English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 18 August 2003, 02:24   #1
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Thumbs up Was looking for software for my soon to be PPC....

Thats PocketPC rather than PowerPC btw, anyway, I was looking through the games and you can now get Age of Empires and Tomb Raider etc for PDA's, and as I was looking through, I found this lost in the pile....

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...274&catalog=30

Well, I'm off to download it..... er..... I mean legaly obtain through ecommerce purchasing.....
AdSense AdSense  
Old 18 August 2003, 02:43   #2
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Just found this too....

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...274&catalog=30

If I find any more I will add them to this post.
Just hope someone makes a PPC Amiga emulator at some point
Old 18 August 2003, 02:58   #3
SabreGolly

I hope you have a better experience than I did with M$ Pocket PC's. The technology in these things is changing so fast they become obsolete withing months rather than years. Mine is only about 2 years old - and no software or updates have been available for ages now.

At least now there is just one processor so you should be reasonably ok.

Stupid mug here was taken in by the m$ hype.

An excelent site to visit for PPC game info is www.pocketgamer.org. Well worth a visit.

You will find, as I did, that good software is a bit thin on the ground, expensive and often poorly supported. Most game 'releases' are very poor sub amiga pd efforts that they then want USD15 for. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for cottage industry software - but don't charge the bloody earth for something you knocked up during your lunch break..
Old 18 August 2003, 03:02   #4
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by SabreGolly
I hope you have a better experience than I did with M$ Pocket PC's. The technology in these things is changing so fast they become obsolete withing months rather than years. Mine is only about 2 years old - and no software or updates have been available for ages now.

At least now there is just one processor so you should be reasonably ok.

Stupid mug here was taken in by the m$ hype.

An excelent site to visit for PPC game info is www.pocketgamer.org. Well worth a visit.

You will find, as I did, that good software is a bit thin on the ground, expensive and often poorly supported. Most game 'releases' are very poor sub amiga pd efforts that they then want USD15 for. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for cottage industry software - but don't charge the bloody earth for something you knocked up during your lunch break..
You think thats bad? You should check out the PPC software on the MS site, they try and charge $8 for things to make your screen be white and other insanely pointless things.
Old 18 August 2003, 06:15   #5
FromWithin
Music lord

Send a message via ICQ to FromWithin Send a message via AIM to FromWithin Send a message via MSN to FromWithin Send a message via Yahoo to FromWithin
You see???? Open source!

Everyone should buy a proper PDA like my Zaurus.

When you have Linux as the OS, it doesn't go out of date. I can replace the Sharp OS with the open source version which does all the same stuff, but comes with source code.

Next time you get a PDA, get one that you know you can completely overhaul and not be stuck by a lack of updates.
Old 18 August 2003, 20:06   #6
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by FromWithin
You see???? Open source!

Everyone should buy a proper PDA like my Zaurus.

When you have Linux as the OS, it doesn't go out of date. I can replace the Sharp OS with the open source version which does all the same stuff, but comes with source code.

Next time you get a PDA, get one that you know you can completely overhaul and not be stuck by a lack of updates.
He says while holding a PC with lack of any really good software and much variety.

And you can get Linux for other PDA's, its called ..... something that I can't find the name of at the moment..... APIO or something like that.....
AdSense AdSense