Old 14 September 2003, 22:35   #21
Big-Byte
Long time member

Rob is the one with the baseball cap on - on keyboard
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 September 2003, 00:33   #22
Akira

I thought it was one of those new 17" powerbooks :P

That is hubbard alrightey then. I only recognized Daglish in that pic.
Old 15 September 2003, 00:48   #23
Cha1n

Question for the keen eyed Rob did something twice during that song ...

what was it..

Old 15 September 2003, 11:14   #24
Big-Byte
Long time member

I met lots of interesting people including
Ziphoid from Razor 1911 www.ziphoid.com

and two Swedish guys from an (active) Amiga demo group called tulou http://www.tulou.mu/

One question that they did ask was are there any active demo groups based in the UK?. They were very surprised at the lack of copy parties over here.

The photos are currently stuck on my camera atm as my pc is a bit screwed and wont recognise it so Im doing a re-install this week.

btw.. Hi Cha1n!! I cant answer your question as I wasnt paying that much attention by the end of the evening.

The bit where his keyboard stand collapsed was funny though.
Old 15 September 2003, 12:42   #25
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Ah it was a good day out. I realise I probably should have brought along the GP32, but nevermind. Twas nice to meet Big-Byte and FromWithin. Pity there werent more EABers there.

Met Richard Joseph which was great, felt a bit of a lemon when ANOTHER guy handed him a C64 cover sleeve of Antiriad to sign (oh well maybe next time eh?). He was amused by my Antiriad SMS logo and the self composed ringtone in particular

Joseph did inform me that he did a remix of The Chaos Engine theme and it was never released, I suggested he create a MP3 of it. Like FromWithin he also has some old stuff from past game projects tucked away somewhere.

Was quite a big thing for me considering he worked on my favourite game, that and all his other 8 and 16bit work with the Bitmaps, Palace and Sensible. I did hand him and some other guys this forum and Hols URl in the hope they may visit.

He in turn introduced me to Richard Leinfellner, former head of Palace. Turns out the reason Palace didnt survive the collapse of the movie side of the firm was that all of Titus's promises of money turned out to be balls.

Also met Jason page of Graftgold fame, he told me that there was going to be a CD32 of Uridium 2, but it never happened. Was amused to meet his wife Emma Cubberley (now Page obviously)
who provided all the deadpan female voice overs on that game. I dont think she appreciated me commenting on the cuteness of her maiden name

And yes, I was a idiot for not asking either RJ or JP about Putty Squad...although being the musicians, maybe they never got a full copy either?

Sadly Jeff Minter didnt show (no doubt working on Unity) nor Stoo Campbell. Never saw Chief either.

The music show was different... Ben Dalgleish was amusing, but like Rob Hubbard - having no C64 shots on the projector screen on the background kind of lessened the impact on the audienc. It was for this reason (and this alone) that I enjoyed Press Play on Tapes show more. However, that drummer guy should stick to just that, not donning those shades & naff green jacket and singing BADLY to C64 tunes

Rob Hubbard seemed to also be making a concious effort to avoid the crowd favourites and do obscure Atari XL, ST, Amiga and even Sinclair stuff. Maybe hes done that all to death at the previous shows?
Old 15 September 2003, 19:24   #26
Richard Joseph

It was great! Weather was nice too- but typical me, I went and got burnt on the beach on Sunday.

Great to meet people. FromWithin who I hadn't met before (no redeyes in your pics too and Antiriad with whom it was a real pleasure to talk about , erm, Antiriad. Nice bloke indeed (And thanks Antiriad for telling me about this board BTW)

And the place was crawling with the usual suspects- C64 remixers, personalities from a variety of eras and one or two of my own personal heroes. Brilliant geezers the lot of them.

Shame Jon Hare couldn't make it. He had a gig up in Suffolk somewhere. But it gave me the perfect excuse to get out of having to play live versions of Cannon Fodder and Goalscoringsuperstarhero ;-)

Old 15 September 2003, 19:40   #27
manicx

Richard Joseph, an all time hero in the eab forums!
Old 15 September 2003, 19:41   #28
Paul
RIP Friends

Welcome to EAB Richard

Edit...

Oh yes and to Cha1n
Old 15 September 2003, 19:49   #29
Richard Joseph

Nice to be here. It's so interesting to read all the posts. Ahh brings it all back

Old 15 September 2003, 19:54   #30
CHiEF
Captain

Quote:
Originally posted by Antiriad
Sadly Jeff Minter didnt show (no doubt working on Unity) nor Stoo Campbell. Never saw Chief either.
heh, i think i may have turned up too early. i met Makke outside before we went in at just after 11am. i got bored pretty quick at the exhibition (my fave bit was the c64 + superCPU with 16mb RAM and a plethora of harddrives and CD-Roms :eek

anyway, left at about 2pm, walked round brighton for a bit (its a lovely place, eh!) got sunburn then drove to Norfolk to see my parents instead of going to the concert! looks like i missed a good night. never mind, there's always the next one.

welcome to the board Richard Jospeh! You might be interested in this : http://sensi.pocketgopher.co.uk (i was attempting a GBA conversion of SWOS ) don't sue me please
Old 15 September 2003, 21:06   #31
FromWithin
Music lord

Send a message via ICQ to FromWithin Send a message via AIM to FromWithin Send a message via MSN to FromWithin Send a message via Yahoo to FromWithin
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Joseph
FromWithin who I hadn't met before (no redeyes in your pics too
Yes, yes. There are red-eyes on some of them actually, but I already edited the worst ones. I'll finish the rest later.

And we have met before. Very briefly. Years ago. Can't remember where. Some drunken muso event, no doubt.

And VGM London v2...you'd better be there. Watch out for the date and pipe up if you're going to be too busy.
Old 15 September 2003, 22:01   #32
Richard Joseph

If it was drunken then that would explain why my memory is more sieve-like than usual

I kind of thought I'd met you... but not sure...

Old 15 September 2003, 22:04   #33
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Welcome to EAB Richard! Once again, thanks the retro chat on Saturday and introducing me to Richard Leinfellner!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rjosephcf.gif
Views:	268
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	5944  
Old 15 September 2003, 22:06   #34
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Always enjoyed the intro to Cannon Fodder... I remember I and friends thoriughly enjoying the theme song back in the day.

Oh and if you want a custom Avatar Richard...
Attached Images

Old 15 September 2003, 22:14   #35
Richard Joseph

Bilko... from the Cannon Fodder video. I have avis of all of the Sensi videos we made. Cannon Fodder, Sensi Golf (!), SWOS and Sensi 2000 (was that the name of the PC game?). If there's any interest in these I can sort something out when I get back from my hols.

Old 15 September 2003, 23:12   #36
Akira

Welcome aboard Richard J!

Yes there is interest in such unreleased material. may I point you to this thread, and if you can be of any help to us, it would be most apreciated! Site going live soon

Cheers
Old 15 September 2003, 23:38   #37
Djay
breakpointUK.com

Send a message via MSN to Djay
Quote:
Richard Joseph
HOLY WOOWWWWW!!!!!

Can i just say Thank you for making some of the best games for the Amiga!!!!

Hope you stay around and share your memories.

HOLY WOOWWWWW!!!!!
Old 16 September 2003, 01:09   #38
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

@Richard Joseph

Welcome to the EAB. Im the resident Bitmap Brothers nutter here so Im especially pleased your now a member

Old 17 September 2003, 12:23   #39
Big-Byte
Long time member

Back In Time Live Pictures..

Taken by Ian from Zzap64....

http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/zys.../pbitlive4.htm

Old 17 September 2003, 13:32   #40
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs up

Great stuff with the photos & links guys, it marvellous to see guys still happy to acknowledge "the fans", & pay tribute to what can now truly be regarded as pioneering era.

They probably never would've guessed,(particularly taking into mind programming deadlines), that their works would still be this fondly remembered several years later!
AdSense AdSense