will need to keep AmiSSL v4 installed for now at least.

Did you have the crash problem with previous IBrowse versions? And does it happen with HTTP too, not only HTTPS? The 80000006 error doesn't mean a lot, without a stack trace from MuForce output.
Futaura is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 20:08   #9
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Hi there

I did install the new AMISSL on my existing AMISSL installation. Didn't change location or anything else. The crash issue happen only when trying to access https sites which of course don't work. Http sites work normally. The strange thing is that I followed the same procedure in all my installations and in some works in others don't
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 20:58   #10
Futaura
Registered User

Futaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
I did install the new AMISSL on my existing AMISSL installation. Didn't change location or anything else. The crash issue happen only when trying to access https sites which of course don't work. Http sites work normally. The strange thing is that I followed the same procedure in all my installations and in some works in others don't
And the same sites worked fine in IBrowse 2.5.5 on these systems that have the problem now? Do you have enough memory on these systems? IBrowse 2.5.6 + AmiSSL v5 requires probably an extra 1Mb of ram compared to before.

Also, try switching off brotli compression in IBrowse network settings. I don't quite understand it yet, but it seems to be broken on my OS3 system, despite me testing it as working before - is giving me blank pages currently Is working fine on OS4 still. Brotli compression is usually only used on https.
Futaura is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 21:13   #11
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaura View Post
And the same sites worked fine in IBrowse 2.5.5 on these systems that have the problem now? Do you have enough memory on these systems? IBrowse 2.5.6 + AmiSSL v5 requires probably an extra 1Mb of ram compared to before.



Also, try switching off brotli compression in IBrowse network settings. I don't quite understand it yet, but it seems to be broken on my OS3 system, despite me testing it as working before - is giving me blank pages currently Is working fine on OS4 still. Brotli compression is usually only used on https.
Yes all sites worked before with 2.5.5 and AMISSL 4.12. Memory shouldn't be an issue either since i use a vampire V1200.
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 21:24   #12
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Age: 68
Posts: 7,492
Can you write some links that don't work !
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 21:47   #13
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Can you write some links that don't work !
Hello Amigasystem

ThomasRapp site doesn't work and also https://forum.amiga.org/ . Nothing crazy just Amiga friendly sites that worked fine before and they also work in my other systems where the update of AMISSL and IBrowse went smoothly
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 22:41   #14
Futaura
Registered User

Futaura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
ThomasRapp site doesn't work and also https://forum.amiga.org/ . Nothing crazy just Amiga friendly sites that worked fine before and they also work in my other systems where the update of AMISSL and IBrowse went smoothly
Working fine here with OS3.2 on my A1200/060. Can you try "AmiSSL:OpenSSL s_client forum.amiga.org:443" to see if that crashes too?

Perhaps installing the 68060 version of AmiSSL might help for the V1200?
Futaura is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 22:47   #15
AMIGASYSTEM
Registered User
AMIGASYSTEM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Brindisi (Italy)
Age: 68
Posts: 7,492
@npagonis73

To me sites of "ThomasRapp" and "forum.amiga.org" work fine, you have some conflict in the system.

Look at the scrennshot and see if you have the same files, the ones you have extra move them and see if everything works.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 23 May 2022 at 22:34.
AMIGASYSTEM is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 22:58   #16
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaura View Post
Working fine here with OS3.2 on my A1200/060. Can you try "AmiSSL:OpenSSL s_client forum.amiga.org:443" to see if that crashes too?



Perhaps installing the 68060 version of AmiSSL might help for the V1200?
Tried what you said and i got that
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 23:01   #17
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
@npagonis73

To me sites of "ThomasRapp" and "forum.amiga.org" work fine, you have some conflict in the system.

Look at the scrennshot and see if you have the same files, the ones you have extra move them and see if everything works.
That is what is inside AMISSL folders
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 23:07   #18
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaura View Post
Working fine here with OS3.2 on my A1200/060. Can you try "AmiSSL:OpenSSL s_client forum.amiga.org:443" to see if that crashes too?



Perhaps installing the 68060 version of AmiSSL might help for the V1200?
Also usually Apollo suggests to use either 68020 or 68040 libraries or binaries for vampires. 060 ones are not always compatible fully with vampires
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 23:21   #19
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
Yes all sites worked before with 2.5.5 and AMISSL 4.12. Memory shouldn't be an issue either since i use a vampire V1200.
Turning Brotli compression off doesn't help either
npagonis73 is offline  
Old 22 May 2022, 23:24   #20
npagonis73
Registered User

npagonis73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Corfu / Greece
Posts: 337
Also i get this message when trying to access an https site. The browser just doesn't do anything and when quiting it I get this message. Clicking ignore quits it
npagonis73 is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AmiSSL Released AMIGASYSTEM News 154 02 June 2022 00:27
iBrowse 2.5.3 released today Weaselrama News 32 15 June 2020 21:46
IBrowse v2.5 and AmiSSL v4.3 Missing Certificates? tygre support.Apps 1 01 November 2019 10:42
Ibrowse 2.4 Released!! Highwayman News 0 22 December 2006 21:29
IBrowse 2.3 released Mr Creosote Amiga scene 5 02 February 2003 23:50

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.18801 seconds with 13 queries