English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 August 2003, 12:13   #21
KombatSanta
Pipboy approved

Send a message via ICQ to KombatSanta
Quote:
Originally posted by TheBoss
I'll support anything that concernes preserving Amiga mags! Im sure people like me (Danes) will understand these mags well Actually I got some Danish mags, Amiga Bladet vol 3 - 10 from 1995 which are still in perfect condition for me to scan them but English readers wont get a word out of these Danish or Swedish mags so i dunno about it
well something that could be interesting for non scandinavians is what points some games scored in a review or how absolutely fabolous some covers are
AdSense AdSense  
Old 05 August 2003, 12:50   #22
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
Well yes thats right Im coming home in about 2 hours so I can make a test scan and get it up so you guys can see if its anything that should be looked into further, but I must warn that i dont have much free time as i did last year...studying like hell currently
Old 05 August 2003, 13:00   #23
emser

Quote:
Originally posted by KombatSanta
well something that could be interesting for non scandinavians is what points some games scored in a review or how absolutely fabolous some covers are
I totally agree. Some magazine covers, especially those in the late 80s are hilarious. The 'Vixen' cover is soo good. Leopard legwarmers and big peroxide hair. There's also the 'Lili & Sussie' cover...eew!

Actually, most of the articles and reviews in DMZ are total crap. The major part of the reviews are written by amateurs, and just doesn't make sense. It was a cheap mag, and you got what you paid for. The ads are fun though - that's the reason I re-read them sometimes.

After a long hiatus, I bought the final issue of DMZ sometime in '94. They had gone PC at that time, but I think there was a 'walk down memory lane' type of article where every DMZ issue was listed with cover and all, albeit at a small size. If I still have it I could scan that article..

Old 05 August 2003, 16:06   #24
TheBoss

Okay I just scanned 3 pages just after I got home for you guys to see... if there is need for this Danish mag to be further scanned and kept alive forever, hehe. I guess the paper they used for the magazine is really strong as it still looks like I bought them today

Amiga Bladet, November 1995 Front Cover
Amiga Bladet, November 1995 Page 32
Amiga Bladet, November 1995 Page 37

Last edited by TheBoss; 05 August 2003 at 16:17.
Old 05 August 2003, 16:12   #25
Bernhardt

not working...404 :P

Old 05 August 2003, 16:18   #26
TheBoss

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernhardt
not working...404 :P
Fixed Bernhardt O forgot to add the jpg extention on the links.
Old 06 August 2003, 16:33   #27
Bernhardt

Thanks =)

Old 08 August 2003, 12:25   #28
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBoss
Okay I just scanned 3 pages just after I got home for you guys to see... if there is need for this Danish mag to be further scanned and kept alive forever, hehe. I guess the paper they used for the magazine is really strong as it still looks like I bought them today

Amiga Bladet, November 1995 Front Cover
Amiga Bladet, November 1995 Page 32
Amiga Bladet, November 1995 Page 37
Nice works, I got a truckload of danish amigamags, but sorry no scanners. I will buy one soon, so then I can do my part of the share. I just collected the complete set of Amiga Advis in fine condition.
AdSense AdSense